Good sites for Random/Funny gifts?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463

Friend of mines birthday is coming up and I was wondering if anyone could share some good online stores that sell some unique gifts. I'm trying to keep the gift to $40 or below. Would like it to be something he can actually use and not just laugh at it then throw it in the corner and forget. I tried doing a quick google search but all the sites seemed kinda sketchy. He comes from a rich family so buying him a game or something of the like is kinda pointless, so that's why I'm going for the unique angle.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crusader8463

No one has anything?

Fishstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Fishstick
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crusader8463

@Fishstick:That was one of the ones I found. Didn't look like it had anything worth while. Thanks though.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

Amazon sells everything.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By BeachThunder

ThinkGeek :o

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crusader8463

@Redbullet685 said:

Amazon sells everything.

Couldn't find anything good.

@BeachThunder said:

Tried that, but all the things I saw felt a little too hipstery to me.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By samfo
@crusader8463 said:

@BeachThunder said:

Tried that, but all the things I saw felt a little too hipstery to me.

maybe you should be more specific. too hipstery for you? are you buying gifts for yourself?
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crusader8463

@SamFo: Maybe that wasn't the right word to use. Nothing I saw on there felt like it would be anything that they would actually use or want to keep on their desk. Just something that they would smirk at then throw away shortly after and never think of again. I wish I could be more specific, but I can't since I don't even know what I'm looking for to be perfectly honest.

I guess I was just hoping to get some links to some online stores that are lesser known that have a variety of odd/unique gifts and not look as if everything they are selling is an over priced dollar store toy.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Think geek, newegg, amazon, Orphanshop.com

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Hilikus

Thought the title said "gifs" 

:(

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TobbRobb

@crusader8463: You could always go the Humble Indie Bundle route?

Unless he already has the games.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By SSully

Get him a framed poster or something. Its not really something he can use, but it is unique and can be really cool if you get him something he likes.

Does he like music? Get him one of his favorite albums on Vinyl, even if he doesn't have a record player it is really cool. I got my first vinyl from my girlfriend, she got me my favorite fugazi album on vinyl because she saw it in a record shop. A few months later I got a record player and started collecting.

Is he really into games? Its always cool gifting games on steam that you think someone would like. Me and my buddy have kind of a tradition of getting each other random steam games, and he has given me some really cool indie games I never thought to look at before.

There is tons of stuff. Just think of his interests and go from there. If you want post some of his interests and I can try to come up with some stuff.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crusader8463

@TobbRobb: He's not into those kind of games, and I'm trying to send him a real physical gift and not something digital. He comes from a rich family so any kind of games/movies he could ever want he just asks and they give it to him. So that rules out that whole area of gifts.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crusader8463

@SSully said:

Get him a framed poster or something. Its not really something he can use, but it is unique and can be really cool if you get him something he likes.

Does he like music? Get him one of his favorite albums on Vinyl, even if he doesn't have a record player it is really cool. I got my first vinyl from my girlfriend, she got me my favorite fugazi album on vinyl because she saw it in a record shop. A few months later I got a record player and started collecting.

Is he really into games? Its always cool gifting games on steam that you think someone would like. Me and my buddy have kind of a tradition of getting each other random steam games, and he has given me some really cool indie games I never thought to look at before.

There is tons of stuff. Just think of his interests and go from there. If you want post some of his interests and I can try to come up with some stuff.

Ya I was thinking of going down that route with the poster thing, but I couldn't find anything stand out. He really loves Dragon Age: Origins, like I do, so I was thinking of getting him the novels. I really loved them and think he would too if he gave them a chance, but he's not really a reader so it would probably just be a waste of money. I was also thinking of getting a DAO poster, but the bioware store only has stuff for DA2 and he hates that game with a passion; like me too.

The only other thing, and what I'm kind of looking for, is a little inside joke we have. He lives in Texas and I'm in Canada and we always make fun of each others country and are getting into arguments about stupid stuff involving the two. I was thinking of getting him a t shirt with the Canadian flag or a maple leaf on it, but the only places I could find selling something like that were really over priced, looked cheap as shit, or looked like a sketchy site.

I got until the first week of December, so I may just go out to some local malls and see if I can find him something around here and just mail it out. It's not really something specific you can give suggestions on, but more of a "I will know it when I see it." kind of situation.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Barrock
TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By TobbRobb

@crusader8463: Oh, it's that kind of guy. Are you good with any craft? If you could make something cool it would probably be a good gift.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By SSully

@crusader8463: Yeah ik what you mean. Shopping around can definitely help, just pick a day and just go to a mall. You will figure it out duder, good luck.

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Shookems

www.dicktowel.com

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By N7

Coming in at just under $40, you can get your friend what any man can love and adore: Sex in a can.

Warning: This NSFW link contains mature content and should not be viewed in the presence of children, bosses, or co-workers.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Karl_Boss

@dudeglove said:

Anyone else come in here thinking he was talking about gifs?

*raises hand*

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crusader8463

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

@dudeglove said:

Anyone else come in here thinking he was talking about gifs?

*raises hand*

*raises hand*