• 104 results
#1 Edited by jschmoe (142 posts) -
#2 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -

I don't know much about him except from what i saw on the E3 podcast, he was pretty funny. It's a shame, i knew a couple people with cancer and it sucks.

#3 Posted by gaminghooligan (1437 posts) -

I think if anyone can make it through this it's Greg. BEYOND!

#4 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

He's the ps3 ign guy right? He's one of the better journalists on their staff, quite a shame that this shit happens to people only in their 20s or so. Good luck to him, hopefully he can fight through it and not unfortunately wind up like Edd from Eddsworld.

#5 Edited by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

That really sucks the big one. I didn't know him very well but when I seen him in things he always seemed like an awesome guy. I have seen the sickness in family and it's never a good sight.

EDIT: Never mind, thought it was someone else. No idea who this guy is but wish him luck none the same. No one should have to fight through cancer.

#6 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Ugh. Facing the terror of the imminent probability of your own death.

I'm sure he has friends sticking by him, if he needs them, whatever may happen. That's something at least.

For some reason, here is a video of hummingbirds.

#7 Posted by IAmNotBatman (634 posts) -

"POWER THROUGH IT BRO! DON'T GIVE UP!"

#8 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1107 posts) -

He has Hodgkin's, which has one of the highest survival rates of any cancer. If you are going to get it, this is the one you want.

#9 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

This is terrible. I never liked his reviews and especially not his voice. Still, it doesn't change that this is completely terrible and I wish him all the best.

#10 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

:(

I hope no one thinks it's disrespectful, but it reminds me of this rant he did on cancer a few years ago on Game Scoop when I used to listen to it.

Feel better Greg.

#11 Posted by SamFo (1528 posts) -

Probably doing the most creative game coverage on the net at the moment. Sounds like he's a fighter, good on him, wish him well.

#12 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

That's the worst. I'm glad though that it sounds like it's pretty treatable, I've always had a soft spot for Greg. Beyond!

#13 Posted by gaminghooligan (1437 posts) -

@EvilTwin: don't feel bad dude, I think he posted that rant with the story about his diagnosis on IGN lol

#14 Edited by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

@gaminghooligan said:

@EvilTwin: don't feel bad dude, I think he posted that rant with the story about his diagnosis on IGN lol

Ah, good to hear. Anyone have a link to his blog?

Never mind, found it.

#15 Posted by nick_verissimo (1383 posts) -

I think he's a good dude and I hope he can get through this thing!

#16 Posted by TruthTellah (8826 posts) -

A charismatic fellow indeed. I'm sure he'll find a way to make the best of such a horrible situation.

#17 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I've discovered that he gives great relationship advice.

#18 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Wow, that's tough news. Pull through it Greg!

#19 Posted by Landon (4139 posts) -

I read his blog about it. He said he's not going to die and the kind he has is very treatable. I think a year from now this will just be a weird story he can tell.

#20 Posted by Spoonman671 (4604 posts) -

I knew naming his PSN account GameOverGreggy would backfire.

He's a cool dude, hope he does alright.

#21 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I like Greg Miller a lot and I know he can pull through this! Especially with the power of Daemon Hatfield by his side!

#22 Posted by Milkman (16679 posts) -

Best of wishes to him.

Sounds very treatable so I hope it all goes okay.

#23 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

Fuck cancer!

Stay strong, Greg Miller.

#24 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10919 posts) -

I hope he gets better. I used to listen to The Podcast BE-YOND! back in the day.

I'm listening to some clips of BE-YOND! on "The YouTube," and it's funnier than I remember. Keep on trucking Greg!

#25 Posted by AdventOblivion (98 posts) -

Man that's crappy news. Greg is one of my favorite games journalists. I hope he doesn't have too rough a time. Get better man. BEYOND!

#26 Posted by BadSniper52 (607 posts) -

Best wishes to him, hope he gets better.

#27 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

Aaw, crap :(

#28 Posted by Iodine (546 posts) -

fuck cancer.

#29 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1700 posts) -

That sucks, hope he gets better

#30 Posted by Daiphyer (1334 posts) -

That really sucks.

Fight through it, Greggy.

#31 Edited by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

That truly sucks.

Let's hope he is at an early stage.

