#1 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

So I was thinking about getting an ipod from gamestop. I was just looking for something to listen to audio on but have a screen for making selections. Looking to spend about $50 on a used one. Does anyone think there is any reason to believe they are untrustworthy in this regard?

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

Buy it and let us know I guess. Didn't know they sold iPods.

#3 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Uh, sure, IDK of they offer any but...Gamestop is a retail store, they aren't going to sell you some bootleg knockoff called hte ipood.

What are you thinking of getting, the Nano, or the shuffle?

#4 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

@Godwind said:

So I was thinking about getting an ipod from gamestop. I was just looking for something to listen to audio on but have a screen for making selections. Looking to spend about $50 on a used one. Does anyone think there is any reason to believe they are untrustworthy in this regard?

Well, everything except the Shuffle has a screen. I don't recommend the new iPod Nano because it's really tiny. The fifth generation Nano and before were probably better choices.

#5 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

It should be fine, they are refurbished by them; I mean they refurbish consoles as well. So i'd say it's perfectly safe to buy one from there.

I'd recommend the nano if you want small and light weight. Good for running or whatever; won't take up much pocket or bag space.

You can also check eBay and such for maybe even cheaper options.

#6 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@xMP44x: Nano's are good, while they are less functional than previous versions having a shuffle with a screen is just great.

#7 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

I have one of the new Nanos and had three of them broke on me. I'm currently on my fourth one thanks to the warranty I picked up after the first one died. First two times it broke, it was because of the power button no longer depressing properly (it was basically stuck unless you hooked it up to your computer so you can force the screen to turn on) and the third time it was because it was stuck on this white screen thing a lot of people seem to have experienced with other iPods.

Just don't get one of those new Nanos.

#8 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -

@xMP44x said:

I don't recommend the new iPod Nano because it's really tiny.

I think the nano's are cool because they're so tiny. I don't need another big device taking up one of my pockets when I can clip my nano to my shirt, or put it in that small two inch pocket that jeans have.

#9 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -
@Alex_Murphy

@xMP44x said:

I don't recommend the new iPod Nano because it's really tiny.

I think the nano's are cool because they're so tiny. I don't need another big device taking up one of my pockets when I can clip my nano to my shirt, or put it in that small two inch pocket that jeans have.

Finally a use for that pocket. Never understood the meaning of it's existence until now. Or do people keep change in them? I have never put anything in them.
#10 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

I wouldn't buy anything from GameStop.

#11 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

I am probably going to buy a nano. My question is really whether Gamestop is reliable or not for buying used ipods?

#12 Posted by RecSpec (3816 posts) -

I bought a second gen Nano from their website for about $30. Works great.

#13 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2992 posts) -

a used ipod seems like a dicey proposition to be honest. Mainly because of the potential of the battery quitting on you very quickly. For that matter I dislike iPods because of their tendency to break within a year and have sworn them off having wasted hundreds of dollars in the past.