Gears of Solace?

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

Edited By DBoy

Seems like some of my friends from the UK have gotten their hands on Gears of War 2 already.  Lucky bastards.  Enjoy it while it lasts, because DBoy's comin' to get ya soon.

There's a good reason for why I'm hyped about Gears 2.  Some people might think it's solely because of the game itself, but it's not.  It'll hopefully be the game that reunites "The Gang" once again and, possibly, has us playing it's multiplayer component night after night, day after day, for moths to come, the same way it's predecessor did.

To be quite honest with you, I find myself missing those fragfests tremendously.  So much nostalgia.  From Ish's B-Button antics to James Logan's squealing, from Tony's over-excitement to Art's low grumbles, from Talor being, well, Talor, to Mike's pistol-whipping, from Darren's complaints about the shotgun to Tyler's bursts of profanity, all of those guys' unique personalities meshed well with one another.  Of course, I still talk to most of them on a regular basis, but there was something special, something unique about those fragfests that made them so endearing to me.

No other game has brought us together like the first Gears of War did.  Hell, we used to have waiting lists of people who wanted to join in and play with us.  Free spots were rare, let me tell you.  Lots of other people outside of our regular gang used to join in on the fun.  If I'm not mistaken, I think we played the game every damn night for at least 2 months straight, if not more.  Such good times.

We even had a Gears of War Bash, which I recorded and uploaded on GameSpot.  Here's the video of that.

So, with that said, I sure hope all of us can meet up this weekend and get the ball rolling once again and, as Mr Smith would say, push things forward.  What do you say guys?  Want to do this again?

Oh, and by the way, Quantum of Solace ain't bad... but it ain't that good either.  More on that this weekend in the video blog.
DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By DBoy

Seems like some of my friends from the UK have gotten their hands on Gears of War 2 already.  Lucky bastards.  Enjoy it while it lasts, because DBoy's comin' to get ya soon.

There's a good reason for why I'm hyped about Gears 2.  Some people might think it's solely because of the game itself, but it's not.  It'll hopefully be the game that reunites "The Gang" once again and, possibly, has us playing it's multiplayer component night after night, day after day, for moths to come, the same way it's predecessor did.

To be quite honest with you, I find myself missing those fragfests tremendously.  So much nostalgia.  From Ish's B-Button antics to James Logan's squealing, from Tony's over-excitement to Art's low grumbles, from Talor being, well, Talor, to Mike's pistol-whipping, from Darren's complaints about the shotgun to Tyler's bursts of profanity, all of those guys' unique personalities meshed well with one another.  Of course, I still talk to most of them on a regular basis, but there was something special, something unique about those fragfests that made them so endearing to me.

No other game has brought us together like the first Gears of War did.  Hell, we used to have waiting lists of people who wanted to join in and play with us.  Free spots were rare, let me tell you.  Lots of other people outside of our regular gang used to join in on the fun.  If I'm not mistaken, I think we played the game every damn night for at least 2 months straight, if not more.  Such good times.

We even had a Gears of War Bash, which I recorded and uploaded on GameSpot.  Here's the video of that.

So, with that said, I sure hope all of us can meet up this weekend and get the ball rolling once again and, as Mr Smith would say, push things forward.  What do you say guys?  Want to do this again?

Oh, and by the way, Quantum of Solace ain't bad... but it ain't that good either.  More on that this weekend in the video blog.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Player1

I had a cod4 crew like that, and I miss them a lot too. 

Though they are all guys I know personally, still, like you said its not the same. 
Torb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Torb

Yea dude I'm hoping for the same except obviously with a different group of people :D
Wouldn't mind playing with yall though!
As for Quantumn...I know everyone says it's merely ok but I still wanna try it out. Hope your Gears dreams come true :D

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AthleticShark

I got it in the mail today. Me so happy :)

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Brandy

Definitely seems like you had a lot of fun with the original Gears, and I can only hope that it becomes that way again with the 2nd one! I can only assume that it will!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

13:53

PWND!

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7  Edited By JamesF

Send me an invite, I'll be there.

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By dj

Nothing beats playing a good shooter with a bunch of friends.

ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By ManlyBeast

I will have the limited edition tomorrow and me and my friends are going to pull a all nighter and get drunk.

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By hexogen

I've been waiting for a game to peel me off of Call of Duty 4 once and for all, and I'm hoping Gears 2 will be it. Hopefully I'll get to play with you sometime.

skonell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By skonell

I hope I can play Garz 2 with you guys soon.

TonyS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TonyS

Saturday night I should be ready to "gears" it up. 10 megabits of internet speed, brotha!

Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By EightBitWarrior

It was actually about 5 months. Crazy, eh?

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By AndyWilliams24

I'll be waiting for my invite nublet.

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By lightwarrior179

It actually makes the multiplayer a whole lot of fun when it is played with a "gang".
I am hoping to be a part of a Gears crew soon too. ;)

100th_bullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 100th_bullet

[deleted]

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By RenegadeSaint

GoW 2 tonight with the MGU crew.  Fun times will be had.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By gearhead

Send me an invite some time, I won't go too hard on you Denis : P

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By ElectricHaggis

I also enjoyed complaining about the shotguns in Gears, and the snipers for that matter.