• 137 results
#1 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Can you believe this? Does his rudeness,ignorance know no bounds? Is he normal? 
No,no and no...
Ladies and gentlemen, i dont know if you have seen this, but i present to you the biggest asshole in the world, Glenn Beck...
#2 Edited by KennyPowers (247 posts) -

He gets paid to talk and act like that.  He makes money by irritating people and causing controversy.  If you dont like him, just ignore him, otherwise he is succeeding.  

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I respect anyone who makes money off other peoples hatred towards what he says.  
Just like I respect Uwe Boll for making shitty movies and still making money because people either watch his dumb movies just to make sure they suck or because of the lovely tax things going on in Germany

#4 Posted by Psych0Penguin (412 posts) -

He is a gaping asshole, but 'the caller' does walk into his trap and get wound up.

#5 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

I've never heard this guy.  Sounds like a dick even though he's apparently just trolling. 

I say fuck him I'm going to beat HIM with a baseball bat then we'll see who the loser is.

#6 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Remember when he compared himself to MLK and held his speech on the same location and date as MLK?

Yeah.......he's a fucking idiot

#7 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@ZeForgotten: Uwe Boll is completely different,at least he dosent hate on the general population (or gamers to be precise), he makes shitty movies,people pay to watch them. They knew what they were getting into, so its a sin to let the sucker keep his money, same goes for Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer...But Glenn Beck is just an ignorant fucking dick.
Also,did you just say you respect Glenn Beck, or are you also trolling?
#8 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

That guy actually has fans? What the fuck is wrong with the people who empower this guy?

#9 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

2008 video is old.

#10 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10827 posts) -

You know, as much as I hate Glen Beck, I really think that people like him and Rush Limbaugh should just be ignored. Don't talk about them, don't look at them. Just turn around, and slowly walk away. 

#11 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming: If he's making money of other peoples stupidity (= they listen to him on the radio or whatever) then yes, I do respect the man for doing that. 
Read carefully: I didn't say I agree with him, :)
#12 Posted by regularassmilk (1385 posts) -

I guess I don't understand why people who are fans are film fans, but when you like video games your a loser.
Either way, that guy is a jackass and Glenn Beck is worse.
We are only fueling a fire though by posting his shit.

#13 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Old troll is old.

#14 Edited by Yummylee (21470 posts) -

Is it just gamers in particular or is he generally a twat with most subjects? What is his radio station even about, anywhoo? It sounds like he just really likes to antagonise and bully people for his own amusement, and his radio show is only there as a cover to do so.

#15 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@KennyPowers said:
" He gets paid to talk and act like that.  He makes money by irritating people and causing controversy.  If you dont like him, just ignore him, otherwise he is succeeding.   "
#16 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -

He's a professional shit stirrer, I highly doubt he believes half of the words he spews from his mouth. There's a lack of sincerity to him that's beyond off putting, but apparently there are plenty of morons who will eat up every word he says.

#17 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

The caller was clearly a Nazi, and Glenn Beck was just looking out for us.

#18 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Trollers gonna troll.

#19 Posted by LackingSaint (1782 posts) -
ugh
#20 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2103 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @KennyPowers said:
" He gets paid to talk and act like that.  He makes money by irritating people and causing controversy.  If you dont like him, just ignore him, otherwise he is succeeding.   "
"
The sad thing is that all of the old-farts (the 60+ year old crowd who have nothing to do but plant their ass in front of the TV for hours on end and pretend that they are being educated) believe this stuff and watch him religiously.  
#21 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Yeah well, before ( if ) this thread gets locked all i want to say is.
Hopefully,in the next 10-20 years people will stop bashing games/gamers and laugh at idiots like Glenn.

#22 Posted by ESREVER (2681 posts) -

Why the hell did you post this? 

I grew up and live in a conservative household, so I would have to listen to him and Rush on the way to and from school. Both say some ridiculous stuff, as well as things that makes sense. 
Liberal speakers do the same thing, get over it. There are worse people out there to legitimately hate.  

#23 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

My god, there is so much wrong with his video that I don't know what to address first.

#24 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@ESREVER said:
" Why the hell did you post this? 

I grew up and live in a conservative household, so I would have to listen to him and Rush on the way to and from school. Both say some ridiculous stuff, as well as things that makes sense. 
Liberal speakers do the same thing, get over it. There are worse people out there to legitimately hate.   "
I can't think of a liberal that's a bigger asshole than the two people you named.
#25 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -
@ESREVER said:

Liberal speakers do the same thing, get over it. There are worse people out there to legitimately hate.   "
Having grown up around both kinds of people, I've found the people who think Glenn Beck and Rush are smart, rational people are fuckin' dumb.
#26 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @ESREVER said:

I can't think of a liberal that's a bigger asshole than the two people you named. "
I can't think of two dozen liberal pundits who are worse than just one of those guys.
#27 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -
@KennyPowers said:
Thats pretty much it, the guy started as a comedian, he is just that, he knows how to get a rise and how to get the crazy right behind him. 

