Girl posts picture of herself on Facebook, creates uproar

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By BraveToaster

What's so brave about it? There are a ton of big people who take pictures of themselves at the beach (here in the U.S., at least).

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#102  Edited By Brendan

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Sometimes I really wonder what world the media seems to live in. They must not go to the beach often in any case.

First thought that popped into my head. She just looks like a regular old person to me. People that look like average people put up pictures of themselves in bathing suits on Facebook by the bajillions every day.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By Morrow

@falserelic said:

@BrainSonata said:

In this thread, a girl brandishes her vulva as a weapon against a predominantly Male Internet and some people don't understand sarcasm. Sports at 11!

A women vagina can be a powerful weapon against guys.

And someone feels obviously intimidated by it.

Seriously, if other people wouldn't have already called BrainSonata a dick, I would probably feel offended. But fortunately dick opinions have zero merit, so I can have a peace of mind.

:D

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#104  Edited By jakob187

Fuck the haters. I'd hit it in a heartbeat. Being from Texas, I prefer my women to be a bit corn-fed.

BrainSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By BrainSonata
@Morrow

@falserelic said:

@BrainSonata said:

In this thread, a girl brandishes her vulva as a weapon against a predominantly Male Internet and some people don't understand sarcasm. Sports at 11!

Seriously, if other people wouldn't have already called BrainSonata a dick, I would probably feel offended. But fortunately dick opinions have zero merit, so I can have a peace of mind.

I'm a dick because people didn't get the sarcasm in my first post about her being "so brave"?

An average sized chick posts a photo of her on a beach and causes all this melodrama between white knights and trolls. Yawn.

Sorry I said "chick" by the way.
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By falserelic

@Morrow said:

@falserelic said:

@BrainSonata said:

You shouldn't get worked up over this. There's lots of things that girls said to me that was offensive. But I didn't let it get the best of me. I'm sure you know how guys can get when it comes to stuff like this..

m16mojo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By m16mojo2

Oh God! Why is this a story? New journalists first time at a beach?

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By mandude

@Morrow said:

@mandude said:

I don't think I know who she is, but I can tell from the picture that she's statistically a bad person.

Ouch. I'm sorry you made bad experiences with pretty women. I feel for you and can empathize with your frustration. But building a wall around your heart won't let it heal. Grow some balls. Hey, j/k, no hard feelings :D

I would never entertain an interpersonal relationship with such a person. You're making me uneasy by instilling the thought of it into my mind. :(

Anyway, I wouldn't know if she's pretty or not, because behind all the pretend (and bad glare coming off her face), who knows what she looks like!

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Morrow

@BrainSonata: No, I think the issue was that you used the word "bitch" or generally insulted overweight women as "plump bitches", not your sarcasm. If you make a provocative post, deal with the reactions. Or maybe it was something else, I can't look into the heads of the guys who disliked your statement.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#111  Edited By Brendan

@jakob187 said:

Fuck the haters. I'd hit it in a heartbeat. Being from Texas, I prefer my women to be a bit corn-fed.

lol ew you're making the other sex sound like livestock

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Morrow

@Brodehouse said:

@Morrow No, I got your point. I'm saying we use insults as a synonym for man or guy just as often.

I know, but that doesn't make it any better.

Your explanation is invalid to me as I was merely stating that I don't like the usage of such insults, or better, insults replacing the neutral words like girl or woman. No justification needed from your account.

If it's ok for guys to refer to themselves as motherfucker or whatever, fine, maybe that's part of the "male culture" or whatever you wanna call it. I'd still advise you to not transfer this behaviour over to the female culture as well. Unless you like to be slapped in the face :D

"Male culture"? Gender is genetic, culture is not. Vulgarity is not a male-only concept. The dislike of foul language also isn't female specific, because my girlfriend says cunt more than you'd believe. The assumption that all men or women share some instinctual, genetic opinion on the use of vulgarity is more sexist than any vulgar word could ever be.

If you don't like any and all vulgarity, that's fine. A lot of people don't. But being fine with some and not others, that dog don't hunt.

BrainSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By BrainSonata
@Morrow

@BrainSonata: No, I think the issue was that you used the word "bitch" or generally insulted overweight women as "plump bitches", not your sarcasm. If you make a provocative post, deal with the reactions. Or maybe it was something else, I can't look into the heads of the guys who disliked your statement.

