#1 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1297 posts) -

I want to spread some Christmas cheer and get one of my classmates a month long membership. I introduced him to the site a couple months back and he has really taken to it well so I wanted to send him deeper down the rabbit hole. Quick question though...do gifted memberships renew on your credit card automatically or is re-subscription the responsibility of the giftee (re-subscribing on his credit card of course). Also thinking about doing a random giveaway at some point during the break so I just want to make sure I know what i'm getting into. Thanks a bunch duders. Have Batman

#2 Posted by Swoxx (3008 posts) -

Good question, I've wondered about this myself. I would assume it's a one time debit. WM is usually smart about this stuff.

#3 Posted by DarthOrange (3893 posts) -

Feel free to gift me and i'll tell you in a year. In all seriousness though i believe i have read that gifts do not renew.

#4 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

I quite confident that gifted subs are a one time thing.

When you buy a gifted membership you get an email with a code. Give the code to whom ever and they add it on their account.

Think of it as buying a WoW Subscription Card for someone.

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@chocolaterhinovampire: There are no monthly sub gifts... I gifted someone a membership, there's only the 50$ yearly one.
#6 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1297 posts) -

Damn..thanks anyway guys

#7 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

I just noticed that little gift icon on the right of some people. That's neat.