#1 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Hello and welcome to to the Giant Bomb LEGO group, where we can talk about LEGO freely and post pictures of our creations or anything LEGO related. So go ahead, and fill us in on why you love LEGO, post pictures of your creations and talk about the future of LEGO!

My Current LEGO Collection.

I don't have to many sets, I decided when I started that as LEGO was crazy expensive that I would limit myself to just a couple each month. I started around the time Bricked launched, possibly just before when Gary was talking a lot about LEGO on the podcast.

As you can see I have..

• Tie Fighter.
  • X Wing.
  • Luke's Landspeeder.
  • The White House.
  • Knight Bus.
  • Police Helicopter.

I also have a Garbage Truck waiting to be constructed.

#2 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4757 posts) -
#3 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda: Branding is a good but it makes the LEGO so expensive, I recommend City as thats damn cheap in comparison.

#4 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

I have most of the Harry Potter kits but they're all in boxes in the garage at the moment, waiting for when my little brother and sister stop loosing LEGO pieces :P

Though, when the time comes for me to give them all of it, I will happily sit down with them and build it all again.

#5 Posted by alternate (2707 posts) -

It is for kids. Mind, my current and ex gf say the same about video games :D

#6 Edited by Emperor_Jimmu (249 posts) -
#7 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

I still have like 2 garbage bags full of legos in my basement somewhere.

#8 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I don't suppose anybody went to the LEGO convention that Gary and Will went to?

They posted some pretty awesome pictures.

#9 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -

I was a big LEGO kid graduating from the bucket of random blocks to Technic, but I feel too old to get serious about LEGO again. Also, shit's expensive, yo.

#10 Posted by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -

This is just a small portion of my collection. The majority of my sets/custom builds/pieces are at my mom's.

From left to right:

• Rebel Blockade Runner (the first one you can't get anymore, and my second largest set)
  • A BNSF diesel locomotive, two Santa Fe Super Chiefs, and various cars for the Chiefs
  • Young Obi Wan fighting a couple destroyer droids, B-wing with repair sled-thing
  • Droid fighter and command center from B-wing set
  • A-wing
  • Mini Jedi fighter, Luke on Endor holding off a custom speeder bike (made from the two from the set)
  • Jeep/SUV with boat on trailer, hot rod
  • Custom gun-car (guns from earlier speeder bikes), mini Slave-II, Luke taken prisoner on Endor, a camera guy, and a battlebot prototype
  • AT-ST (pulled it out for a better picture)
  • Imperial Shuttle (my largest set, this thing is absolutely massive)
  • And finally the newest X-wing set

There's some other stuff for sharp eyed individuals to spot as well. Also, as I posted in the currently missing Tested thread, I really need to dust more.

#11 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@B0nd07 Nice sets!
#12 Posted by kindgineer (2728 posts) -

@Hizang said:

I don't suppose anybody went to the LEGO convention that Gary and Will went to?

They posted some pretty awesome pictures.

That is fucking amazing. Insert joke here about no life basement kids, but good god I wish I had the determination to do that...

#13 Edited by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

You guys are doing it all wrong! You are supposed to build original stuff! Hell, I had entire medievil battles with huge castles with working catapults and battering rams! It kicked ass.

Oh, and I made a building out of lego, that with a press of a button on it, would have a part fall off as if it exploded(aka fell off, just use your damn imagination!). hard as hell to make but it worked!

Never try and make a death star out of lego, it never works... EVER...

#14 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

Your lego sets really impress me guys........

#15 Posted by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -

@Hizang: Thanks!

@Jay444111: There is no wrong way when it comes to Lego. Also, what you're describing is how I spent a good chunk of my childhood.

#16 Posted by Vamino (208 posts) -

I have the pretty typical sort of stuff.. X-Wing, TIE Fighter and the Space Shuttle Expedition. Currently waiting on the VW Van and the Imperial Shuttle in the mail.

#17 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

It's been a while, here is my updated progress.

So 5 months since I posted that last picture and not a huge improvement, I think I burnt out once Tested finished there thing. But a few months ago I got back into it, not shown here is a Lord of The Rings Lego set that I plan to build today.

#18 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

never saw this thread. i have two speeder bikes and a few other small ones.