It's so evident that you're a woman now.

I like to use the word "bitch" and "chick" and will continue to do so. More likely to enjoy it if you react like this.
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By falserelic

@BrainSonata said:

@Morrow

It's so evident that you're a woman now.

I like to use the word "bitch" and "chick" and will continue to do so. More likely to enjoy it if you react like this.

Hate to say this brain but arguing with a women is a losing battle man. I've been there the longer you argue the worse it gets man.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Morrow

@falserelic said:

@Morrow said:

@falserelic said:

@BrainSonata said:

You shouldn't get worked up over this. There's lots of things that girls said to me that was offensive. But I didn't let it get the best of me. I'm sure you know how guys can get when it comes to stuff like this..

Yeah I know, that's why I said I'm not offended. I already know about all the disrespect, but I won't just accept it like that. I mean, we all live in the same society and should learn to treat others well, and I feel like I need to sometimes remind some people of that.

Treat everyone how you want to be treated.

And don't say "this is the internet", the internet is what we make it. We are the internet, and if the internet is regarded as a bad place, it's because we make it bad. Plus, I have zero respect for people who hide behind a fictional username to insult or degrade or otherwise hate on other people. Just my two cents :)

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morrow said:

He couldve called her something worse than a plump bitch........  And girls call eachother bitches all the time or at least ratchet (ghetto) bitches do.  
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#117  Edited By wrighteous86

@BrainSonata said:

@Morrow

It's so evident that you're a woman now. I like to use the word "bitch" and "chick" and will continue to do so. More likely to enjoy it if you react like this.

So everyone called you a dick for your phrasing, you acted like everyone didn't get your clever sarcastic joke which was SOOOO complex (and not really used properly), and then when she clarified she was insulted by your phrasing, you continued down that path moreso.

See why people are calling you a dick?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#118  Edited By MariachiMacabre

How predictable that this thread exploded into arguments.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Morrow

@BrainSonata said:

@Morrow

It's so evident that you're a woman now. I like to use the word "bitch" and "chick" and will continue to do so. More likely to enjoy it if you react like this.

Yeah, why shouldn't it be evident? Everyone who looks at my profile can tell I'm a woman :D

Oh, and that's just the reaction I expected from someone showcasing an attitude like that. But if you like to stoop that low, be my guest.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#120  Edited By jakob187

@Brendan said:

@jakob187 said:

lol ew you're making the other sex sound like livestock

It's just a Southern way of saying "we like women with some meat on their bones, not the buck-o-five weaklings".

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By mandude

@MariachiMacabre said:

I disagree.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#122  Edited By wrighteous86

@mandude said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

I disagree.

You are both wrong.

BrainSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By BrainSonata
@Morrow

@BrainSonata said:

@Morrow

Yeah, why shouldn't it be evident? Everyone who looks at my profile can tell I'm a woman :D

Oh, and that's just the reaction I expected from someone showcasing an attitude like that. But if you like to stoop that low, be my guest.

I think you have serious issues if you think me referring to a girl who isn't size 0 as a "plump bitch" is stooping low.

Even the Giant Bomb guys particularly Jeff has referred to women as "Bitches" before when making a joke. Do you get all feminist and excited when you hear anyone say the word "bitches"?

Lighten the fuck up.
Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Morrow

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

@Morrow said:

He couldve called her something worse than a plump bitch........ And girls call eachother bitches all the time or at least ratchet (ghetto) bitches do.

Oh my.

Oh yeah, we can totally be happy to only get a, like, 3rd rank insult instead of something worse! How nice and generous. And of course, when women call other women bitches it's totally the same like when a guy does it. Your comment implies it's totally reasonable if I'll go up to my working colleagues and say "Hey motherfucker! How was your weekend?!" because they're calling themselves motherfucker too sometimes. I'm curious how they will react.

/sarcasm

But nice try.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Morrow

@MariachiMacabre said:

Well that's what makes threads like that fun :D

It spices up the usual video game talk a little.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By mandude

@Morrow said:

@BrainSonata said:

Everyone who looks at my profile can tell I'm a woman :D

Who are you trying to convince here? Let's be honest...

