Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

My friend and I were having an super dumb argument about the effectiveness of a Ghillie Suit made of Bodies in a Zombie Apocalypse. If YOU saw a pile of dead bodies would your first instinct be to shoot it or look through it? I personally think if it came to it that making a suit of bodies would be an effective way of moving around in the Zombie Apocalypse.

What's everyone's thoughts on the matter?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

If I have to be walking near them I would probably shoot a bullet, if I see more movement shoot some more. If I don't have to be more than 4 feet way I won't

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmasheControllers

@SexyToad: So you would use a bullet to check? This is the apocalypse, ammo is scarce.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SexyToad

How big is the pile? Is there some hidden in the middle?

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmasheControllers

@SexyToad: It's two situations, Your passing a pile of bodies and the other is you are using the pile to hide.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By sweep  Moderator

It all depends on how the zombies are hunting I guess. In the walking dead (Comics) they smear themselves with blood and zombie entrails to hide their smell, and that works fine. In Sean Of The Dead they just have to shamble about a little to blend in. But in 28 days later the infected seem to be able to differentiate based on sight, too.

There's a lot of things to consider, when fighting zombies.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SexyToad

Okay so, I'll risk the bullet to check, better safe than sorry. Also the first place I would go in apocalypse is a weapon store and I would not be using the pile to hide. If I have any cuts their blood can infect me.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By xymox

Depends on what kind of zombie lore we're talking about. If they can hear you, Gunshots are not a good idea because you'll call the horde. Most likely, using a body suit is probably a bad idea. What if you scratch your head or something and that's enough for the virus/blood to make contact with your blood? And if we're talking voodoo zombies, I doubt they'd care much if you're wearing corpses, they'd know you aren't one, because magic. I would stay as far away from corpse-piles as I could. I wouldn't even burn them, because in some zombie movies that makes it worse and the entire cemetairy starts rising back up from the graves.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmasheControllers

The infection wouldn't transmit through the blood. Only way of infection is being bite, so hide in the pile is safe.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Scooper

I can't believe that no one has brought up the point that yo, human bodies are really fucking heavy. You picked up a leg recently? It would be pretty near impossible to carry 1 body around for any length of time let alone several. Also, dead bodies has kind of a lot of diseases manifesting in them. You want to wear that? I'd rather have mobility and hygiene on my side than less zombie attention.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Grissefar

@SmasheControllers said:

My friend and I were having an super dumb argument about the effectiveness of a Ghillie Suit made of Bodies in a Zombie Apocalypse. If YOU saw a pile of dead bodies would your first instinct be to shoot it or look through it? I personally think if it came to it that making a suit of bodies would be an effective way of moving around in the Zombie Apocalypse.

What's everyone's thoughts on the matter?

Wow, aren't you the guy who was sad about the lack of a rename feature? I thought Dave had added that, or perhaps you are happy with it the way it is.

Now about the ghillie suit, there are several problems:

• Having dead bodies on you would be rather heavy. Would you even be able to move, go up the stairs or through the door? That sort of ruins the running around aspect.
  • A moving pile of dead men would probably raise suspicion.
  • Having dead bodies on you would be rather unhealthy. Dead bodies smell bad and they probably carry more diseases than you'd like.
  • Looters would probably be more than happy to search your pile for goods.

Overall, I'd say hiding in a mall is probably a better idea.

SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Grissefar: God that was so long ago, I had forgotten.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a modern zombie apocalypse where the zombies are controlled by a necromancer, not a disease.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By xymox

With that (not transmitting through blood) being established, a suit of dead bodies might be a viable solution... but a nasty one. Also, as pointed out, it's potentially a big risk of other diseases. You can probably hollow the skin out and wear that, if you're concerned about being slowed you down if your cover is blown (such as by rain, in WD) so that'll make it easier to get away if shit hits any kind of fan within close proximity to where you're at. Or? Also, what kind of equipment do I have? What is the corpse-pile composed of? Do I have a chance at a jackpot - like there's a few dead soldiers with guns and ammo in there, or do I just not know? Like I can't tell from where I'm at, or such?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By Justin258

If ever there is a zombie apocalypse, it might be best to go into the spot that's furthest away from civilization and live off the land for a month. Then the shambling bodies will have rotted away in the sunlight and won't be able to move anymore. Sure, the flesh might still be "alive" in that it can move, but a zombie that has fallen apart isn't much of a threat.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cyraxible

Sounds like a pretty good album name.