#32 Posted by Redbullet685 (6036 posts) -

Man this sucks. Greg Miller is my favorite editor on the IGN staff. Hope he gets through this alright.

#33 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3229 posts) -

Rough. Greg's among IGN's finest, hope all is well as soon as possible!

#34 Posted by MisterSamMan (364 posts) -

I wish him the best of luck with his fight with cancer. BEYOND!

#35 Edited by talkingtoast (85 posts) -

@Mr_Misery said:

R.I.P.

@Seppli said:

Ugh. Facing the terror of the imminent probability of your own death.

Mate, read the fucking article, it's highly treatable, he'll more than likely be alright.

Best of wishes to you, Greg.

BEYOND.

#36 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Best of luck to Greg.

#37 Posted by Brendan (7777 posts) -

Major bummer. Also, his 60 second rant on cancer is legitimately hilarious.

#38 Posted by believer258 (11808 posts) -

I hope he survives to games journalize another day!

#39 Posted by Bulby33 (589 posts) -

I'm not the biggest fan of his, but I hope everything goes well. That's heavy stuff.

#40 Edited by pyromagnestir (4300 posts) -

That's what you get for taking on Cancer and Betty White Greggy!

You may have won the battle, but the war is far from over!

All this brings me back to when I listened to the IGN podcasts. The Nintendo one sucked pretty hard. Gamescoop was pretty good. The XBox one was great until Hilary left it, because they spent most of the podcast shitting on the Xbox, talking about stuff unrelated to games, and just generally being dicks to one another and everyone else (I want to clarify, those are the things that were great about it). The Playstation one got worst as each of the hosts were promoted. Greg was the crazy sidekick of sorts, but there was a bit too much Greg when he became the host. I eventually dropped them all for the Bombcast.

Get well soon Greggy!

#41 Posted by Harkat (1102 posts) -

@Bulby33 said:

I'm not the biggest fan of his, but I hope everything goes well. That's heavy stuff.
#42 Posted by guiseppe (2840 posts) -

Well that certainly does suck. I wish him well, and hope everything turns out for the better.

#43 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

HIs cancer is treatable as he said. Chemo is going to be a bitch but he will pull through.

#44 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

well that sucks. i hope does good.

#45 Posted by neverdeed (15 posts) -

i think a lot of people here have no understanding of how cancer works

you dont get an immediate death sentence just because you got diagnosed

#46 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@neverdeed said:

i think a lot of people here have no understanding of how cancer works

you dont get an immediate death sentence just because you got diagnosed

Right you are, it can be very scary, but if it's caught early, or if it's like prostate cancer, there's very little to worry about. Even people that have multiple cancers can pull through. It's like most other diseases, it's very fuzzy how one will affect you compared to a different person.

#47 Posted by NegativeCero (2996 posts) -

Oh man, that's awful. Not familiar with his work, but best wishes to him.

#48 Posted by Indiana_Jenkins (388 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

That's what you get for taking on Cancer and Betty White Greggy!

You may have won the battle, but the war is far from over!

All this brings me back to when I listened to the IGN podcasts. The Nintendo one sucked pretty hard. Gamescoop was pretty good. The XBox one was great until Hilary left it, because they spent most of the podcast shitting on the Xbox, talking about stuff unrelated to games, and just generally being dicks to one another and everyone else (I want to clarify, those are the things that were great about it). The Playstation one got worst as each of the hosts were promoted. Greg was the crazy sidekick of sorts, but there was a bit too much Greg when he became the host. I eventually dropped them all for the Bombcast.

Get well soon Greggy!

Man, I have the exact same story. Although IGN started dying to me when David Clayman left.

On topic, I wish Greg the best. His odds look okay, but cancer probably still sucks.

#49 Posted by Xeirus (1298 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

I've discovered that he gives great relationship advice.

Oh man, I laughed so hard. That's an awesome clip, never heard of this guy before, I like em

#50 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Cancer is horrible (as some of you may recall, I blogged about how my 6th grade teacher died of it a couple years back before I had developed any idea of unity and coherence in my writing as a naive fifteen year old), but I am glad that he will recover from this. As much as I dislike IGN, anything less than a full recovery would be pretty disheartening to the gaming community.