Going Live tomorrow

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By super_machine

January 17th, 9pm Est on ESPN. North Carolina vs Miami. We did all the pregame intro animations and transitional graphics for the game. The game was sponsored by Infiniti.  A few months of work for thirty seconds of show. Its crazy how this business works.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By super_machine

January 17th, 9pm Est on ESPN. North Carolina vs Miami. We did all the pregame intro animations and transitional graphics for the game. The game was sponsored by Infiniti.  A few months of work for thirty seconds of show. Its crazy how this business works.

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MisterSpiffy

What exactly are you talking about??

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By super_machine

@MisterSpiffy:

For real? Did you even read what I wrote?

Ok, let me break down.
January 17th, 9pm Est (tomorrows date as of January 16th) on ESPN (This is a cable sports network). North Carolina vs Miami (These are two college sports teams that will face each other on said network at said time/date). We did all the pregame intro animations and transitional graphics for the game (This part outlines that I worked on visual elements for the afore mentioned event). The game was sponsored by Infiniti (...etc).  A few months of work for thirty seconds of show (Nearly four months ago this project was just a set of story boards. Four months of my life spend toiling for 30 seconds of razzle dazzle). Its crazy how this business works (Working at a visual effects studio is typically very time consuming and taxing for what we are expected to deliver).

So thats it. I always get very excited when something I worked on goes live on TV nationally. Its like having this pet you raised and now its ready to go on its own so everyone can see it, and totally forget about it the next day... I'm ready to have some fun this weekend.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Karmum

Sounds pretty cool, I will try in tune in to check it out.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

I don't have ESPN, so I won't get to see it.  However, I'll say "good job" now because I've found that few people on Giant Bomb's forums actually fail at anything, including life and/or visual effects.

Moon not included...
Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Gameboi

Not much into sports, but congrats man. It sounds like a big deal.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By serbsta

Good work, would be nice if you could record and upload to the tube for all of us to see! :)

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By MisterSpiffy
super_machine said:
"@MisterSpiffy:

For real? Did you even read what I wrote?

Ok, let me break down.
January 17th, 9pm Est (tomorrows date as of January 16th) on ESPN (This is a cable sports network). North Carolina vs Miami (These are two college sports teams that will face each other on said network at said time/date). We did all the pregame intro animations and transitional graphics for the game (This part outlines that I worked on visual elements for the afore mentioned event). The game was sponsored by Infiniti (...etc).  A few months of work for thirty seconds of show (Nearly four months ago this project was just a set of story boards. Four months of my life spend toiling for 30 seconds of razzle dazzle). Its crazy how this business works (Working at a visual effects studio is typically very time consuming and taxing for what we are expected to deliver).

So thats it. I always get very excited when something I worked on goes live on TV nationally. Its like having this pet you raised and now its ready to go on its own so everyone can see it, and totally forget about it the next day... I'm ready to have some fun this weekend.

"
Ugh, sorry,  I totally misread your post.  That's really cool though, and I never realized how much time would be put into something like transitions.