What makes me mad is how he passes of crazy theories and BS as fact...and people are to lazy to read a book and see just how right/wrong he is...he's commentary, NOT news
#28 Edited by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Man, that guy is funny. A retarded asshole, but a funny one. I mean that guy fell for it pretty easily. Jeez. That's what happens when you let things get personal.

#29 Edited by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@Artemesia said:

" The caller was clearly a Nazi, and Glenn Beck was just looking out for us. "

Or a fascist islamic terrorist 11!!!1!!1 

I've always learned the hard way that people who follow individuals like glenn beck aren't even worth talking to, let alone arguing with.
#30 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@KennyPowers said:
Doesn't the fact that he does this for money make him even more of an asshole?
#31 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @ESREVER said:

I can't think of a liberal that's a bigger asshole than the two people you named. "
I can't think of two dozen liberal pundits who are worse than just one of those guys. "
Bill Mahr...and I like him, but he's like Beck, extreme and a comedian...they both say a lot of shit, but there are nuggets of wisdom here and there... 

and after watching this, the guy on the phone did sound like a bit of a tool, and Beck just egged him on, because he's a jerk
#32 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

Funny.  Many people see the Glenn Beck video as trolling.  I didn't get to watch it so I can't comment.  But seems to me like the thread itself is a troll thread.  Troll any conservatives here so that when they respond they get gang-raped. 

Oh wait, that was violent rhetoric and we're not supposed to use that anymore huh.

#33 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@melcene: Didnt start it to troll dude...in retrospect maybe i shouldnt have...but its here, so deal with it :)
#34 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming: I don't mean you specifically.  The thread, in general.
#35 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -
@melcene said:
" Funny.  Many people see the Glenn Beck video as trolling.  I didn't get to watch it so I can't comment.  But seems to me like the thread itself is a troll thread.  Troll any conservatives here so that when they respond they get gang-raped.  Oh wait, that was violent rhetoric and we're not supposed to use that anymore huh. "
If you watch it, he was being a jerk, and he even states I don't think video games are root cause for societal ills...but it may add to it with games like GTA 4, which alright, is that really that offside...but the guy on the phone just kept walking into it "I don't care about GTA4, I play RPGs man" what does that have to do with anything? 

He is a jerk, and I don't like him, but nothing here is rhetoric, he was just having fun egging on some guy for entertainment value. It's no different from the stuff Colbert does really, it's tongue in cheek assholery haha
#36 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Deeveeus said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @ESREVER said:

I can't think of two dozen liberal pundits who are worse than just one of those guys. "
Bill Mahr...and I like him, but he's like Beck, extreme and a comedian...they both say a lot of shit, but there are nuggets of wisdom here and there...  and after watching this, the guy on the phone did sound like a bit of a tool, and Beck just egged him on, because he's a jerk "
He popped into my mind after some thought. I can see why some people would disagree with him, or see him as "the liberal Glen Beck", but I effin love Bill Mahr. He's my homie. I agree with most of his beliefs and I think he's ultimately a pretty nice guy, unlike "other" outspoken individuals.
#37 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

LOL. Man this thread is as full of as much bullshit and incorrect facts as the video itself.

#38 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@Deeveeus: You completely missed the meaning of the rhetoric comment.  I used the term gang-raped.  That would probably considered violent rhetoric.  Which according to most news outlets and politicians now (both sides of the aisle), is bad for our country!
#39 Posted by Nomin (965 posts) -

Biggest blowhards and professional trolls. They really are begging every minute of their lives to incite and provoke, they didn't meet any ludicrous and incongrous associative logic they didn't like. They live off the flabbergasted reactions of those who cannot stand them and if not stoop very low as to create own by the minute controversy. Once I recall Beck riffing on the blaxploitation mac daddy caricature as he in vain tried to farcically depict Obama and his daughter's relationship, which cemented my regard, or lack thereof, for his intentions and mindset. Bill Hicks had an amusing take on the punditry of Rush as one of his vociferous routines, and I agree with him, despite being fairly conservative in values.
#40 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@melcene: Thats ok...i forgive you...(you just got 50 Jesus points) :D
#41 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Deeveeus said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @ESREVER said:

Bill Mahr...and I like him, but he's like Beck, extreme and a comedian...they both say a lot of shit, but there are nuggets of wisdom here and there...  and after watching this, the guy on the phone did sound like a bit of a tool, and Beck just egged him on, because he's a jerk "
He popped into my mind after some thought. I can see why some people would disagree with him, or see him as "the liberal Glen Beck", but I effin love Bill Mahr. He's my homie. I agree with most of his beliefs and I think he's ultimately a pretty nice guy, unlike "other" outspoken individuals. "
Oh I agree with you, he makes me laugh my ass off...but I've seen him be pretty damn vile to some very intelligent Tea Party members...but I didn't see it as badly as I think they're all nuts as well...he is a douche. Jon Stewart on the other hand, is a good guy who is always ready with facts, and is like me when he says he's sick of "bi partisan hackery" (loved his take on Crossfire lol)
#42 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Deeveeus said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Deeveeus said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @ESREVER said:

