Google Chrome and Giant Bomb

Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Ashby

So hopefully this question hasn't been covered before.

I use Google Chrome just about all the time, because it just runs so much faster and is mostly comparable to Firefox. However, it has some trouble with Giant Bomb. I can play the videos, but once they start, I can't access the little bar at the bottom with the time bar, full screen toggle and volume switch. It shows up when I hover my mouse, but I can't click on anything. However, sometimes it randomly works. Not sure why it does this, so I'm using Firefox with this site.

Any suggestions, or has anyone else discovered this? I have a feeling Adobe isn't fully supported on Chrome, but other sites work fine, and like I said, it sometimes (but rarely) works.

brodywb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By brodywb

I use Chrome, and it seems to work fine for watching video. I sometimes use it on my television and will zoom in on pages to read the text. If the page is zoomed in, I have the problems that you are talking about. If I zoom back out it works as normal again. I don't know if this is your issue, but maybe it will help

Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ashby
@brodywb: 
 Huh, seems like the text was zoomed OUT a bit too much, and making the text one size bigger seemed to have done it. Odd and simple solution, I never would have connected the two. Thanks!
Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

My suggestion is to switch back to Firefox which is a much better web browser.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By matthew
@Ashby: I'm running chrome beta, and it's fine on the XP system.  Try switching which version you're running.  If you're using beta, back off to normal, and vice versa.
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ISuperGamerI
@Atomasist said:
" My suggestion is to switch back to Firefox which is a much better web browser. "
I'm using Firefox all the time and I do agree with you but Google Chrome is the fastest browser right now.
RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By RobotHamster

I'm using chrome and don't have any problems.... sucks for you.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Google Chrome straight up stopped working on my computer. I consider it a good thing, because I think Safari is way better.

Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shadowsquire

Since nobody said anything about it, if you have this problem then you've probably zoomed in on the giantbomb website somewhere. Press Ctrl+0 and it will reset the zoom lvl.

Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ashby
@Shadowsquire:  
Yep, that actually seemed to be the problem. I never would have thought it was something like that, and I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip!
apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By apoptosis61

firefox crushes all the fucking time -.-

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12  Edited By wefwefasdf
@apoptosis61 said:
" firefox crushes all the fucking time -.- "
What does it crush? :P
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By StaticFalconar
@Ashby: just double click the vid to make it full screen. as far as volume goes, your speakers should be the one adjusting that. 
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By one_2nd

I use Chrome and it works fine. 

apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By apoptosis61
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" @apoptosis61 said:
" firefox crushes all the fucking time -.- "
What does it crush? :P "
everything -.-  that made me move to chrome and so far chrome works perfectly
mau64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By mau64

I haven't had that problem, but I do know when I get messages, even after checking them it still says I have messages for quite a while. It randomly goes away but I'm always clicking up there checking if I actually have a message or not.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BraveToaster

@mau: That problem occurs every now and then, no matter what browser you use.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ajamafalous

For me, videos are super stuttery on Chrome with only a single tab open, but when I open Firefox (130 tabs open right now, usually at least over 100), videos are smooth.

So yeah, basically I think Chrome sucks.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19  Edited By Geno
@ajamafalous said:
" For me, videos are super stuttery on Chrome with only a single tab open, but when I open Firefox (130 tabs open right now, usually at least over 100), videos are smooth.   So yeah, basically I think Chrome sucks. "
In what situation would you have 130 tabs open and how do you navigate them >.> 

Also I have zero glitches or problems with Chrome, much more stable and faster than FF on my PC. 
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@Atomasist said:
" My suggestion is to switch back to Firefox which is a much better web browser. "
That's an opinion, bucko, and my opinion is that I like Chrome better. 
Ashby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ashby
@StaticFalconar:  
When I had the problem, double clicking just paused and unpaused. The default half volume was driving me crazy because it was quiet compared to the rest of the sound I was playing. : ) 

@MooseyMcMan
said:
" @Atomasist said:
That's an opinion, bucko, and my opinion is that I like Chrome better.  "
I like em both, but I switched to Chrome simply because Firefox started to run realllllly slow on my computer. Like, would take minutes to start up, and minutes most times to load web pages. I have the quicker Chrome on my notebook because it doesn't have much ram, and putting it on this computer fixed the problem, even running faster now than Firefox was right at the beginning.
CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CaptainObvious

GB runs great in Chrome. Atleast for me.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Osaladin

