Going to See Metallica!!

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

It's no secret to any of you that I'm a Metallica fan boy. When tickets for their North American tour went on sale in September, I wasn't able to get tickets due to some technical difficulties. As the day of the concert crept closer, I found myself in further despair of not being able to see my favorite band of all time live in their twilight years. Then, this week, a miracle occured. A friend of a friend found himself not being able to go, and thus had a ticket....for a price, of course.

I'll be paying $80 for the ticket, $20 over what it would cost me back in September, but you know what? Fuck it. I get to go see my favorite band of all time, and that moment is priceless my friends, truly priceless.

I've read online that they'll be touring with the bands "Down" and "The Sword". Down is Phil Anselmo's (former lead singer of Pantera, another favorite of mine) current band, and it'll be great to have seen him live too. "The Sword" are probably best known for their song Freya in Guitar Hero II. All I can hope is that Down does a Pantera track and that The Sword don't suck too hard before Metallica comes on. I've never been this pumped for a concert since '04 when I saw Linkin Park at Projekt Revolution. Even better, the set list is Death Magnetic + everything up to and including the Black Album. While I've always been a strong supporter of the album Load, I think that those songs are the best ones heard live. Here's what they seem to be doing regularly:

That Was Just Your Life
Broken, Beat and Scarred
End of the Line
For Whom the Bell Tolls
One
Memory Remains
Where Ever I May Roam
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Sad But True
Master of Puppets
Cyanide
Day the Never Comes
Fight Fire With Fire
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
The Unforgiven
Whiplash
Last Caress (Misfits)
Seek and Destroy

Really, all I ask of them is to play "For Whom the Bell Tolls". Seriously. You don't get much fucking better than that song. Any other Giant Bombers going to see them?

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By zityz

No, but thats cool that your going, should be a fun time. It might sound wierd but they should do all 3 unforgiven songs in succession and just blend them in together, that would be sweet.

Also sad there is a lack of Battery on there. Love that song.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RetroIce4

Jealous... *sigh*

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By breadfan

I am also a huge Metallica fan (if you cannot tell from my user name being a Garage Inc. reference) but I could not get tickets to see them for when they play in my area.  Some of my friends who are in the Metclub are going and one of them got to meet Metallica at Bonnaroo last year. Have fun there

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zityz: I've wanted a full performance of the Unforgiven trilogy for a while, but I doubt it'll happen. They've played the Unforgiven a number of times live, but II has only been played live once. I don't think III has ever been played live since it's relatively new still.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By breadfan

wait I just noticed on your profile that your from Boston, so I guess that means you got tickets to the show I could not get into!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jayge_

If you take a cell-phone video of yourself getting near the stage yelling "I pirated your music", I will wire you 30 dollars through paypal.

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By SimpsonFan

I'm seeing them too man THIS MONTH! Janurary 26th! FRONT ROW!

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pibo47

I have seen then before...and oh my god is amazing. They are also my favorite band EVER!!!!! Dude, you're infor a treat!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187
Jayge said:
"If you take a cell-phone video of yourself getting near the stage yelling "I pirated your music", I will wire you 30 dollars through paypal."
Fuck that.  Get within 2 feet of Lars Ulrich and say it.  I'll pay you $60 for that shit.
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Alexander

I saw them in the summer, they sounded really good. Pyrotechnics and everything, a real good show put on. This was at a festival... and Rage Against the Machine > Metallica. And Justice > everyone.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I am not a fan of Metallica. I find their music boring.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead

It's always Metallica this or Metallica that with you. If Metallica are so good, why don't you just go and marry them then?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac
jakob187 said:
"Jayge said:
"If you take a cell-phone video of yourself getting near the stage yelling "I pirated your music", I will wire you 30 dollars through paypal."
Fuck that.  Get within 2 feet of Lars Ulrich and say it.  I'll pay you $60 for that shit."
I'd give you a private college's tuition's worth of cash if you kick him in the balls, and tell him, "Courtesy of the face." He'd know what it means.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jakob187

Hey, if it makes anyone feel better, I nixed getting Metallica tickets in order to pre-order some tickets for Megadeth when they come to Dallas in support of their new album!  = D

...........oh, this is going to turn sour VEEEERRY quickly.  MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
heavymtlhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By heavymtlhead

Thats awesome dude. I'm seeing them on the 31st and I can't wait! I had something like that happen to me over the summer where my friend's friend got sick the day before the Metal Masters Tour and my friend called me up the night before and hooked me up. The kid who got sick wasn't even really a metal fan so me being there actually made everyone involved happier. \m/ \m/

TheBill1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheBill1979

You know what's funny? If you watch the Cliff 'Em All video/DVD/VHS, you see footage of a show Metallica played right after Kill 'Em All was released. James was holding up a LP version of the album, pleading to his audience to "copy it and give it to your friends". Well, James. They did it. And........they're still doing it.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrKlorox

I remember wanting to see Metallica back in the day. Ah the memories; my how things change. If this was 1992, then I'd be excited as hell for you.

I remember seeing Megadeth back in 97 though. Now that was a metal show.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Snipzor

You are going to see Metallica?!  I feel sorry for you.

