#1 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

I'm getting the new iphone when it comes out and I'm not sure which of the phone service providers I should get, ATT, Sprint or Verizon. THeir prices for the plan I would get are very close but I don't know which has the best service. Thanks.

#2 Posted by Zacagawea (1594 posts) -

Verizon

#3 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

Verizon

THe verizon plan was slightly better but I don't know anything about their internet service.

#4 Edited by Chaser324 (6552 posts) -

@FiestaUnicorn said:

THe verizon plan was slightly better but I don't know anything about their internet service.

The 3G and 4G coverage and speeds are pretty decent, but it's going to depend a lot on where you are.

#5 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Me too. This is a good question, because I'm currently on T-Mobile, and my plan will run out soon. I used to have Verizon, and I get pretty good coverage where I live. I'll probably go with that, because I can't really stand AT&T, and I get crappy coverage here with Sprint.

#6 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Verizon. I currently have AT&T; but my sister's boyfriend always have service when we go camping or elsewhere. Where my iPhone does not.

#7 Posted by rynbeed (143 posts) -
@Zacagawea

Verizon

#8 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

AT&T treats you like you have no shirt or shoes.

#9 Posted by rynbeed (143 posts) -

I can't edit my post on mobilesite.

To say a bit more, having LTE on my Nexus has been amazing. When I get bumped back to 3g, I wonder how I ever was able to get anything done on my phone before LTE. If your in an area that has it, go for the iPhone on Verizon.

#10 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

How about the get the phone that doesn't make innocent Chinese people kill themselves.

#11 Posted by ajamafalous (11999 posts) -

Yeah, it'll really just depend on where you are. I live in Austin (Houston in the summer) and I haven't had a single problem with AT&T, either in their customer service or in their coverage, in the 10 years that I've had a cell phone with them. 

Obviously a lot of people like to shit on AT&T, but like I said, I've never had any problems with them, so I'd take any carrier recommendations/horror stories with a grain of salt.

#12 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

How about the get the phone that doesn't make innocent Chinese people kill themselves.

I don't think such a phone exists.

#13 Posted by Jace (1094 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

Verizon

#14 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

Fuck the iPhone. Signup for Sprint and get an Android. It's not that I hate Apple, I just hate AT&T and Verizon.