#19 Posted by Arabes (338 posts) -

Lego is fucking awesome :) Never let ppl give you shit for liking lego, tell 'em to go fuck themselves. I'm a construction worker and lego is still way cooler than building shit in real life.

#20 Edited by GunstarRed (5189 posts) -

I have a ton of Batman figures (old & new) and a few sets, and loads of the Indiana Jones stuff. Also three of the Marvel/Avengers sets, but I'm totally a DC person, I just wanted a Lego Wolverine/Magneto. The only Avenger I'm missing is Black Widow. £90 for the set with her is ridiculous.

Oh and two Speed Racer cars.

#21 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I went to a LEGO shop last weekend, I ended up buying Darth Mauls Spaceship and a Monster Fighters Car, oh and also this sick horse cart!

#22 Posted by Nightriff (5085 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

I was hoping it was going to shoot legos....guess rubber bands are ok

#23 Posted by Funrush (70 posts) -

I love Legos, and really want some of the new Superhero sets, but they're way too expensive.

@GunstarRed said:

I have a ton of Batman figures (old & new) and a few sets, and loads of the Indiana Jones stuff. Also three of the Marvel/Avengers sets, but I'm totally a DC person, I just wanted a Lego Wolverine/Magneto. The only Avenger I'm missing is Black Widow. £90 for the set with her is ridiculous.

Oh and two Speed Racer cars.

This too. If you could buy the minifigs separate, (not those magnets, since now they glue them to the bricks. And they didn't make enough characters on those anyways), I would pick them up, but having to buy $50+ sets just to get a minifig you like is outrageous.

#24 Posted by fluttershy_princess (7 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

@Vinny_Says said:

I was hoping it was going to shoot legos....guess rubber bands are ok

It doesn't shoot lego's.. it is made with lego's.. Give the guy a break, cause this is badass. :)

#25 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

I don't like Star Wars, but I played with legos as a kid, and the only thing I liked about star wars was the B-Wing.

So naturally that Lego B-Wing they showed recently is the only thing I've wanted to build out of lego in a long time.

#26 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Legos are lame

#27 Posted by Bollard (5555 posts) -

Would post images of my Sopwith Camel but I don't have any on mah PC.

#28 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

I never understood the purpose of LEGOs when it came to recreating the shit on the box. What's the point of it when all you do is spend $50 and snap together some plastic pieces while reading the instructions? There's no creativity. Erector sets you could at least follow the manual and build what it told you, but then you get to modify it and build even more elaborate things. K'NEX was good too because you could build whatever you wanted. LEGOs are just mindless unless you just buy a bunch in bulk. Every kid that I have ever known to have LEGOs just builds what is on the box and wants more. They never try to make anything unique.

#29 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
Yesterday I bought and built a vampire Hearse from the new Monster Fighters line, it's pretty awesome. The vampire hunter rides a motorcycle with two guns and a sword for fucks sake!
#30 Edited by GunstarRed (5189 posts) -

@Hizang: Did you get that Monster Fighters hearse, because that thing is awesome. I have no room for something like that anymore... I've had to be a lot more selective about what I get.

#31 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

@Hizang: Did you get that Monster Fighters hearse, because that thing is awesome. I have no room for something like that anymore... I've had to be a lot more selective about what I get.

"Points to the picture above"

I too though have noticed the lack of space, LEGO takes up a lot of room. If you go back to my OP of this thread and see how much room there is in that picture, now its crammed and overflowing.

#32 Edited by GunstarRed (5189 posts) -

@Hizang: I have that Jokers Funhouse, it takes up an insane amount of space, there's like a whole cart track section to it.

edit - I continue to want the hell out of the hearse.

#33 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@GunstarRed said:

@Hizang: I have that Jokers Funhouse, it takes up an insane amount of space, there's like a whole cart track section to it.

I want to buy the Imperial Shuttle, but it looks massive. I just need to wait until I have my own apartment. Until then I should probably put the older ones in storage. Its a good thing I always keep all the manuals.

#34 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

6 Hours Later...

#35 Posted by Sanity (1907 posts) -

I was a Knex kid growing up and most of that stuff takes up too much space when its built so i took it all down and the pieces are in the attic. Love looking at this stuff though and i think your never too old to have fun with this kind of stuff, thanks for sharing guys.

#36 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -