• 75 results
artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By artgarcrunkle

So I was thinking about this after playing some Mortal Kombat today. It's a pretty good game but I wish I had bought something else instead. I bought it having never played any fighting games online and gosh that a mistake, turns out the majority of the matches I got into were unplayable because of savage lag. None of my friends are into games so after beating the story, going through arcade mode a couple times and doing a bunch of the challenge tower I shelved it.

I played a couple matches online back in August and it still seemed pretty busted. Having played today I can say, either because it's still broken or no one plays this game anymore, matchmaking still isn't working for me. So less than a year after release I'm probably going to head over to Gamestop and get whatever sad amount of money they offer me for an otherwise decent game I'd really like to keep playing.

So what games do you guys like, but for whatever reason, still wish you never dropped money on.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

Marvel vs. Capcom 3. It looked so awesome in the trailers, and I had a ton of fun playing with the friend I bought it with but I haven't touched it in several, several months now and I don't really feel compelled to. Though I wouldn't necessarily say I regret it, just.. could've been better spent.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By zidd

@Azteck said:

Marvel vs. Capcom 3. It looked so awesome in the trailers, and I had a ton of fun playing with the friend I bought it with but I haven't touched it in several, several months now and I don't really feel compelled to. Though I wouldn't necessarily say I regret it, just.. could've been better spent.

Even though I got my copy on release day for half off.

and need for speed hot persuit. It turns out I really really don't like time trials that much.

Avatar image for ulquiorraschiffer
UlquiorraSchiffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By UlquiorraSchiffer

@Azteck: I'm with you there. I felt I got my moneys worth with Mortal Kombat, but I only played MvC for like a weekend. Also I had a lot of regret for buying Rage on PC when it first came out, it still doesn't work with my video card.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Radiant Historia. Man, did I shelve that game fast. It's not bad; it's just that there are so many other games I'm playing right now. There's simply no room for it. L. A. Noire would count, too, but I haven't even touched it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

L.A. Noire I installed it and haven't touched it since.

konradbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By konradbm

Arkham City and Gears of War 3. Enjoyed both but neither set my world on fire and I mainly purhcased them as stop gaps between other games.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ProfessorEss

I kind of regret buying Bad Company (1) and Call of Duty 4. 

Despite enjoying their campaigns I bought them thinking (once again) that I'd like to get back into an online multiplayer shooter. Every time I do this it doesn't take long before I realize I don't have the time, desire or natural skill to compete in these games and after a short romp through their campaigns and some minimal time in multiplayer they both ended up on the shelf, collecting dust.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By oraknabo

I bought LA Noire at a time I couldn't really afford it and then never even bothered to finish. I should have just waited for a used copy. I really get excited for games that try to be about more than killing, but it just didn't live up to what I wanted it to be.

Other than that, I've been pretty careful about where I put my money.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By haggis

I wish I'd waited on LA Noire. It was a fine game, for what it was, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I'd paid less. It didn't wind up being what I'd hoped, even if I did like it in the end.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By fobwashed

I bought Super Street Fighter 4, and played maybe 3 matches total ever on that disk. Following that, I've been able to resist the entire MvC3 craze.

pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pantzing_nome

@Azteck said:

I had the same experience when I decided to buy MVC3 well I was drunk with a friend we went and got it at a blockbuster closing sale, we played a lot of the game for the next week or so but after that we stopped playing and I haven't touched it since.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By imsh_pl

After all the praise Red Dead gained I tried to comvince myself that it would only take a short while until it finally stops being boring...

I was wrong.

I repeated the mistake when I bought LA Noire.

I dunno, maybe Rockstar's open world games don't stick with me.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Every fighting game I've ever bought.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Still_I_Cry

LA Noire and Arkham City.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By awesomeusername

I regret buying Battlefield 3 but then I don't regret it.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By tunaburn

L.A. Noire.... all the way

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By huntad

Probably Dark Souls. I just never really feel like playing it.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RE_Player1

L.A. Noire

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By hockeymask27

@haggis said:

I wish I'd waited on LA Noire. It was a fine game, for what it was, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I'd paid less. It didn't wind up being what I'd hoped, even if I did like it in the end.

I also had a similar MVC3 experience as other people have said played it for a week or so and then...

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By l4wd0g

Uncharted 3. I loved 2, but three left me wondering what the hell happened. It was huge let down. I should have just rented it.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By xMP44x

I'm thinking L.A. Noire, as much as I enjoyed it to an extent. I had planned to do a second run through of the game using a guide to max out the case ratings (my first run was my own playing of the game), and since I started into that second run through the game has been sitting on a shelf since August or so with no progress really made. I really should get back into it because I know I'm missing out on some easy achievements and yet I can't find the motivation to want them due to the sheer repetitive nature of the game.

PinkSoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PinkSoda

Marvel vs Capcom 3, should've just waited for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Rebel_Scum

I bought Obilivion about 2 years ago. The voice acting, characters faces and the sluggish controls made me want to puke. Just seemed really dated. Didn't much like the fighting with thin air approach to combat either.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TeamJersey

@Zidd said:

"and need for speed hot pursuit. It turns out I really really don't like time trials that much."

