• 0 results
#1 Edited by SpawnMan (748 posts) -

Hi everyone, as you may remember from my recent posts (See HERE) my girlfriend recently broke up with me because a psychic who dresses like a pirate told her that I cheated on here (when I didn't) and was going to kill her (which I haven't... yet) and she for some unknown reason believed him. Then it all culminated with me punching said pirate/psychic in the face. Ah yes, the rolling series of disasters that is my love life. However, now I've come into some trouble. 

That friend I mentioned yesterday in my last thread (the girl who's never liked my girlfriend) invited me over and I went to see her today. We started talking and I stayed for a few hours. Towards the end, the conversation got kind of serious and she admitted to me that she was glad my girlfriend had broken up with me because she'd always really liked me - and that she would like to see more of me in a dating sense. I mean we've been friends for years, and I'd probably say she was my best friend, but I'd never really thought about her like that before. I mean I know she got weird after I met my girlfriend and never liked her, but I didn't really imagine it was because she had feelings for me. But now I know the truth. 

So now I'm really confused and stressed out. I still love my girlfriend, but she's pissed me off beyond belief with everything that's happened. I don't know where I stand with her. But I could take a chance with my friend and go on a date with her. But then I risk two things: my friendship with my friend and further alienating any chance of reconciling with my girlfriend. 

So what do you guys think? If you comment, maybe reading the previous thread ( HERE) will give you the background, because I hate to admit it, but I'm really struggling and could use any advice at all. Do I go with the love of my life which has obviously had a nervous breakdown of some sort? Or my best friend who I also care for in a new path I could venture down? 

EDIT:  After all your comments, well I spoke to my friend last night and we both decided that we wanted to see where a relationship between us would go. However, (she was all very sensible about it all), we both agreed that it'd be best to just sort everything out with my ex and wait a little bit, because she also knows it's not easy to just go from a long relationship into a new one. So we left it at that pretty much (well I did read to here some of the comments you guys had left about how she was awesome and my ex sucked, which she laughed about), and I'm really excited about moving on now. 

For the record (so everyone can stop asking lol!) I'm not at highschool, I'm in my mid-twenties. I can see how what I see as responsibility to my ex aftera long relationship could be perceived as gullibility or "first love" syndrome, which unfortunately I've also experienced in my past. But like I've said, I've seen the light and know there's nothing for me with my ex. I guess the more relationships you have the quicker you get over them... 

And yes, I'll keep everyone posted on how things go. Look out for Girlfriend issues and psychic pirates part 3 in the future, but I think I'm going to take a well deserved rest from girls. Thanks everyone - I'm by no means happy yet, but at least I'm getting there. 

Cheers, Spawn Man.

#2 Posted by mwng (921 posts) -
@SpawnMan said:
" Then it all culminated with me punching said pirate/psychic in the face. Ah yes, the rolling series of disasters that is my love life. However, now I've come into some trouble."
Clearly if he was a real pirate/psychic he would've seen this comming.
#3 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -
@mwng: Cliche, but true.
#4 Posted by Cramsy (1163 posts) -

Every time I hear that psychic story I can never fully comprehend how stupid people are.  ( I still think you should punch the 'psychic' in the face)

This new girl sounds nice, give it a go I say.

#5 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

Tell your friend that wants you that you need time to get over the psycho you love.

#6 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -
@SpawnMan:  And there was me thinking this would disappear into the obscure annals of history. 

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm assuming from the previous thread you're, like, in your late teens? At that age it's not the end of the world if you break up in a long term relationship (even though it does, and the emotional trauma manifesting into a retched feeling of barbwire around your stomach and lungs takes a while to disappear) and you're not the only one who's been through it.

Bear in mind that a relationship works both ways. You may love her, but she might not to the same degree. I've found it to be like a kind of set of scales that's unevenly tipped (in the sense that one of you is smarter/better looking/less annoying than the other; it's almost even a form of jealousy in some respects).

