Gonna be in Chicago

stinky51012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey fellow Giantdudes, I am going to be in Chicago for the first time this Saturday-Tuesday. What should I absolutely do/see? Are there any gaming related activities going on? Any good Barcades? Any/all suggestions are appreciated!

briguyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Plenty of good barcades. Emporium (both locations), Headquarters (both locations), and Logan Arcade are all great. If you can make it to the suburbs, Galloping Ghost is a great arcade as well.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yeah, Galloping Ghost is essential. West of Chicago.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without knowing your interests outside of gaming, my wife and I adored the Field Museum and the Museum of Science and Industry. We could have spent an extra day at each if we had the days to spare.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@csl316 said:

Yeah, Galloping Ghost is essential. West of Chicago.

It's a 20 minute train ride from the City, it's fantastic.

1. Go up the Sear Tower

2. Field Museum

3. Art museum

4. Barcades

5. Walk around grant park/millennium park/magnificent mile

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you like German WW2 submarines, U-505 is pretty cool to see.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By SMTDante89

Well, everybody hit most of the things @riostarwind and I saw when we went to Chicago a couple of months back. If you want to make the trip, Level 257 was pretty cool too.

Also I can't recommend Galloping Ghost enough, that's really a great place to go.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kidnap Patrick Klepek and bring him back to Giant Bomb

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the phone number of a guy who can help.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CByrne

Isn't riding the brown line a right of passage or something too?

stinky51012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for your recommendations guys, ended up doing a few things and went to Headquarters. Asked all the bouncers if Patrick Klepeck ever goes and no one knew who he was...sad.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get a day pass for the water taxi. That'll get you from Union Station to China Town, Magnificent Mile, and Goose Island. If you go to China Town, you can head to The Phoenix for dim sum. If you stop at the Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier is four blocks away from the boat stop, and the Watertower is just a few blocks away as well. You also have a Portillo's a few blocks away from the Watertower Place.

I'd say Museum of Science and Industry as well. It's my favorite Chicago museum, but I hate getting there. You can take the #10 bus that goes along State/Michigan Ave. It should drop you right off at their door step.

revolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make sure to fist-fight Dave Lang.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

I don't know much about Chicago, but you should try to get some Chicago pizza

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You should give Lang a call and hang out, ask JV to send you his number.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

I must be the only person in Chicago who hates the Galloping Ghost. You're crammed in there like a sardine! I get that they want to advertise that they have the most cabinets of any arcade in the U.S. or whatever, but it's too many games, there's no place to fucking stand in there.

helvetica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was there just last week! If you're thinking of hitting up a few museums, the CityPass is a must: http://www.citypass.com/chicago

We went to the aquarium, the planetarium, and the art institute. We went to Shedd Aquarium first and that place was packed with kiddos pretty quickly. The Planetarium is right next to that and has a few shows to watch. The Art Institute is insanely big and you could kill an entire day there. We also went to Navy Pier, but it's under construction.

Also you should go to Wildberry's for breakfast.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also you should go to Wildberry's for breakfast.

I was just there a few weeks ago - someone overheard a conversation I was having with my girlfriend regarding finding a place to eat and gave us that recommendation. It was incredibly tasty, the prices were very reasonable, and the portions were very big.

It's right on the north side of Millennium Park, which makes it very easy to get to from Union Station, and a five minute walk from the Art Institute.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, a visit to Chicago isn't complete until you go visit Sue, the T-rex, at the field museum.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, a visit to Chicago isn't complete until you go visit Sue, the T-rex, at the field museum.

If you're ever at Animal Kingdom in Disney World, there's a cast of Sue on display there. They split prep work on Sue between the Field Museum and Animal Kingdom. Disney was also one of the big benefactors that helped the Field Museum purchase Sue. Just some useless information!

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

The cubbies are in town. Even if you don't love baseball, it's pretty neat to visit Wrigley Field just for the historical aspect. Michigan Ave if you are into shopping. If you are looking to go to a nicer place for dinner than just Portillos (which is also great), Chicago Q I have been really impressed by their bag that is a little more fancy than your typical joint if you are looking to entertain people as well.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Save Ferris