• 78 results
Posted by MB (11891 posts) 7 months, 23 days ago

Poll: Giant Bomb's Favorite Hot Sauce (Poll) (436 votes)

Tapatio 12%
Texas Pete 5%
Reggae Reggae Sauce 3%
Cholula 16%
Frank's RedHot 25%
Pepper Plant Original 2%
Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce 6%
Dave's Gourmet Ghost Pepper Sauce 3%
El Yucateco 3%
Huy Fong Sriracha 25%
Mad Dog 3%
La Guacamaya 1%
고추장 (Gochujang) 4%
Tabasco 23%
Louisiana Brand 7%
Crystal 3%
Gator Hammock Gator Sauce 1%
Valentina 3%
Tennessee Sunshine 1%
The Source or other high Scoville rating novelty food additive 2%
Pickapeppa Sauce 1%
House Brand (Grocery store private label) 3%
Fast Food Sauce (McDonalds, Taco Bell - for @Sparky_Buzzsaw) 5%
I don't use hot sauce (previously known as "I don't know what I'm missing") 7%
I don't like spicy food at all (previously known as "I'm a nine year old girl") 6%
Other (Explain) 11%

-This isn't about which is the hottest sauce, just which ones you prefer. Multiple choices are allowed.

-Some sauces have been combined into one option, such as all varieties of Tabasco and all fast food sauces.

Share what you like to use hot sauce on - as a condiment, in cooking, straight out of the bottle, all of the above?

#51 Posted by MB (11891 posts) -

@sparky_buzzsaw: Cholula is a staple in tacquerias in the Bay Area. Try it on eggs or on burritos...mild but it does have a good flavor. It's easy to find in stores and usually only a couple bucks, it'll have a round wooden top.

#52 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

I guess I'm a nine year old girl? On the rare occasions I use hot sauce, it's Sriracha or Tabasco.

#53 Edited by Apparatus_Unearth (3095 posts) -

El Yucateco rules.

#54 Edited by The_Vein (269 posts) -

Bunch of yankees in here.

#55 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -

Most of those I'm unfamiliar with, probably as I'm in the UK, but it's still Tabasco. That shit is an ingredient, not a condiment.

#56 Edited by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

Franks erryday

#57 Posted by Video_Game_King (35826 posts) -

I still vote for Miku Hot Sauce:

#58 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6040 posts) -

@mb: Looked all over Wal-Mart today for sriracha and Hoy Fong. No dice. Sigh.

#59 Edited by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -

siracha.

#60 Posted by NoelVeiga (1063 posts) -

I have a problem with the poll being based on brand names. My favourite hot sauces are recipes.

#61 Posted by MB (11891 posts) -

#62 Posted by MB (11891 posts) -

Just a quick PSA for those living in California, and maybe even elsewhere in the US - there is going to be a shortage of Hoy Fun Sriracha soon, if not already. There was some sort of lawsuit regarding their Southern California plant and stores aren't getting their normal shipments. This morning I checked two different grocery stores and a Wal Mart and all were out, I had to hit up the Asian market in order to find some Sriracha. This is supposedly going to continue for awhile, so if you can't live without the stuff you may want to grab a few bottles while you can.

#63 Posted by cloudnineboya (762 posts) -

I do not see my name in this poll

#64 Edited by Butano (1728 posts) -

I go with Chipotle Tabasco. Not regualar Tabasco, that is watery and unappealing to me. But the Chipotle stuff is great. Sriracha is fine too, but I only use it on Asian food.

I agree. Not a fan of normal and green pepper Tabasco due to how vinegary they are, but I absolutely love their smoked Chipotle sauce.

#65 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (262 posts) -

Tabasco and of course Famous Dave's Devil Spit. They're not a chain most people would be familiar with as they're almost entirely based in the Midwest. Their sauces though are terrific and easily some of the best there is.

#66 Edited by flippyandnod (360 posts) -

Pepper Plant all the way, no question. Chunky Garlic Style though, not original. I like plenty of the hotter sauces too, but they kind of start to seem interchangeable after a while.

@slyspider: Texas Pete is from Carolina.

#67 Posted by lennyy (73 posts) -

Tobasco is the way to go, man.

#68 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6040 posts) -

@mb: You, good sir, will be happy to know that during my last venture out of town for groceries, I stocked the eff up on hot sauces. Unfortunately, most of the favorites in the poll weren't there (sriracha, Hoy Fong, etc.). But I did manage to come up with some new favorites, particularly 7 Mares and Zaaschila (which I know doesn't really constitute as hot sauce, but whatever, the chipotle hot sauce spread is fuckin' amazing). Got a few more yet to try, so more to come later. I know, you were worried.

#69 Edited by slyspider (1133 posts) -

Pepper Plant all the way, no question. Chunky Garlic Style though, not original. I like plenty of the hotter sauces too, but they kind of start to seem interchangeable after a while.

@slyspider: Texas Pete is from Carolina.

I feel lied to and betrayed. I dont know who to love anymore

#70 Posted by oysterpolice (11 posts) -

To be honest, I never tried it. I saw it on display in a Mexican restaurant and thought it was funny. Therefore it is my favorite.

#71 Posted by crazyleaves (636 posts) -
#72 Edited by Sanity (1890 posts) -

Dave's Ghost pepper sauce and Franks for me, thats what i use for my wings.

#73 Edited by BaconGames (3280 posts) -

I'm not one to prefer eat spicy food all the time but the Huy Fong Sriracha is the one I go with if I want it. It is a specific taste though, with its sugar and garlic ingredients that I think makes the heat much more manageable than these other sauces that just throw a bunch of capsaicin and acids down your throat (*cough* Tobasco *cough*).

Also this poll is kind of confusing because Huy Fong Sriracha IS hot chili sauce with garlic in it.

#74 Posted by MB (11891 posts) -

Also this poll is kind of confusing because Huy Fong Sriracha IS hot chili sauce with garlic in it.

The Chili Garlic Sauce is a totally different Huy Fong product...it's much spicier, no added sugar.

#75 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6285 posts) -

Frank's Red Hot. I put that shit on everything. Although Tobasco is better as a sexual lubricant.

#76 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (448 posts) -

Anchor Bar Wing Sauce...my absolute favourite hot sauce...Buffalo, NY all the way!

#77 Edited by Apparatus_Unearth (3095 posts) -

That Huy Fong chili garlic sauce is a real force.

#78 Posted by NinetySevenA (47 posts) -

I like a nice Cayenne pepper sauce. We used to get a huge bottle of some Cayenne pepper sauce and use about one a month. I moved away from that city and now I have Frank's.

I like when the sauce has a lot of flavour and does not rely on spice alone.

I wouldn't really call it spicy but Tabasco Chipotle is my favourite sauce right now.

#79 Edited by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

Easily Tabasco, it is the best hot sauce! All other hot sauces can not come close to it.