Glenn Beck, the biggest a**hole in the world?

• 136 results
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By VisariLoyalist

Yep also old people are dicks about technology cause they don't understand shit about it

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

The guy on the phone is kind of a tool...like it's Glenn Becks job to be stupid

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Tsoglani
@KennyPowers said:
" @SeriouslyNow: Point being, theres a bunch of people on a website about video games talking about him.  His goal is just to make people talk and he has succeeded.  The fact you know who he is means he has done his job.  It has nothing to do with views or politics or agendas, but everything to do with viewership and the corresponding revenue generated through advertisers.  If people stopped watching, he would go away. I am not talking about his politics at all, just how he has grabbed attention and made money for himself and Fox.  That is all they care about and have done extremely well for themselves. "
This is true: I may dislike Beck, but it is his job to be a delusional and ignorant right winger that starts debates and discussion. He has succeeded in that, but in all other aspects, my opinion won't change about him.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By vidiot
@Skytylz:  Comparisons between Bill Maher, and Glenn Beck are pretty difficult to make. Bill Maher comes from a background of comedy, while he has a biased liberal view-point: He never seems to proclaim himself as being anything more than a comic. The only real time where I felt he has ever made a very direct proclamation, that included language that could perhaps be interpreted as incendiary (asking people to directly do something, with failing to do something resulting in terrible things) was at the end of his movie Religulous. 

Beck on the other-hand is constantly directing his viewers to freak-out, as if the country could literally implode tomorrow. He has claimed that he is "a rodeo clown" and even compared himself to Jon Stewart recently, although his actual show and message conveys the exact opposite. 
Freaking-out and acting weird in-front of a camera, doesn't make you a comic. It makes you look like your off your medication. His recent antics have been more in-comparison to a form of evangelism, something I'm sure you would agree a comparison to Bill Maher wouldn't exactly gel together. 
Phog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Phog_of_War

1)  Age 19, Beck skips college classes to be a radio jockey.   

2) Age 23, Glenn takes over Phoenix's Y95 Morning Zoo show, featuring the shows mascot, Zippy the Chimp.  Calls up a rivals DJ's wife and makes fun of her, on the air, about her having to have an operation for cancer which made it so she couldnt have childeren anymore. 

3) Age 23, Beck is arrested in a radio prank involving the theft of Christmas decorations from the City of Scottsdale 

4) Age 24, Hires Jessica Hann, former mistress of Televangelist Jim Baker as his shows 'Prize and Weather Bunny' 

5) Age 26, Terrifies a bank teller by placing a gerbil in a deposit tube in an on-air prank 

6) Age 28, Is arrested for speeding in his DeLorean with one of the gull wing doors wide open 

7) Age 30, chops off his ponytail 

8) Age 32, Enrolls at Yale University, takes one class, drops out 

9) Age 34, Makes first attempt at talk radio, mispronounces Osama bin Laden 

10) Age 41, Ponders personally killing Michael Moore live on-air.  Later said that he'd like to crush a Democratic Congressmans skull with a shovel 

Is Glenn Beck an asshole??  Yes, of course he is.  This is not the first time that Glenn Beck has been mentioned in the Giant Bomb fourms.  I shamelessly direct you to my rant involving Mr. Beck here:
http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/is-it-wrong-to-have-a-seething-hatred-for-glenn-beck/441766/  

Jon Stewart has asked Glenn Beck to appear on the Daily Show with him.  I for one hope that Glenn decides to face the music and appear on Jon's show.   

Glenn recently said on his radio show :  "NBC should be ashamed of themselves."  and  "NBC has gotten into bed with the Devil."  refering to the repeal of 'Dont ask, Dont tell'  and the Health Care Bill, and then hes got the HUGE brass balls to show up on the NBC morning show.  The host of the morning show then tried to expose Glenn's violent and unstable nature but ended up giving him a bunch of softballs.  Journalism!!!

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106  Edited By Gizmo

Man, fuck this guy.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By toowalrus

I sometimes like listening to Glen, my grandparents think he's Jesus and I like knowing what they're being taught, because they eat up every word. I can never listen for more than 20 minutes though, he brings out my inner rage, and I have to shut it off before I freak out and yell at my TV set.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#108  Edited By Enigma777

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Beck being his usual troll self doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that some fucking idiots out there take him seriously!!!
randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#110  Edited By randiolo

"technology developed by the pentagon" ... wtf..

