• 69 results
moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By moelarrycurly

If you need incentive, Bungie is selling T-shirts that send 100% of the profits to the Red Cross.  Just a heads up.   http://www.bungiestore.com/

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By vidiot
@Wolverine said:
" @vidiot said:
" Donating money is cheap and easy, they also need every penny that they can take due to the whole: Our country is kinda destroyed, it's estimated that we've lost 200,000 people lost our lives, and don't ask us how long it's going to take to rebuild, thing.

If you own a cell phone you can donate by sending a text to 90999, with the msg "HAITI". When you do this, ten dollars is donated directly to the red cross, the amount is simply added to your cell phone bill. 
If you're too young, don't have a job, or "insert-your-situation-here", someone is probably spending money on your cell phone. It might not exactly be your money, but I doubt anyone would be up in arms giving ten dollars to this situation. 

Remember, you don't have to donate a bunch. It's good if you do, but if you can't it understandable. "
Wow vodot, I can't believe your motivating young people like myself that don't pay there cell phone bills to donate money that isn't theirs. That is more immoral than not even donating money in the first place.  "
If you don't talk to your parents, then yes, that's pretty silly. I thought that that's a given. 
It's ten dollars wolvey. If your parents are angry about lending $10 for your donation for Haiti relief, I don't know what to tell you. Get different parents? :P I would imagine they would respond positively to your concern if you talk to them. If not, then I'm sorry for your predicament?  
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Wolverine

The reason I'm not donating is because I'm a 17 year old high school student who makes minimum wage at a part time job and I feel that donating $10 to the red cross is insignificant to them yet very significant for me. I pay my income tax and my government is doing a lot for Haiti. I'd personally rather donate my time to a soup kitchen or donate my old clothes to the salvation army.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Wolverine
@vidiot said:

" @Wolverine said:

" @vidiot said:

" Donating money is cheap and easy, they also need every penny that they can take due to the whole: Our country is kinda destroyed, it's estimated that we've lost 200,000 people lost our lives, and don't ask us how long it's going to take to rebuild, thing.

If you own a cell phone you can donate by sending a text to 90999, with the msg "HAITI". When you do this, ten dollars is donated directly to the red cross, the amount is simply added to your cell phone bill. 
If you're too young, don't have a job, or "insert-your-situation-here", someone is probably spending money on your cell phone. It might not exactly be your money, but I doubt anyone would be up in arms giving ten dollars to this situation. 

Remember, you don't have to donate a bunch. It's good if you do, but if you can't it understandable. "
Wow vodot, I can't believe your motivating young people like myself that don't pay there cell phone bills to donate money that isn't theirs. That is more immoral than not even donating money in the first place.  "
If you don't talk to your parents, then yes, that's pretty silly. I thought that that's a given.  It's ten dollars wolvey. If your parents are angry about lending $10 for your donation for Haiti relief, I don't know what to tell you. Get different parents? :P I would imagine they would respond positively to your concern if you talk to them. If not, then I'm sorry for your predicament?   "
My parents have already donated a lot more then $10 to Haiti and they wouldn't care if I texted that number but it is the principle that you were promoting such actions and above I have stated why I am personally not donating to Haiti.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By vidiot
@Wolverine said:
" @vidiot said:

" @Wolverine said:

" @vidiot said:

If you don't talk to your parents, then yes, that's pretty silly. I thought that that's a given.  It's ten dollars wolvey. If your parents are angry about lending $10 for your donation for Haiti relief, I don't know what to tell you. Get different parents? :P I would imagine they would respond positively to your concern if you talk to them. If not, then I'm sorry for your predicament?   "
My parents have already donated a lot more then $10 to Haiti and they probably wouldn't care if I texted that number but it is the principle that you were promoting such actions and above I have stated why I am personally not donating to Haiti. "
My principle in that post was intended to inform peoples options. If you read that and took away that I was telling you steal money from your folks, then my apologies. Not my intent at all. I simply assumed people would talk to their parents, or more importantly because the amount is so low, (But large in the amounts of people donating.) I thought no one would be up in arms.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By demontium
@JJOR64 said:
" If I had the money I would donate, but I'm a jobless fat bastard with no money right now. "
same
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By c1337us
@pakx said:

" we gamers live a pretty privilaged life. it's a heavy release season and we're all buying lots of shit we dont actually need."

