#1 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I've had a boring wallpaper for a long time and I want to change. It is, however, really hard to find well-done wallpapers in 1400x900. Also, I hate when people include their name at the bottom corner, so I'm definitely not going to use one of those. Got any places to recommend?

#2 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

I usually just go to Google images and then in the size section enter my resolution. And then type in whatever i'd like a wallpaper of. Tried it out with your resolution and seemed to work just fine.

#3 Posted by Smedles (174 posts) -
Wallbase.net is pretty good.  They have a wide variety of themes to choose from.
#4 Posted by natetodamax (19206 posts) -

If you have Rainmeter you can do some crazy stuff.

#5 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -
#6 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

You should try Giant Bomb first. They have some good ones.

#7 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (251 posts) -
@FlyingRat:  That's really nice. I've never really used Google Images very much, so I didn't realize you could search by resolution. I'll have to remember that.
#8 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -
#9 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

4chan

#10 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

Google

#11 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

4chan.org has a section for wallpapers. just look around for one there.

#12 Edited by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I use  http://www.desktopnexus.com/, but I find you need to really search some times to find something good. It has a lot of cheesy generic fluffy to syphon through, but you can find some good stuff if you look hard enough. 

The best part about the site though, is that you just click on the image you want and it detects your screen resolution and loads it at that size for you.

#13 Posted by AlisterCat (5565 posts) -

Desktopography.

#14 Posted by Kieran_ES (258 posts) -
#15 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -
#16 Posted by rubberluffy (459 posts) -
#17 Posted by kingofpeanuts (479 posts) -

deviant art is always a good place to find cool art.

#18 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

Browsing DeviantART and Google is a good way to search for wallpapers.

#19 Posted by Wes899 (2114 posts) -
@Smedles said:
" Wallbase.net is pretty good.  They have a wide variety of themes to choose from. "
#20 Posted by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -

I usually use Wallbase, but (shameless plug) there are some nice ones here.  You might also want to search the forums for some of the wallpaper/desktop threads.

#21 Edited by Pezen (1604 posts) -

interfacelift.com   - just found that one the other day while looking for a good new one for my new iMac and it's crazy resolution. Has some really awesome scenery photography as well as photoshopped work.  

Edit: should also note that the site seems to give you your own resolution under the pictures by default so if it tells you to pick resolution, that particular picture doesn't come in your own resolution. Pretty cool feature.

#22 Posted by teh_destroyer (3567 posts) -
#23 Posted by Andorski (5309 posts) -

Been using this site since I found out that reddit.com has a wallpaper subreddit. 

Panoptikos

#24 Posted by Scheds (464 posts) -

My favourites always end up being on SocWall.

#25 Posted by ch3burashka (5072 posts) -
@Kyreo said:
" 4chan "
I was under the impression it was the only good place for wallpapers.
#26 Posted by natetodamax (19206 posts) -

I would also recommend Wallbase. Site is pretty amazing.

#27 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Create a new canvas that matches your resolution in photoshop, and go crazy, son!

#28 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@CH3BURASHKA said:
" @Kyreo said:
" 4chan "
I was under the impression it was the only good place for wallpapers. "
It's pretty damn good but I wouldn't consider it the best.  Deviantart is pretty amazing and all these chuckle heads in this thread are talking up this "wallbase" site or whatever.
#29 Posted by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -
@Kyreo said:
" @CH3BURASHKA said:
" @Kyreo said:
" 4chan "
I was under the impression it was the only good place for wallpapers. "
It's pretty damn good but I wouldn't consider it the best.  Deviantart is pretty amazing and all these chuckle heads in this thread are talking up this "wallbase" site or whatever. "
Wallbase is great because it scrapes 4chan's /w/, /wg/, and /hr/ boards, so you can get what's good from 4chan with none of the bad.  And it's random feature is addicting.