#1 Posted by natetodamax (19216 posts) -

Halp me! I use a third party program called SharePod to organize my music because iTunes is garbage. A few minutes ago I dragged some songs out of SharePod onto my desktop to put into iTunes, but there's a problem. I can't drag them anywhere. I tried putting them in the Recycle Bin, but literally nothing happens. I tried dragging them into the folder I keep all my music in but it says it can't find the file and my only options are to try again and cancel. I think this happened to me before but I forgot how I deleted them. Help!    

#2 Edited by ComradeKritstov (693 posts) -
#3 Posted by natetodamax (19216 posts) -

Alright, I restarted my computer and the files disappeared. This can be locked/deleted now.

#4 Posted by Xeiphyer (5608 posts) -
@natetodamax: Its also worth knowing that sometimes files cant be moved,changed, or deleted if they are being used by a program. So if your music program is using the songs, you would have to close it before you can change them.

Sometimes programs will continue to use a file even though you think its turned off, If you ever think thats the case, try pressing ctrl+alt+delete and running task manager and seeing if the program is still running in the processes tab. If it is, you can just kill it there =P then change the files.

Anyways, glad to hear you got it sorted out anyways.
#5 Posted by natetodamax (19216 posts) -
@Xeiphyer: Yeah I knew that, but the problem here was that I had all my programs closed. It just couldn't find the file for some reason and wouldn't let me move it anywhere.
#6 Posted by PenguinDust (12595 posts) -

Try CCLeaner.  It works sometimes when others don't.   Also, take a look at Process Explorer and see if the files are being used by some other program.  I use the later from time to time to see what other programs might be screwing my downloads.

#7 Posted by Jeust (10796 posts) -

Try exiting the explorer by the windows manager and deleting them with the command window.

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19216 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" Try exiting the explorer by the windows manager and deleting them with the command window. "
I have already resolved the issue, but thanks anyway!
#9 Posted by Jeust (10796 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @Jeust said:
" Try exiting the explorer by the windows manager and deleting them with the command window. "
I have already resolved the issue, but thanks anyway! "
No problem.