Ok I get what your saying here but I don't think it's accurate to say we all live a privilaged life by default because games are non essentials. Me I do live a pretty privilaged life but I am still not giving any cash towards this. I usually only donate to local charity projects where I can go see results of my contribution in the flesh. Not donate to some organisation where the money touches a lot of sticky fingers on the way through.
outsidedriver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By outsidedriver

What about the tornadoe in Huntsville Alabama or the flooding we are having in California will our government help theese people.Probally not.
Myrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Myrmidon
@pakx said:

" i just noticed there wasnt a dedicated Haiti thread and i just thought i'd start one.

we gamers live a pretty privilaged life. it's a heavy release season and we're all buying lots of shit we dont actually need.

i'd implore you to skip out on one of the releases you planned on picking up, and give the money to one of the various Haiti Relief funds.

for Giantbombers in the United States 
www.hopeforhaiti.org

for Canada
www.worldvision.ca

for the UK:
http://www.google.com/relief/haitiearthquake/index.html

giving what you can is always appreciated and every little bit helps. 

if a Mod sees it fit a sticky would be awesome.

"
Fuck off.
RisingRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By RisingRaiden
@ReaperOfLiving said:
" /opinion warning!/  We have enough problems other places! I am very pissed we even considered helping them!!  Don't get me wrong it is sad but WTF?!  Your own country?  Hello?!  Were not in debt enough so lets go throw money at other countries, shows how smart America is.  As for other countries go ahead and do whatever. /opinion ends/ "
LOL  But I do agree with you there.  
joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
@sodiumCyclops said:
"Title is a little misleading. Anyone see it? "

LMAO! I just noticed that lol
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By Whisperkill

why would we give a giant bomb to Haiti? It seems like they have enough problems at the moment.

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By ReaperOfLiving
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @sodiumCyclops said:
"Title is a little misleading. Anyone see it? "
LMAO! I just noticed that lol "
I see it now!! ROFL
RawShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By RawShark
@sodiumCyclops said:
" Title is a little misleading. Anyone see it? "
I lol'd.
karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By karneh

Sad people singing sad songs make me not want to donate. Just an excuse for celebritys to take more off their taxes.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By mike
@pakx: Sorry, I only donate to charities that help people in my own community. We've got our own jobless, homeless, and starving people to deal with thank you very much.
JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By JoRoNimo

Yup! I actually donated $25 at work, and my company actually matched our contributions dollar-for-dollar for a total of $1000 donated. It was pretty awesome. 

Also, my little sister managed to get her class to donate a little bit, but I'm not sure how much they gathered. She put in like $10 of her own though, and she's also a sophomore in high school. Her class is raising money next weekend with a car wash too. 

I always like to see people take action in their own hands, and I applaud the OP for this thread. It's times like these that remind of the good in some people.

waddles3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By waddles3900
@sodiumCyclops:  i see it.
Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By pirate_republic
@Bruce said:

" Yeah. . .no offense, I think what happened there is tragic. However, as a college student who needs to focus on his own life, I'm not going to start becoming all saint-like every time a natural disaster occurs in a third world country :/ "

It takes thirty seconds to donate a few bucks (which you do have, regardless of how poor you are). Pick up your cell, and text "haiti" to 90999. Bam, you just donated 10$ to the red cross.

That's all it takes, guys.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By Azteck

Don't think I can text that number and.. I kinda need all the money I can get at the moment. I can't say I have a steady income and $10 can make a difference at some point for me. Not to mention that I have shit to buy.