THIS.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By coakroach

Super Street Fighter IV - Not a bad game by any means but it made me realize I am simply incompatible with the fighting genre

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jozzy

Yeah, definately Mortal Kombat. It looks great, Jeff's excitement is contagious and I thought I was ready to play a fighter. Turns out I wasn't. Was even dumb enough to activate the online pass, but didn't even try the online. Story-mode was entertaining while it lasted I guess.

Brutal Legend, even though I only paid $9 for it I am just never going to play that game.

I dodged Arkham City, AC: Revelations and LA Noire.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ImpendingFoil

MvC3 and Portal 2. I will probably never buy the first iteration of any Capcom fighter ever again. Portal 2 was fun but I should have just rented it.

tweetspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tweetspot

mw3, bf3, gears 3 -> all victims of skyrim

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By D0tti

LA Noire, MK, Little Big Planet, FIFA12 and SF4.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gamefreak9

Street Fighter 4... i mean i could have waited for the Super version... it was cheaper and better...

Same thing goes for Ninja Gaiden... black was just an upgrade.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Street Fighter 4, similar to what a few others have said. I jumped on the hype train, then realised I'm terrible at fighting games and got zero enjoyment out of it.

I know to avoid fighting games now, unless they're Mortal Kombat and offer a decent amount of single player content.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ShaggE

Oblivion. Even bought the two-disc edition thinking it'd eat my life. Never even came close to needing the second disc, as I got insanely bored with it about 12 hours in. Hot damn, that game is dull. I understand why people love it, but... yeah.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it's a point of contention as to whether it's a good game or not, but SOCOM 4. I enjoyed it a ton in the beta, but I got bored of it 64% through the campaign and after a bit of co-op.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zombie2011

Burnout Paradise, i didn't enjoy the open world races at all. It really sucks the sense of speed out of a game when i have to constantly pause the game to check the map to see what turns i have to make up ahead.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BlinkyTM

@awesomeusername said:

I regret buying Battlefield 3 but then I don't regret it.

I feel the same way about Battlefield 3. I also feel that way about L.A. Noire.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheFreeMan

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. It's fun when I play locally, but online I'm a mess and I'm really not dedicated enough to it. Plus. UMvC3 so I really feel like I wasted my money.

And Gears of War 3. I should have just rented it - I remember having a blast with the online multiplayer in Gears 2, so I was really looking forward to going online, but it turns out that the main reason I was having fun was cause I was playing with my friends. I don't have any friends to play Gears with, so all I really have is the campaign. It was good, but a three day rental would have worked.

cav86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cav86

marvel vs capcom 3 and gears of war 2

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By clubsandwich

Halo 3, I just don't get why so many people love this crap.

excido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By excido

RAGE; it's a good game i just never feel like finishing it. I very much regret buying dead island also, I won't even say it's a great game(hoped it would be more like borderlands I guess, I also hate how the weapons have to be repaired or replaced so frequently)

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mahonay

Like a lot of people here I'd probably say LA Noire. Incredible game but it just didn't keep my attention. I suppose I am glad I did at least play it even if I didn't get very far into it.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mahonay

@tweetspot said:

mw3, bf3, gears 3 -> all victims of skyrim

Yup, I never play Battlefield 3 anymore :( Stupid Skyrim

w00ties

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By w00ties

@Fobwashed said:

I bought Super Street Fighter 4, and played maybe 3 matches total ever on that disk. Following that, I've been able to resist the entire MvC3 craze.

I'm in exactly the same situation. Upon hearing rumors of Mortal Kombat 9's release I started feeling the hype and thought I'd be interested in returning to fighters. I immediately went out and bought Super Street Fighter IV, but after only a handful of rounds within the span of a week I got bored and haven't touched it since. I have also barely played MK9 outside of the first week of purchase, but I could never regret that game.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bybeach

I'm thinking Alice in this regard. I haven't played it yet, and I have a tendency never to get back after a period of time, like I did to RDR and Call of Pripyat. But I believe in my hallucinogen riddled heart and by the QL and Ryan's description(and yes I will admit it, his liking the game) that this is a game for me.

If I don't ever play it, well, money out.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jetsetwillie

games cost like £40. life's to short to spend your whole life regretting buying a game. move on.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By artgarcrunkle

@jetsetwillie: Since money isn't a big deal I guess you wouldn't mind sending me some.

@bybeach: Yo....play CoP.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Levius

Possibly Skyrim, I really like the game but being at Uni I really don't have the time for it to do it justice. I really should of waited for Christmas holidays.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

DJ Hero 2. It was a great rhythm game, it just came out when my interest in the genre was almost completely gone. I played it for about a week before leaving it on the shelf for good.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Everyones_A_Critic: So disconcerting when someone changes their profile pic.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By Animasta

Civilization 5.