He popped into my mind after some thought. I can see why some people would disagree with him, or see him as "the liberal Glen Beck", but I effin love Bill Mahr. He's my homie. I agree with most of his beliefs and I think he's ultimately a pretty nice guy, unlike "other" outspoken individuals. "
Oh I agree with you, he makes me laugh my ass off...but I've seen him be pretty damn vile to some very intelligent Tea Party members...but I didn't see it as badly as I think they're all nuts as well...he is a douche. Jon Stewart on the other hand, is a good guy who is always ready with facts, and is like me when he says he's sick of "bi partisan hackery" (loved his take on Crossfire lol) "
I was super close to mentioning Jon Stewart. I love Jon Stewart.
#43 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -
@melcene said:
" Funny.  Many people see the Glenn Beck video as trolling.  I didn't get to watch it so I can't comment.  But seems to me like the thread itself is a troll thread.  Troll any conservatives here so that when they respond they get gang-raped.  Oh wait, that was violent rhetoric and we're not supposed to use that anymore huh. "
I only used that word because that's just usually one that applies to the likes of him, Mahr or O'Reilly (and I just read it, so it was in my head)....I was just explaining what was in the video and I am more on your side, it is just a jump on "righty" campaign
#44 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3780 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:   I was following Bill Maher for a while too, but I don't think you can say he's a nice guy.  Intelligent and opinionated?  Yes.

I'm a liberal and an atheist-leaning agnostic, and I watched Religulous and he is genuinely a complete asshole to almost everyone in that movie that disagrees with him.  It's one thing to poke holes in someone's religion, it's another to call them idiots and bad people for believing or wanting to believe in something more.
#45 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

Dickheads like Beck, Limbaugh, and O'Reilly simply pander to the ignorant and the inbred. Don't give them the satisfaction of getting you angry. Life's too short to waste it listening to pieces of shit like them.

#46 Posted by l4wd0g (1926 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

" You know, as much as I hate Glen Beck, I really think that people like him and Rush Limbaugh should just be ignored. Don't talk about them, don't look at them. Just turn around, and slowly walk away.  "

So if you don't like what someone says or has a different opinion you blow them off? Diversity Achieved! 

In psychology they call this Groupthink. 

Groupthink is a type of thought within a deeply cohesive in-group whose members try to minimize conflict and reach consensus without critically testing, analyzing, and evaluating ideas. It is a second potential negative consequence of group cohesion. 
#47 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Wrighteous86 said:
" @JJWeatherman:   I was following Bill Maher for a while too, but I don't think you can say he's a nice guy.  Intelligent and opinionated?  Yes.  I'm a liberal and an atheist-leaning agnostic, and I watched Religulous and he is genuinely a complete asshole to almost everyone in that movie that disagrees with him.  It's one thing to poke holes in someone's religion, it's another to call them idiots and bad people for believing or wanting to believe in something more. "
Well, I'll have to watch the movie again sometime. I seem to remember him being a bit pushy and maybe rude at times, but only when the people he was talking to just weren't getting what he was saying through their heads. I really just remember agreeing with him every step of the way though. Maybe that's why I didn't think he was being rude.
#48 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@TheDudeOfGaming said:
" @ZeForgotten: Uwe Boll is completely different,at least he dosent hate on the general population (or gamers to be precise), he makes shitty movies,people pay to watch them. They knew what they were getting into, so its a sin to let the sucker keep his money, same goes for Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer...But Glenn Beck is just an ignorant fucking dick. Also,did you just say you respect Glenn Beck, or are you also trolling? "
How can you not call what Uwe Boll does hatred?
#49 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10827 posts) -
@l4wd0g: No, I think it's great to debate against other people. It's what democracy is built on top of. 

The problem with people like Glen Beck is that they're either A. Complete liars who are only in it for the money, B. Completely insane, or C. All of the above.  

There's no point in debating against someone when you know that you will never be able to change their opinion. There are better ways to waste your time. Also, I think at this point anyone who knows of Glen Beck either knows how crazy he is, or is a Fox News viewer, and discussing him (or people like him) is not worth the time needed to do so. 
#50 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@l4wd0g said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:

" You know, as much as I hate Glen Beck, I really think that people like him and Rush Limbaugh should just be ignored. Don't talk about them, don't look at them. Just turn around, and slowly walk away.  "

So if you don't like what someone says or has a different opinion you blow them off? Diversity Achieved!   In psychology they call this Groupthink.    Groupthink is a type of thought within a deeply cohesive in-group whose members try to minimize conflict and reach consensus without critically testing, analyzing, and evaluating ideas. It is a second potential negative consequence of group cohesion.  "
Diversity can be a good thing when your separating the assholes from the non-assholes. 

What about in school when you were told to ignore bullies and walk away? Should you try arguing with them instead? Glen Beck's just another bully from what I can tell.