#1 Posted by ManiacMaysin (375 posts) -

Is there a way to change my order? I accidentally ordered a small flight club tshirt when I meant to order a large. There is not much information on the store page. When I click about us it just says page not found. Thanks.

#2 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

*shrugs* but this post will bumb your topic do hopefully someone can help you.

#3 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -
@ManiacMaysin

Is there a way to change my order? I accidentally ordered a small flight club tshirt when I meant to order a large. There is not much information on the store page. When I click about us it just says page not found. Thanks.

Yes. They haven't put in the order yet, PM Dave Snider or bug him on Twitter. His name is @Snide
#4 Edited by ManiacMaysin (375 posts) -

Well my order just shipped and it still says small. Who do I send the return to? The shop page is lacking in information. I sent two messages to support last week and a pm to Dave. Guess since they moved to cbs nobody is reading the member support emails anymore.

#5 Posted by Brendan (8136 posts) -

Bug Dave more? I dunno dude, the only thing I can do is keep this topic bumped a little longer.

#6 Edited by ManiacMaysin (375 posts) -

Thanks. I figured there might be another user who's had to return something before.

#7 Posted by ManiacMaysin (375 posts) -

Looks like there's a contact email for the social imprints company in the email. Maybe they can sort this out, hopefully. That contact info should really be on the store page somewhere.

#8 Posted by mrsamurai (5 posts) -

@ManiacMaysin: I'm in the same situation. I accidentally ordered a small when I meant to order a large. Shirt just arrived today, so I'm not sure who I should contact.

#9 Posted by ManiacMaysin (375 posts) -

@mrsamurai: This email isn't on the store page, which is ridiculous, but it is in the email they send when the order ships: orders@socialimprints.com

OR just send it back to the return address with a note saying you want to exchange. That's what I did. I contacted social imprints and they said that was okay.

Here's the address: 545 Jefferson Blvd #23

West Sacramento, CA 95605