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127  Edited By musclerider

How did 60,000 people decide to like this girl's facebook? Was she already famous?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morrow said:

@Morrow said:

He couldve called her something worse than a plump bitch........ And girls call eachother bitches all the time or at least ratchet (ghetto) bitches do.

Oh my.

Oh yeah, we can totally be happy to only get a, like, 3rd rank insult instead of something worse! How nice and generous. And of course, when women call other women bitches it's totally the same like when a guy does it. Your comment implies it's totally reasonable if I'll go up to my working colleagues and say "Hey motherfucker! How was your weekend?!" because they're calling themselves motherfucker too sometimes. I'm curious how they will react.

/sarcasm

But nice try.

Its not right but Im pointing out a weird ass double standard when it comes to certain words.  Honestly calling someone "retarded" is more offensive than the term "plump bitch".  And actually you might be able to call your colleague motherfucker but it depends on the job and how close you are.  If they call themselves "motherfucker" and if you use a humorous tone when you say it, you can probably get away with it.  
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By falserelic

O Shit, I got to go grab some chips and a drink and enjoy the show...

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Morrow

@BrainSonata said:

@Morrow

@BrainSonata said:

@Morrow

I think you have serious issues if you think me referring to a girl who isn't size 0 as a "plump bitch" is stooping low. Even the Giant Bomb guys particularly Jeff has referred to women as "Bitches" before when making a joke. Do you get all feminist and excited when you hear anyone say the word "bitches"? Lighten the fuck up.

So your justification of your behaviour is "someone else said the same"? So you mean, if Jeff jumps off a bridge, you'd do the same?

Jeff!!! Quick, jump off a bridge!!! :D

And no, I don't get "excited and feminist" (lol) when guys randomly call women bitches, because in most cases, guys who are disrespectful towards women behave like that because they made bad experiences, like having been used, having been dumped, or mocked and made fun of. So a part of me can in a way empathize, but the other part of me, the part that likes good manners and social competence, the bigger part of me, feels the need to remind them not to act like a dick.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#132  Edited By bed

i wonder if they have ever visited a beach before

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By falserelic

@Morrow said:

@BrainSonata said:

@Morrow

@BrainSonata said:

@Morrow

I think you have serious issues if you think me referring to a girl who isn't size 0 as a "plump bitch" is stooping low. Even the Giant Bomb guys particularly Jeff has referred to women as "Bitches" before when making a joke. Do you get all feminist and excited when you hear anyone say the word "bitches"? Lighten the fuck up.

So your justification of your behaviour is "someone else said the same"? So you mean, if Jeff jumps off a bridge, you'd do the same?

And no, I don't get "excited and feminist" (lol) when guys randomly call women bitches, because in most cases, guys who are disrespectful towards women behave like that because they made bad experiences, like having been used, having been dumped, or mocked and made fun of. So a part of me can in a way empathize, but the other part of me, the part that likes good manners and social competence, the bigger part of me, feels the need to remind them not to act like a dick.

I hate to jump in this But what about women? They can be just as disrespectful as guys.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Morrow

@Morrow said:

@Morrow said:

Oh my.

/sarcasm

But nice try.

Its not right but Im pointing out a weird ass double standard when it comes to certain words. Honestly calling someone "retarded" is more offensive than the term "plump bitch". And actually you might be able to call your colleague motherfucker but it depends on the job and how close you are. If they call themselves "motherfucker" and if you use a humorous tone when you say it, you can probably get away with it.
No Caption Provided

By the way, whether someone finds "retarded" more offensive than "plump bitch" is totally individual. If that's your opinion, fine, I accept that. It's not mine though.

And hell, I would never call anyone motherfucker, that's just asocial.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#135  Edited By LiquidPrince

This is silly.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By CaptainCody

@OllyOxenFree said:

lyk dis if u cry errytime +1

Edit: Pack of fucking cry babies in this thread, get over it, kids.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Wrighteous86 Hay dood, dick is a gendered insult, that shit ain't cool brah.
mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By mandude

Its not right but Im pointing out a weird ass double standard when it comes to certain words. Honestly calling someone "retarded" is more offensive than the term "plump bitch". And actually you might be able to call your colleague motherfucker but it depends on the job and how close you are. If they call themselves "motherfucker" and if you use a humorous tone when you say it, you can probably get away with it.

Where I'm from, Fucker is the official title for all colleagues, and Motherfucker is reserved for the boss.

BrainSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By BrainSonata
@Morrow I literally have no issues with women, I like to kiss them and touch their boobs and bums. My only problem is when they start acting like they're hard done by. I hate girls who refer to themselves as "Girl Gamers" instead of just being a fucking gamer. Gender doesn't mean shit, unless you mention it because you deliberately want people to know you're a girl. Normally because you crave the attention of virgin nerds.

You're one of those people. I don't care about this story, I think it's hilarious that it's classed as newsworthy, funnier too is that you got so annoyed by my lighthearted comment that you've had a (few) pages long argument with me about generally nothing worthwhile. I'm not making all women seem like objects or any of that dumb shit, I made a fucking joke. She isn't brave, she isn't selfless, she isn't even a plump bitch, she's just an average sized girl who took a photo that some retards got out of hand over (arguably, one of them being you)

Now stop it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morrow said:

@Morrow said:

@Morrow said:

Oh my.

/sarcasm

But nice try.

No Caption Provided

By the way, whether someone finds "retarded" more offensive than "plump bitch" is totally individual. If that's your opinion, fine, I accept that. It's not mine though.

And hell, I would never call anyone motherfucker, that's just asocial.

Ok, whats more offensive, going up to a mentally challenged person and calling him/her retarded or calling an overweight woman a plump bitch?  
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By falserelic

This thread just went off topic.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#142  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Huh? I mean, I'm glad she's comfortable showing her body but why does everyone care?

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#143  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@falserelic said:

This thread just went off topic.

This thread is populated by idiots. Male and female alike.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morrow

@BrainSonata said:

@Morrow

@BrainSonata said:

@Morrow

I don't wanna get involved in this...but I do wanna point out if you're gonna be the manners police maybe avoid doing stuff like insulting a persons relationship/gf like you did in a recent thread. Makes you seem a tad hypocritical. Just, ya know...throwing that out there.
Carry on!
Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Morrow

@Brodehouse said:

"Male culture"? Gender is genetic, culture is not. Vulgarity is not a male-only concept. The dislike of foul language also isn't female specific, because my girlfriend says cunt more than you'd believe. The assumption that all men or women share some instinctual, genetic opinion on the use of vulgarity is more sexist than any vulgar word could ever be. If you don't like any and all vulgarity, that's fine. A lot of people don't. But being fine with some and not others, that dog don't hunt.

Yes and no.

By the way, I was writing male culture between the "'s because I couldn't spontaneously think of a better expression. What I meant is the specific behaviour guys display when they are among themselves. From my own experience, I'd say they are generally more vulgar and obscene as when they're with women. Probably because they don't want to make themselves look bad.

Of course I know that women can also behave rather nasty, but again, from my own experience you can actually very well say that in general, women tend to be less vulgar than men. If you made other experiences, good for you... or not, well, if you don't like vulgarity it's not that good :D

And it's not that I despise all vulgarity, I use to curse at my TV when I loose several times in a game. I just don't like it when you use gender-specific insults to put someone down. In my opinion, that's just below the beltline.

About your "The assumption that all men or women share some instinctual, genetic opinion on the use of vulgarity is more sexist than any vulgar word could ever be" remark, while I already said it comes from my personal experience and does by far not include all men and women, I think it isn't sexist to accknowledge that there are differences between men and women. Equality is great, and it's great what it brought us, but it's not a reason to deny our gender. Men are from mars, women from venus (ok, that was lame.) :)

theANCIENTgray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By theANCIENTgray

Maybe it's just because the picture is really small and I can't see it clearly but she doesn't seem to be that big at all...

I think it's more disgusting that anorexia is lauded as the ideal feminine figure. I'll take a healthy girl that eats a steak any day over a woman I could snap in half like peanut brittle.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Morrow

@falserelic said:

I hate to jump in this But what about women? They can be just as disrespectful as guys.

Oh I believe they can be. But to be honest, so far I didn't come across a post of a female user who used gender-based insults towards men. Show me one and I'll preach her down :D

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#149  Edited By Enigma777

Where all da plump bitches at? I know a friend that knows a friend that wants to holla at ya, gurl.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Morrow

@Brodehouse said:

@Wrighteous86 Hay dood, dick is a gendered insult, that shit ain't cool brah.

Don't worry, it seems to be common and accepted among guys ;)