I'm gonna stick with the corpse policy I use every day. Steer clear, of course.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By John1912

Well lets be honest. Youd be wearing food, and putting a target on your back for anyone looking to shoot a zombie. Sounds like a awful idea.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SamStrife

So it's a zombie apocalypse and you're going to make it appear that a pile of dead bodies is crawling along the floor?

There isn't a single party involved in that scenario that wouldn't attack that pile.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By stinky

worked in The Walking Dead, tv series.

depends on what rules you want to make for your zombies, everyone has slightly different ones.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By buft

@Sweep said:

It all depends on how the zombies are hunting I guess. In the walking dead (Comics) they smear themselves with blood and zombie entrails to hide their smell, and that works fine. In Sean Of The Dead they just have to shamble about a little to blend in. But in 28 days later the infected seem to be able to differentiate based on sight, too.

strangely in depth post about zombie invasion there sweep

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By SharkEthic

What if one of the dead bodies is an infected that just hasn't turned yet?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@buft said:

@Sweep said:

strangely in depth post about zombie invasion there sweep

You don't want to know how deep that rabbit hole goes.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Ramone

Can the zombies smell you? If not, I'd just go for a traditional ghillie suit.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arbie

Why would there be a pile of dead bodies? Like a zombie store room or something?

Anyway, I wouldn't shoot it. But I might take a really long, strong stick and poke 'em a bit. See if I hear or see anything that looks like a decent weapon or ammo, or just something cool.

As for wearing a suit made of bodies, that sounds like something nightmares are made out of! Also, I'm not the strongest of people and so the comment someone made about how heavy human bodies are makes it seem impossible anyway.

No, I don't expect I'd survive a zombie apocalypse . . .

jdw519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By jdw519

Wouldn't the Zombies try to eat the bodies? You'd be like the caramel center in a Meaty Cadbury egg

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Subjugation

@Scooper said:

I can't believe that no one has brought up the point that yo, human bodies are really fucking heavy. You picked up a leg recently? It would be pretty near impossible to carry 1 body around for any length of time let alone several. Also, dead bodies has kind of a lot of diseases manifesting in them. You want to wear that? I'd rather have mobility and hygiene on my side than less zombie attention.

How come you're the only one that has touched on this? An adult human body isn't something you could effectively "wear" because just one would be heavy enough. Several? I'll lean toward impossible. Unless the apocalypse turns you into the Hulk, you aren't going to be walking around carrying hundreds of pounds of human to cover yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking past the issue on whether it would work or not, it doesn't really seem feasible to carry around a pile of bodies so you can hide under it.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BraveToaster

Okay, the zombie virus may not be transmited by blood, but what about other diseases?

flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By flufflogic

@JDW519 said:

Wouldn't the Zombies try to eat the bodies? You'd be like the caramel center in a Meaty Cadbury egg

THIS.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I think it would be too heavy and unwieldy.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NegativeCero

Maybe if you take cut off pieces of the zombie and cover yourself in it. I agree that it would probably be heavy otherwise.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By ajamafalous

I don't understand. Zombies would try to eat the bodies; another survivor would attack the bodies. In what situation is this keeping you safe?

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Grimhild

@Subjugation said:

@Scooper said:

How come you're the only one that has touched on this? An adult human body isn't something you could effectively "wear" because just one would be heavy enough. Several? I'll lean toward impossible. Unless the apocalypse turns you into the Hulk, you aren't going to be walking around carrying hundreds of pounds of human to cover yourself.

Yup. First thing I though of.

Actually, the first thing I thought of was a ghillie suit made of flesh ribbons and stitching, which seems like it would be ineffective. And then I saw you were talking about whole bodies that you would "hide under." And I was like, nah.