So my suggestion? Go away somewhere for, like, a weekend (well it's Monday now). Turn off your phone and your computer. Go visit your uncle/aunt/cousins or something. Play some more cricket. Come back with a slightly more clear head, yeah?
#7 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -
@zudthespud: I should agree, but in a sense I kinda want an excuse to not have to get back with my girlfriend because she's hurt me so much. It'd make it a lot easier. But then I wouldn't want to lose my friend either though.
#8 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1230 posts) -

That friend sounds awesome so wait a while. Don't fuck it up. 

Let psychobitch and her psychic be crazy together and leave them alone. Just take some time for yourself and tell your friend that you'd love to go on a date, just not right now, because you're afraid of what might happen.

#9 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Bone your friend. She clearly wants you.
#10 Posted by Sagalla (214 posts) -
@SpawnMan: 
I have one bit of advice for you - you said you would be risking your friendship with this other girl, well the truth is now that she has admitted her feelings then there is no going back.  So by all means try a new path, honestly if this other girl is telling you she was swayed by the words of this psychic pirate then she was probably just looking for an excuse to get out - girls do that sometimes rather than being blunt about it.
#11 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -
@LunarAura: I'll admit she is very attractive. But what if my girlfriend comes to her senses. I can't trust I wouldn't fall for her again. I mean you love someone for that long and it becomes hard to let go.
#12 Posted by DCFGS3 (1054 posts) -

Ok, girlfriend is a psycho bitch, let's just get this cleared up right now, you may love her, but she's fucking retarded. She dumped you because her psychic friend who dresses like a pirate tells her you're going to murder her and you've cheated on her. Bitch is insane.  If you continue to see her, she (and I cannot stress this enough) will pull something like this again. If she's willing to take the word of a psychic that dresses like a pirate over yours (her supposed boyfriend of a year who she loves), she is not worth it.

Now your friend seems like a sensible person, who can identify the crazies (this is important for your future, as you seem to lack this trait), I say don't go out with her per-se, but ask her if she wants to going out things, like going to the movies together and stuff, like you're going out, but still in a friend capacity. After a while of that you should be over psycho bitch, and ready to move on. You should also have a fair idea of whether or not you should actual begin a serious relationship with your friend.

But you should under no circumstances get back with psycho girlfriend.

#13 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -
@dudeglove: Older than that lol. The whole "still into Xbox 360" thing throws everyone off. 

@DCFGS3:
 Okay, riddle me this. What if she actually has gone a bit insane? This pirate guy has taken advantage of her and is using her. Isn't it my responsibility to take care of her if she is going through a mentally unstable period?
#14 Edited by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

So i'm just going to lay it out for you.  Your gf is a moron, you're a moron for staying with her, dump her stupid  psychic believing ass.  I can't believe I even have to spell this out for you.  The "  psychic" wanted to fuck your gf, and telling her you would kill her seems like a good way to get into her pants.  Seriously dump your gf, you don't want to chance having a kid with her and them turning out tha t stupid.  Go out with your friend who likes you.  

@SpawnMan said:

" @dudeglove: Older than that lol. The whole "still into Xbox 360" thing throws everyone off. 

@DCFGS3:
 Okay, riddle me this. What if she actually has gone a bit insane? This pirate guy has taken advantage of her and is using her. Isn't it my responsibility to take care of her if she is going through a mentally unstable period? "
To your question to DCFGS3, shut up.  Are you going to help her through her mentally unstable period for the next 50-60 years?  She sounds stupid, and you can't fix that. 
#15 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -
@SpawnMan said:
" @LunarAura: I'll admit she is very attractive. But what if my girlfriend comes to her senses. I can't trust I wouldn't fall for her again. I mean you love someone for that long and it becomes hard to let go. "

So you're gonna wait for the possibility of your ex-gf coming to her senses? The fact is now you have a bird in the hand. You might lose that, too. Take a chance and if you have to ask yourself why, maybe you should ask yourself this: 

Why not?
#16 Posted by DCFGS3 (1054 posts) -
@SpawnMan said:
" @dudeglove: Older than that lol. The whole "still into Xbox 360" thing throws everyone off. 

@DCFGS3:
 Okay, riddle me this. What if she actually has gone a bit insane? This pirate guy has taken advantage of her and is using her. Isn't it my responsibility to take care of her if she is going through a mentally unstable period? "
Short answer: No.

Longer answer: If she has gone insane, then you probably would have had other symptoms, that you would have noticed. Yes, the psychic friend is clearly trying to steal your girl, but the bitch is too dumb to be worth saving if she's actually fallen for his (very, very obvious) tricks. What's more he's probably been working that angle a while now, building up her distrust of you. 
Now if she actually is going through a mentally unstable period (and you would have probably noticed other things before she dumped you for a psychic pirate), A: There doesn't seem that much you can do, as she seems to have firmly pushed you out of her life (with bit of pirate prodding), and B: Even if you could help her, you can't do that in your capacity as her boyfriend, you can't be her boyfriend and save her from mental illness and psychic pirates.

Also, I apologise if I seem to be going to town language wise on your gf, I'm just a very blunt person.
#17 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -
@LunarAura: Does that blue creature have a tumor on its' head?! 

Yes I suppose you guys are right. I guess I'm being the stupid one now. I mean I'll admit, there'll always be a part of me which still loves her because I haven't really been given a proper break-up (and I gave her a year of my life...) but maybe I should move on. It just feels bad to cut off and run for another girl after all that we had, but maybe I'm not allowing myself to be happy because I'm still trying to be the nice guy. Always trying to put others first. Well maybe you're all right and I should put myself first for a change and go down this new path. 

It's just hard saying goodbye. But I guess I have to.
#18 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -
@DCFGS3: Nah, it's okay dude. I just wanted to thank everyone for at least caring enough to give advice. Maybe this community isn't like other sites - you've all really helped me, at the very least keeping my mind busy, but you've also helped me realize I should move on. Ya know what, I'm going to ring my friend up right now and tell her it's over between my girlfriend and me. Hopefully everything turns out okay. I'll keep you guys posted - you're all awesome.
#19 Edited by Liminality (444 posts) -

I think you should explain what you feel to your friend, she seems nice. Then just take some time before you decide anything, to talk with you ex-girlfriend (even if you plan to accept the end, to let things clear) and think.

#20 Posted by T0mF5 (928 posts) -

Maybe your friend payed the psychic to lie your girlfriend so she would break up with you.

#21 Posted by psyborg0815 (444 posts) -
@T0mF5 said:
" Maybe your friend payed the psychic to lie your girlfriend so she would break up with you. "
CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!
#22 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -
@psyborg0815 said:
" @T0mF5 said:
" Maybe your friend payed the psychic to lie your girlfriend so she would break up with you. "
CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!! "
And he agreed because his pirate heart longed for the GF? It's now all so clear!

Srsly though, give yourself time to get over your ex and let your friend know that is what you are doing. You don't want to let it be a rebound thing if anything comes of her telling you that she likes you. But ye, sorry but with what your ex is putting you through she doesn't sound worth the hassle.
#23 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -
@Erzs said:
" @psyborg0815 said:
" @T0mF5 said:
CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!! "
And he agreed because his pirate heart longed for the GF? It's now all so clear!  Srsly though, give yourself time to get over your ex and let your friend know that is what you are doing. You don't want to let it be a rebound thing if anything comes of her telling you that she likes you. But ye, sorry but with what your ex is putting you through she doesn't sound worth the hassle. "
I agree with this. 

Get over the ex, because if she's going to listen to a psychic pirate instead of you, her boyfriend, she's probably not worth the hassle. On the other hand, if this other girl has been your best friend for some time, you clearly get along pretty well, and it could well be worth being more than friends (the best relationships usually start off as friends). But give yourself time to get over the ex first, because if you're worried about messing the friendship, you'll want to give the dating thing the best possible, and that means getting over your ex before starting anything new.
#24 Posted by Tally_Pants (591 posts) -

WOW!! i just finished reading both of your posts... sounds almost too fantastical to even be true... this definately sucks! but just remember.. Bitches be Crazy
#25 Edited by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Honestly forget about your girlfriend, fuck that bitch. 

Honestly how old are you? Boo hoo your girlfriend for a year broke up. What are you in HIGH SCHOOL? Get over it. Those kinds of relationships never last forever.

#26 Posted by ManlyBeast (1134 posts) -

Cool blog bro.  Can't wait to read it.

#27 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

Hey bud. I'm with everyone else on this. It seems as though the pirate is into your girlfriend, causing him to do this. Your girlfriend, who I assume isn't retarded, fell for his scheme because she has feelings for him. If she liked him a bit, then she would accept any reason to leave you for him. I'm sorry to say it man but I think thats what happened.  

It sucks when a relationship ends, especially a long term one. I am going through the same thing right now (aftermath of a long term relationship) and it is the worst. But you have a friend with you who likes you. That means she wants you to be happy. She will be there for you. She will help you get over your ex. However, you need to be careful now. Because if you just complain to this friend of yours about your GF she will get frustrated eventually, and leave you to yourself. So my advice is to tell your friend that you're interested (if you are) but that you need time to get over your ex, since you don't want to mess up the friendship you have with her. In the meantime spend time with her as friends and see how it goes. 

It's time to move on from your girlfriend bud. If she is mentally ill, then she will have family or the pirate guy to take care of her. You have NO responsibility to her and no obligation. Also, you should make no contact with her. What she did cannot be undone and she already broke your trust and your heart. You can't get back with her. As much as it seems wonderful to go back to what you have, you never can. If you get back with her you won't be happy, and she will just hurt you again. So you just cannot talk to her anymore, if she tries to get back with you, you have to be strong and reject her please. 

Good luck bro :)

#28 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -

I wasn't going to read this because the first part of the title, then I was intrigued by the second half. 

Wow. Good luck on that one.

#29 Posted by Xeiphyer (5594 posts) -

You should become a Pirate Psychic.

#30 Posted by needforswede (492 posts) -

That's a pretty interesting story.  But seriously, if a girl broke up with me because of something a "psychic" said...well actually at first I'd be completely dumbfounded.  But then I think I'd accept it pretty quick because I wouldn't want to date anyone who believed in anything remotely new age, let alone someone who would make major decisions like that based on some nonsense from some guy who's obviously just trying to manipulate and fuck her.  He sounds like one of those guys from the "seduction community."  Those guys that just dress real flamboyant to get attention and actually fool girls into believing they know hypnosis and try to impress them with lame magic tricks and shit.  Yea, those guys fucking exist, just read "The Game" by Neil Strauss.  If she's manipulated that easily, then you should just forget about her...I know, easier said than done.  But like you said, you can't reason with those sorts of people, they have their own fucking weird internal logic for justifying their questionable actions.  I don't know how old you are, but was this your first "real" relationship?  My little brother recently broke up with his "first love" (as he worded it), and it made him fucking crazy and manic depressive for about two months.  My parents even had to call the cops on him once because he was getting violent, but luckily nothing really happened and he just got a warning as well.  

And now he's surprisingly back to normal, at first his ex was avoiding his calls at all costs and he was texting everyone he knew trying to get a hold of her.  But now it's like the roles are reversed and she's been calling him like four times a day while he just ignores it.  I'm just telling you this in case you considered this girl your "first love" or whatever, because often people will assume their first love is the only love in the world, and therefore will just sell themselves short and not let themselves open to any other possibilities.  It's happened to me, I wasted too much time worrying about one girl.  I feel bad for my friends at the time because they would try anything to get my mind off of it but I was just a sad hopeless bastard until I finally came to my senses.  Try things out with the other girl.  Unless of course you're totally not interested in her, but I'm assuming you must be at least somewhat.  I clicked on this post not expecting to attempt to give you any advice, but I just read it and thought "that's fucking bullshit."  Because you seem like a nice guy who shouldn't have to deal with this nonsense.  But dumb shit like that happens all the time unfortunately.  Don't go for the other girl if you're just doing it to try and forget about/get back at your ex.  But as far as your ex goes, you're done with that part of your life, just learn from it and move on.  

And props for punching a douchebag psychic pirate.  I'm not a violent guy, but I hope to do that someday.

#31 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

I still can't get over the fact that there's a psychic pirate involved. But after a quick google search, it seems they are quite prolific

#32 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -
@T0mF5:  Even if this is true, I'd still go with the friend because she's clearly and evil genius
#33 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

Forget your gf, get with your friend .

#34 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

I agree with the fact your girlfriend sounds like trouble - give her a wider berth from now on and just remember that (as far as we know) you did nothing wrong, she just wasn't all with it and was easily swayed by a psychic pirate (seriously - i never thought i'd type those words). 

It'll suck coming out of that relationship especially if you still have feelings, but as the darkness so famously said :- 

On another note, your friend? sounds awesome. As someone who fiended after a close female friend who was damn close to me for many years - and probably ranked amongst my closest friends 
 ( we were getting to that weird overly comfortable friend stage where we could totally hang out naked and do crazy shit, but it was just 'fun' as opposed to 'hot')  

It takes a hell of a lot to come on out and say that you have feelings for someone in that respect, and the fact she had the balls (hopefully not literally) to say that is a pretty good indication that she digs you pretty hard - there's just a few thing's i'd throw your way, you've probably already thought of most of these but i figure i'd rather teach to suck eggs, than feel bad for not making sure 

1. This friend of yours sounds awesome, but be sure that she isn't some crazy girl who hates your girlfriend and sees getting with you as an amazing way to '1-up' her  -i guess most people might say this is too fantastical but seeing as how this all started? It's better to be safe.
  2. Take some time away as others have suggested  - Even if it's just a weekend with no contact with these girls. Do you have a friend who lives away at college or university you dont see often? go hang outside of your local social circle, get your head cleared up and thinking on a broader scale  -decisions made too internally aren't always the best.
  3. Similar to point one make sure that if this girl HAS bared all, that you are taking her on for the right reasons, assuming she's legit it's only fair that you take her along on your relationship if you are sure you want her, not some rebound thing - and even if you are still unsure but wanna 'trial' it anyway, make sure she knows those are the terms of it (though bitches be crazy and that still may not be enough)
  4. And finally dude, just be wary of how you and your potentially new girlfriend 'break it' if you are literally just coming out of your old relationship, and mad pirate psychic guy told your ex you were cheating - then conveniently you walk out of your relationship with a girl you both know on your arm - your ex may totally perceive that as you had been cheating and now it's out of the way you have a new squeeze. Even if this is not the case, remember it's how people perceive situations rather than how they actually are, that is oft focused on. 

Anyway sorry for the wall of text, sure most of it was unnecessary - but i been round the block a few times and thought i'd spitball what i had out there, best of luck to you buddy and hopefully things will be a lot  more boring and more comfortable for you in the future :D 

And i'm totally jealous you can say you punched a pirate psychic
#35 Posted by JamesKelly (4 posts) -

@SpawnMan said: 

@DCFGS3:

Nope, I did that before, waste of time, effort, money, mental energy and whatever else you can think of. Simply put if she's willing to think that a psychic is able to tell her the truth of a situation over your own word she either doesn't trust you or was looking for an excuse out, so either you stay roped up to a girl that doesn't want anything to do with you anymore or you get to babysit a mentally unstable chick. Either way a bad deal in your case. 

As others have said in regards to your friend the best case is to talk to her, let her know that you still have feelings for your ex and you need time to get over her, some people get over relationships with a snap of their fingers others take awhile, all you can really do is be honest with it comes to stating your feelings towards your ex and towards her. The problem is that she opened this door up and it's not going to close so it is something that you'll have to deal with one way or another, you'll never be able to go back to being best friends again. Sad, but true.
#36 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -

Not to be belittling you but she unfairly doesn't trust you. After all this time, she should. ask yourself whether you should give someone a chance even though she doesn't seem to want to give you one? 
This other friend of yours seems really nice and if you guys were good friends for this long she definitely sounds worth it. 
Having said that, wait it out. You NEED to be single again and get over your previous girlfriend. You're effectively rebounding in some sense at it's not fair to your friend. Tell her that and tell her that when you're ready you'll assess whether your unbiased self wants to give it a shot.