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@KennyPowers said:
" @SeriouslyNow: Point being, theres a bunch of people on a website about video games talking about him.  His goal is just to make people talk and he has succeeded.  The fact you know who he is means he has done his job.  It has nothing to do with views or politics or agendas, but everything to do with viewership and the corresponding revenue generated through advertisers.  If people stopped watching, he would go away. I am not talking about his politics at all, just how he has grabbed attention and made money for himself and Fox.  That is all they care about and have done extremely well for themselves. "
Yeah but it's such an easy target, especially in 2008, at the height of the violence-in-video-games panic.   He didn't grab attention, he just rode on the coat-tails of an issue which was already center stage. And Melcene's right, Joy Behar is almost as bad as he is too.  There are lazy crazies on both sides of the stage.
artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By artelinarose

Is Glenn Beck an asshole?  Oh yeah.   Know how's a bigger asshole?

Rush Limbaugh.

Fuck this guy. Actually, fuck both of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Alright, enough's enough, internet. Glenn Beck came from a broken family, and has ADHD don't you know! So stop picking on him, and simply tell your parents or grandparents how you feel about him. Tell them that you think he is unqualified to be teaching them politics and back that up with his broken history. Don't want Grandma spouting Glenn Beck's nonsense? Tell her that he was a suicidal pothead who listened to Kurt Cobain. 'Cause you know, wikipedia said so. 

Being more conservative, myself, I found this video to be extremely annoying. Glenn Beck is very clearly not a societal doctor if he can't distinguish between cause and symptom. That being said, who here wants to be declared a part of the Nintendo generation?

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By captain_clayman

if we watch, he wins.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By RE_Player1
@MooseyMcMan said:
" You know, as much as I hate Glen Beck, I really think that people like him and Rush Limbaugh should just be ignored. Don't talk about them, don't look at them. Just turn around, and slowly walk away.  "
This x1000. He is paid to bring in viewers and listeners, be it people who actually like him or people who really hate him. Best thing you can do is stop talking and acknowledging his existence. 
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By ryanwho

There are bigger assholes, they just have far less relevance in the world and far less people who care what they have to say.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By RE_Player1
@WickedCobra03 said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @KennyPowers said:
" He gets paid to talk and act like that.  He makes money by irritating people and causing controversy.  If you dont like him, just ignore him, otherwise he is succeeding.   "
"
The sad thing is that all of the old-farts (the 60+ year old crowd who have nothing to do but plant their ass in front of the TV for hours on end and pretend that they are being educated) believe this stuff and watch him religiously.   "
I don't want to sound rude or anything but when all those 60+ year old people die we will have less Glen Becks of the world, but maybe we'll have something worse...
Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Clinkz
@WickedCobra03 said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @KennyPowers said:
" He gets paid to talk and act like that.  He makes money by irritating people and causing controversy.  If you dont like him, just ignore him, otherwise he is succeeding.   "
"
The sad thing is that all of the old-farts (the 60+ year old crowd who have nothing to do but plant their ass in front of the TV for hours on end and pretend that they are being educated) believe this stuff and watch him religiously.   "
Who are you to judge them? Those "old-farts" probably think the same of you.

Just ignore him if you don't like him. I personally enjoy watching O'Reilly and occasionally Glenn Beck because its funny to see them shout at people, not necessarily that I believe in everything they say.
Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Stepside
@MooseyMcMan said:
" You know, as much as I hate Glen Beck, I really think that people like him and Rush Limbaugh should just be ignored. Don't talk about them, don't look at them. Just turn around, and slowly walk away.  "
Problem is...these people (and there are MILLIONS) vote.  So that makes me care.
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Mighty

Saw him on the Today show. 

Did you know that he used to do drugs?
cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By cnlmullen

Between Lieberman and Hillary and conservatives in general it seems like hating video games is one of those rare stances that cross party lines. 

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#122  Edited By Liquidus

I wonder if that idiot caller realizes he's just helping that douche? Seriously, I'm on the caller's side but he's not doing any good. As for the biggest asshole in the world? I 'd say Bill O'Reilly but I don't like making fun of mentally handicapped people.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Artemesia said:
" Is Glenn Beck an asshole?  Oh yeah.   Know how's a bigger asshole?

Rush Limbaugh.  Fuck this guy. Actually, fuck both of them. "
"Excellence in broadcasting" my ass!
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By kingzetta

I'd say Keith Oberman is a bigger one.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

There's no way in hell Glenn Beck believes any of the things he says. He gets paid to say those things, to shock people and get ratings. If anybody takes anything he says seriously, they're officially dumber than Glenn Beck. That's basically what I take from most 24 hour news shows. The only person that has an ounce of journalistic integrity on those channels is Anderson Cooper on CNN. He seems pretty genuine.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Example1013
@JJWeatherman said: 

@melcene said: 

