GTX 260 black edition crashes fix

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By darkgoth678

In case anyone happens to be searching for a solution of why when their playing a game like Far Cry 2 or any other graphics intensive game, either their nvidia drivers crash or they get a blue screen. I had this probelm more spicically in Far Cry 2. 

Played the game for about 5 minutes, Ultra High, insane frames, and then the game freezes out of nowhere and then exits out and im back to my desktop with windows telling me "nvidia video drivers have crashed  unexpectedly and were recovered" 

Iresearched the topic and at first I thought it was due to the 90Mhz factory overclock but then a person in a forum said the thing that clicked, "tested the card, crashed when it hit 75C" right then I knew all i had to do i crank up the fan speed to 100% and then ran Far Cry 2 in a Window and then had GPUz on the side and the temp never went above 59C, no crashes. 

So anyone that happened to Google this and come across this post, simply go to the nvidia control pannel and click "adjust GPU settings" and then in fan settings select "maunal fan control" and then drag the slider all the way to 100%, click apply at the bottom right and you are set. You should even hear your card's fan spin faster. 

Hope this helps!
darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By darkgoth678

In case anyone happens to be searching for a solution of why when their playing a game like Far Cry 2 or any other graphics intensive game, either their nvidia drivers crash or they get a blue screen. I had this probelm more spicically in Far Cry 2. 

Played the game for about 5 minutes, Ultra High, insane frames, and then the game freezes out of nowhere and then exits out and im back to my desktop with windows telling me "nvidia video drivers have crashed  unexpectedly and were recovered" 

Iresearched the topic and at first I thought it was due to the 90Mhz factory overclock but then a person in a forum said the thing that clicked, "tested the card, crashed when it hit 75C" right then I knew all i had to do i crank up the fan speed to 100% and then ran Far Cry 2 in a Window and then had GPUz on the side and the temp never went above 59C, no crashes. 

So anyone that happened to Google this and come across this post, simply go to the nvidia control pannel and click "adjust GPU settings" and then in fan settings select "maunal fan control" and then drag the slider all the way to 100%, click apply at the bottom right and you are set. You should even hear your card's fan spin faster. 

Hope this helps!