#1 Edited by MatPaget (1115 posts) -

Alright, so I'm sure those who are paying attention will realize I've been asking A LOT of computer-esque questions lately. Here's my latest one!

So my graphics card is a GeForce 7025/nForce 630a, but I can't run games like Dead Space 2 at all. I've already installed and updated my drivers, but it still says I need to do so. I seriously have no idea what's going on, or what I'm doing wrong, but here are some pictures that show exactly what the problem is. My graphics card is 6800 or better, so why can't I run the game?

#2 Posted by Jiggah (308 posts) -

A higher number doesn't mean it's better. The card you have is an integrated video card. You need to get a better discrete video card.

#3 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

Not 100% sure, but that's an integrated GPU right? Integrated GPU's are never as good as a dedicated video card.

That GPU is greatly bottlenecking your system, I know it's easier said then done but I highly recommend buying a Video Card.

#4 Posted by MatPaget (1115 posts) -

@SmasheControllers: And I can put a new video card in even if my current one is integrated?

#5 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

@MatPaget: Yeah, integrated means it's apart of the motherboard which means you should an available PCI-E slot for a video card, unless you have a capture card or something in that slot.

With an AMD FX CPU in that computer, I'd recommend an AMD video card. AMD just released the first of their 7000 series cards, you should give them a look.

I personally I'm waiting to see the 7800 series, I have a 6850 in my current PC and think it's an amazing card.