I use Chrome and I don't have this problem, are you sure it's not one of your addons or something?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ajamafalous
@Geno said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" For me, videos are super stuttery on Chrome with only a single tab open, but when I open Firefox (130 tabs open right now, usually at least over 100), videos are smooth.   So yeah, basically I think Chrome sucks. "
In what situation would you have 130 tabs open and how do you navigate them >.>  Also I have zero glitches or problems with Chrome, much more stable and faster than FF on my PC.  "
I almost never left click a link, always middle click. If I find a link that I want to read but just don't have the time right now, I leave a tab open for it and move on (so I have like 20-30 Wikipedia tabs open). Same thing for links I know I'll need later but just have never gotten around to yet (like, I still have tabs open for HD mods of old games, or how to install free DLC for certain Steam games where Steam doesn't offer the DLC).
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25  Edited By Geno
@ajamafalous said:
" @Geno said:
" @ajamafalous said:
In what situation would you have 130 tabs open and how do you navigate them >.>  Also I have zero glitches or problems with Chrome, much more stable and faster than FF on my PC.  "
I almost never left click a link, always middle click. If I find a link that I want to read but just don't have the time right now, I leave a tab open for it and move on (so I have like 20-30 Wikipedia tabs open). Same thing for links I know I'll need later but just have never gotten around to yet (like, I still have tabs open for HD mods of old games, or how to install free DLC for certain Steam games where Steam doesn't offer the DLC). "
But how do you see the tabs? Opening more than 30 leads to them having only their first letter showing up, I can only imagine 130 would be that much worse. Or do you have some sort of tab manager? And do you actually get around to viewing all 130 tabs? I thought I was a multitasker with my ~12 or so tabs lol. 
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ajamafalous
@Geno said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" @Geno said:
" @ajamafalous said:
I almost never left click a link, always middle click. If I find a link that I want to read but just don't have the time right now, I leave a tab open for it and move on (so I have like 20-30 Wikipedia tabs open). Same thing for links I know I'll need later but just have never gotten around to yet (like, I still have tabs open for HD mods of old games, or how to install free DLC for certain Steam games where Steam doesn't offer the DLC). "
But how do you see the tabs? Opening more than 30 leads to them having only their first letter showing up, I can only imagine 130 would be that much worse. Or do you have some sort of tab manager? And do you actually get around to viewing all 130 tabs? I thought I was a multitasker with my ~12 or so tabs lol.  "

No Caption Provided
Here's what my screen looks like currently (Click here for full-size version). No tab manager as far as I know, just default Firefox tab options (except that opening a new tab puts the new tab all the way to the right, not immediately after the current tab, which is something they changed recently). I usually don't get around to viewing them all and have to clean them out every couple months or so. Last time I went on a mass tab purge was in, like, May, I think, and I was able to get it down to about 40 tabs or so.
derevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By derevo
@ajamafalous:  If you're able to keep 130 tabs open and still be able to keep track of everything, maintain system stability, and talk like a sane person, more power to you. BUT, I do know that there are much easier and much more sensible ways to go about the issue. Cue Evernote, a free service which will let you 'clip' web pages and keep their titles and screenshots in a list so that you can look at them later. I use it and it works great. There's even a Chrome extension so that you can access everything without needing to go to the evernote site. There may be a firefox add-on as well, but I would still suggest trying Chrome, I am a firefox convert myself.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By MysteriousBob

I use Chrome and I don't have any problems with the site whatosever.  

@ajamafalous said:

You don't know how to use a computer. Shut it off now. 

And Firefox is an unrealiable piece of shit.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ajamafalous
@MysteriousBob said:
" I use Chrome and I don't have any problems with the site whatosever.  

@ajamafalous said:
You don't know how to use a computer. Shut it off now.  And Firefox is an unrealiable piece of shit. "
I've had Firefox crash on me maybe twice in the past month and a half.
Dain22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB Videos have stopped playing for me entirely in Chrome. I can click the big red play button, but the video won't load/stream from there. I've had to switch to Safari.

Every browser has pros and cons. I've stuck with Chrome because it synced a lot of my info automatically when I changed computers. I've started using Safri a little more since I'm now on Mac and it syncs a little more seemlessly with my iPhone.

DeiNile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DeiNile

I use Opera and experience no problems what so ever.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this the oldest thread that managed to get bumped? 3 years has got to be a record.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dain22: Just get Chrome for your iPhone too, it's still pretty awesome. Videos work fine for me, btw.