Yes I have my bias, which is why I went to see the Musical Box last year instead of Metallica.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrKlorox

That's hardly bias. One would mention bias when the bands would be similar enough to warrant a dislike for the other. A Genesis cover band and Metallica are not in the same ballpark.

A more accurate line would be "Yes I have my bias, which is why I went to see Dennis Leary last year instead of Bill Hicks (even though he's a rotting corpse by now)." :P

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Snipzor
MrKlorox said:
"That's hardly bias. One would mention bias when the bands would be similar enough. A genesis cover band and Metallica are not in the same ballpark.

A more accurate line would be "Yes I have my bias, which is why I went to see the Dennis Leary last year instead of Bill Hicks (even though he's a rotten corpse by now).""
Well said, but which is the lesser in the comparison? Afterall, you put "Genesis Cover Band" and "Dennis Leary" in the same order.
Klorox, you've got some splainin' to do.
Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hughes

THE DEE THAT NEVER COOOOOOMESSSAH

But really, I'm jealous. Have a great time.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrKlorox
Snipzor said:
Well said, but which is the lesser in the comparison? Afterall, you put "Genesis Cover Band" and "Dennis Leary" in the same order.
That is quite the paradox. If it was not Metallica, I would analogize the metal to Hicks... but my multiple bias against Metallica and Leary prevent that. I think I've painted myself into a corner.

My solution is Necrophagist:Louis CK::Metallica:Jim Breuer. There, now nobody's happy and we're all thoroughly confused.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Snipzor
MrKlorox said:
"Snipzor said:
That is quite the paradox. If it was not Metallica, I would analogize the metal to Hicks... but my multiple bias against Metallica and Leary prevent that. I think I've painted myself into a corner.

My solution is Louis CK:Necrophagist::Metallica:Jim Breuer. There, now nobody's happy and we're all thoroughly confused."
Smart move, I didn't mean to twist your nuts there. I am fully confused, as are you. Great success!
Anyways, let's just say that neither of the art styles are comparable. You cannot compare comedy to music, and you cannot compare Prog to Metal.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrKlorox

Now if only I could think of a comedic prog metal act...

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Snipzor
MrKlorox said:
"Now if only I could think of a comedic prog metal act..."
That's where !T.O.O.H! comes in. The second we find out what the hell they say, is the second we will learn to laugh at their material.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TwoOneFive

that sucks. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jakob187

....but......but Necrophagist kicks 10 tons of ass over Metallica.  = D

MrKlorox said:
"Now if only I could think of a comedic prog metal act..."
It may not be prog metal, but:

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DBoy

Should be a fantastic show.  I'm hoping they come to Montreal soon so I can go see them.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By RandomHero666
RetroIce4 said:
"Jealous... *sigh*
This ^^
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"It's always Metallica this or Metallica that with you. If Metallica are so good, why don't you just go and marry them then?"

Hahahaha, fine. I'll marry them in the Pee Wee's Playhouse chapel of "Why don't you marry it?" weddings. I'm gunna feel like a loser if nobody got that reference.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Have fun going to an overpriced (well, not necessarily) mega theater and seeing some crappy band play from hundreds of feet away!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By RHCPfan24
jakob187 said:
"Jayge said:
Fuck that.  Get within 2 feet of Lars Ulrich and say it.  I'll pay you $60 for that shit."
Haha. That is some funny shit.

Yes, I am actually seeing Metallica in the beginning of February. I think it is at Izod Center, at the Meadowlands (New Jersey). Should be great, the first time I am seeing them.
Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shazam

I already went to see them when they came to Ireland back in August. AMAZING. They were unreal and they played my favourite, Enter Sandman. I got into the pit and everything, dude, I could smell the sweat. The only downside is they came prior to Death Magnetic being released and as a result, only played Cyanide which isn't even the best track of that album.

Enjoy their concert, they are something else live.

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Have fun going to an overpriced (well, not necessarily) mega theater and seeing some crappy band play from hundreds of feet away!"

Haha buddy, fuck you too! Have fun going to your Muse show!

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Everyones_A_Critic said:
""Have fun going to an overpriced (well, not necessarily) mega theater and seeing some crappy band play from hundreds of feet away!"

Haha buddy, fuck you too! Have fun going to your Muse show!"
lol, fuck no.  Not muse. 
and I said have fun, so you should say thank you.

this is some footage from the last concert i went to (and I've been posting a bunch of it lately).  Not from the one I went form, but they're similar.
So fucking fun.  Seriously, everyone has to go to one of these concerts even if they don't like the band.

Some other concerts I'd recommend:  Transiberian Orchestra, System of a Down (although I suppose this doesn't exist now).  Some others, but I don't really remember.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hexpane

I saw them WAY back in the late 80s, was kinda over it by the end of the show, haven't been a fan since.  At the time Kill Em, Ride and And Justice were quite groundbreaking.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MrKlorox
jakob187 said:
"It may not be prog metal, but:

"

Thank you so much for that. Brian Posehn is hilarious. Kinda surprised I haven't seen that before.