@JJWeatherman: Ok, I totally respect you, but I simply don't get how it's okay to bash on people for being religious, but not ok to bash on gamers.  Passionate or not, why should that matter?  It shouldn't be okay to bash on either group.  It's still a cheap shot because he's calling out a wide group that have no way to respond other than to not watch (which most probably already don't).  Now honestly, I don't like/watch Maher, so I couldn't tell you if he has ever taken a cheap shot at at a caller, and I'm not even sure if he's got his own radio show (as the Glenn clip looks like a radio clip, not tv clip), so I can't draw complete parallels between the two, and I'll fully admit that.    I guess the point was simply that, on the right, there are people that are viewed much like the left views people like Beck and Limbaugh.   Like I mentioned, enter Joy Behar.  I probably think she's as nutso as people here think that Beck is.  But that's just me. "

Maybe it's that I don't see it as bashing religious people if Bill Maher were to call them something like delusional. Being of the same opinion as him on the subject of religion, it's obviously hard to not be a bit bias. That said, if Bill called religious people delusional, I'd have to agree. Here is a definition of the word with more important parts in bold: 

A delusion is a fixed belief that is either false, fanciful, or derived from deception. In psychiatry, it is defined to be a belief that is pathological (the result of an illness or illness process) and is held despite evidence to the contrary.     

People these days are still living their lives by the word of a book full of fantastical and fictional stories in which people talk to bushes and if you're bad you burn for all of eternity. That covers the first phrase. As for the second bolded phrase, dinosaurs. That is all. 

How are they not delusional? They are, by definition, delusional. At least from the point of view of an atheist.I've never followed anything related to Joy Behar, so I have next to no knowledge of her. I will not deny that there are probably crazy ass liberals out in this world, but I simply don't think Bill Maher is anywhere close to the level of a Beck or a Rush.  Just for the record, I'm not personally trying to hate on religious people here. Just trying to defend Bill Maher. "
You're not seeing both sides of the issue. A deeply religious person would think the same exact thing about an atheist. Except that religious person would probably be respectful enough not to call an atheist that. Most, if not all, religions teach some sort of respect and/or tolerance, and all considerate individuals know better than to open their mouths and say shit like that. There's defense for an asshole. He certainly is within his rights to say that, but that doesn't mean he should. 

But this is for another thread. If you'd like to open one on the topic, I'd be perfectly willing to debate you on this.     

Also, I didn't watch the video (not going to give him views), and I was hesitant to post in a he-who-must-not-be-named thread (I refuse to give him google hits either), but I felt like adding to the overall debate.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Meowshi
@Clinkz said:
" @WickedCobra03 said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @KennyPowers said:
"
Who are you to judge them? Those "old-farts" probably think the same of you.   Just ignore him if you don't like him. I personally enjoy watching O'Reilly and occasionally Glenn Beck because its funny to see them shout at people, not necessarily that I believe in everything they say. "
He's influential. 

Ignoring problems does not make them go away.  
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#128  Edited By ch13696

At first, he did get to me. Literally stating that all gamers live in basements living off of their mothers. However, Glenn Beck does make a point about one thing. Why are we worrying about him? Glenn Beck literally says why are we paying attention to him. It's like internet trolls. Continue feeding them and they will grow. That's how Glenn Beck works. If we ignore him, he will crawl back under his bridge. 

No Caption Provided
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#129  Edited By ProfessorEss

I'll file this one under: Loser vs. Loser.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#130  Edited By spazmaster666

Glen Beck himself has said that people shouldn't take what he says seriously all the time so I'm not sure why people decide to do the opposite. He's obviously an entertainer, and not a serious journalist/news anchor. Actually all talk show hosts are entertainers, regardless of how valid their opinions on particular subjects may be.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#131  Edited By jonnyboy

No, he just loves his country *blubbers*.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#132  Edited By damnboyadvance

So you don't have to have respect for Glenn Beck, but he has to have respect for you? Yeah, you're the asshole.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#133  Edited By donutfever

I guarantee you this is not the worst of him.

Mr_Pips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Mr_Pips

I love Glenn. Read almost all his books and listen to him almost every day. Today when he was commanding us to shoot people in the head I couldn't stop laughing.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Pibo47
@Venatio said:
" Remember when he compared himself to MLK and held his speech on the same location and date as MLK?  Yeah.......he's a fucking idiot "
HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. Omfg yes i remember this; only  if he knew the first thing about civil rights....
Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Tsoglani

Bill O'Reilly is a real asshole.

Yelix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#137  Edited By Yelix
@ESREVER said:
" Why the hell did you post this? 

I grew up and live in a conservative household, so I would have to listen to him and Rush on the way to and from school. Both say some ridiculous stuff, as well as things that makes sense. 
Liberal speakers do the same thing, get over it. There are worse people out there to legitimately hate.   "
Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, and Jon Stewart are individually more annoying to me than Rush and Glenn combined. Condescending assholes. Matthews doesn't let people answer questions, Olbermann is just...Olbermann and Stewart thinks he's hilarious when he's maybe funny once a month.