• 58 results
#51 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

@sooty said:

Is it just me or has there been a sudden resurgence of girl related threads lately?

I've watched these forums for long enough and this shit just comes in phases every year. In fact there's probably some really interesting graph or metric you could figure out by looking at video game/console release schedules and the frequency of girl threads during slow weeks. Bear in mind it's also spring and that's usually the time of year when everything is trying to hump one another. Also, it's literally the same guy who posted two threads on the same topic.

@yummylee said:

I suppose you'll be making a thread asking what to wear next.

GiantBomb Plays AcidBrandon18

#52 Edited by NTM (7266 posts) -

@acidbrandon18: Alright, well yeah, black coffee sucks :P. Mocha fraps. Boom, done. This makes me want to go to Starbucks today... Venti Java Chip. It's probably the least healthy one they have, but it's good. You can ask her what she likes too.

#53 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11478 posts) -

I love that you invited this girl to coffee even though you don't drink a lot of coffee. You don't have to take the internet's advice that directly man.

#54 Edited by Superkenon (1394 posts) -

@acidbrandon18: As a man who never drank coffee until a girl suggested we go get coffee, I'll say I went with a mocha. It's basically like having somewhat-bitter hot chocolate, and wasn't very harsh for my taste buds to acclimate to.

Personally, I almost immediately admitted I never had coffee before, and she just thought it was funny/interesting (actually got a little excited about being able to introduce me to something). You don't have to do the same, but I'd definitely refrain from the temptation of acting like you're some kind of coffee pro. Above all else, you want to be free to just be 'you' when you guys hang out, so don't be afraid of letting on that this is something you don't normally do.

#55 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6090 posts) -

You really can't go wrong with a mocha or a caramel latte, my kind of go-to coffee drinks for places where I'm not really familiar with their particular specialties or menus. Feel free to ask the barista to recommend something, or ask about any special drinks they might make. That's how you'll find some favorites.

Moderator Online
#56 Edited by GiantLizardKing (299 posts) -

Nothing like a nice upper when you are trying to calm jittery nerves...

If you are looking for a place to break the ice, coffee probably isn't your best bet. Go get lunch at a bar and grill or something and order a few beers. If lunch feels too much like a date meet for a happy hour or something. A bar will have a much better vibe for being relaxed and getting to know somebody. Meeting for coffee just seems so formal. Like meeting somebody to sign some documents.

So to answer your question, fuck coffee, that shit's for work.

#57 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

I love that you invited this girl to coffee even though you don't drink a lot of coffee. You don't have to take the internet's advice that directly man.

I feel like I caused this. It's all on me!

@acidbrandon18 Black coffee is not something most people get commonly. Anything with vanilla is probably a sure bet. Mocha and lattes are great too. Coffee isn't all just the black stuff.

#58 Posted by mlarrabee (2886 posts) -

We should have told him to ask her to join him for an acid trip, or see if she wanted to collect the poop of other people's dogs. Man, his next thread would have been the top...

#59 Posted by Carlos1408 (1490 posts) -

Chamomile tea (with a little honey or sugar) is my go to, caffeine doesn't agree with me. Most coffee places have variations of tea anyways.