#37 Edited by BenX02 (305 posts) -

The saga continues. :D 

I say you need to move on, this girl is bat-shit insane. You don't want to be with someone who would dump you over something so stupid.  

However, since you are still in love with her, you might not be ready to move on to a new girl, only you know if you are ready. You might want to just take a few weeks and just relax, do your own thing for a while, and think it through. Decide what you want to do from there. 

Hope this helps.

#38 Posted by JerkFace (119 posts) -

How old are you?  This is supremely important.

#39 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Your girl is gone, a girl wouldn't have gone to that lengths to break up if she didn't mean it.  

The only issue you should worry about is whether this'll mess up your firendship. I mean, yes it absolutely will in some respect, it's just whether the results will be good or not. Either way, dude, that's a fast rebound, that's like such a great way to get back at your ex. It's like telling her "See, look! You're not that important, I can replace you anytime". 

#40 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -

i'd say you lost your EX-girlfriend for a reason. Maybe its cause of the pirate maybe not. I think you should go for your friend. You start it off slowly and you will forget about your EX. Then you can focus on your friend. She seems to have a straight mind.
1 thing not to do is take back your EX. 
1 thing to do is give your friend a honest true chance. Sometimes best friends can have way better relationships. 

also after things start rolling please post part 3.

#41 Posted by super_machine (1930 posts) -

You only live once. Take a chance and go for it.

#42 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -

Just to put a smile on your face ;) 

#43 Posted by Marcsman (3113 posts) -

Plain and simple.................  
Son I got 99 problems 
And bitches ain't one of them

#44 Posted by Valco (328 posts) -

Maybe phys-rate (my own term for a physcic pirate) is in fact steeering you towards a long and loving relationship with your friend?
#45 Posted by Dantekiller (206 posts) -

i like this story ill tell it the the first grade class im going to right now

#46 Posted by Galiant (2178 posts) -

If she's stupid enough to break up with you over a psychic, she's NOT worth going back to. Just imagine what she'd do next? I'm sorry to be so blunt about it, but I think it's what you need to hear. She couldn't possibly be worth all that trouble.

About your friend, I think great relationships can bud from friendship. But there's the risk that you won't be able to go back to being friends, if things do not work out between you as a couple. You should probably think long and hard about whether you can see yourself with her as more than a friend. Now that it's out in the open that she likes you, keep spending time with her as a friend, and maybe you'll both grow into it naturally.

Best of luck, and keep fighting off those nasty psychic pirates. The world is better off without them!

#47 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Wow the psychic is going to be right. Not by the timing of course, that's totally wrong, however that your going to cheat on her (well it's not cheating if she's not your girlfriend) then punch her. This would happen at a later time, when you actually date this friend, then your ex girlfriend will start to yell at you, she will get a black eye.

I'm joking of course, just be aware of what the b.s psychic said, don't make it come true.  

Wait, you said you punched that pirate and it was a guy, in the other thread. I'm sure that other pirate is a pirate, you know the saying, take everything, give nothing back. He's probally going to try to steal her all for himself. I mean he's at her house as you said in another thread? That's odd, i'm sure there is something going on, or there is going to be.

#48 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@T0mF5 said:
*GASP* A TWIST!!
#49 Edited by AURON570 (1672 posts) -

Okay firstly, I think you should try explaining everything that you just wrote in this post to either/both your friend and ex-girlfriend.. It's better than just staying silent and letting people thinking they know how your feeling when they might be completely wrong.

Depends what you really want/feel, only you can know that. Talk it out with yourself, with this friend of yours, or with your ex-girlfriend. Then once you decide something, go with it and be brave!

#50 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I'd see where dating your friend takes you. I don't think it could ruin your friendship unless it wasn't that strong to begin with, which it sounds like it is.

By the way, I got a little giddy when I saw this new topic. I guess your pain is my pleasure.