Gus Van Sant to direct Death Note movie?

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Chocobodude3

Originally it was going to be Shane Black but he dropped out, if the rumor if true then Van Sant will direct Death Note It could work out hopefully. Here

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

That's a strange project for him to work on.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What a coincidence. I just started rewatching Death Note a few days ago. Just got to the part where L dies. I've never seen any of the previous movies, but I love the show, so hopefully this turns out well.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

There is already a Deathnote movie, 3 infact! I prefer the movie's ending to the anime/manga version, no stupid secondery characters messing up the flow and L is around much longer. If you havent seen them try the first two movies (essentially the same movie split into 2), you can ignore the 3rd unless you are an L superfan.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jazz_Bcaz
afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By afabs515

@jazz_bcaz: Couldn't agree more. Although I loved the final two or three episodes. But there is definitely like a 9 or 10 episode stretch that feels super slow and empty without L.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think he's a better pick at least than Shane Black (really, he was the original pick? That seems so strange, Death Note isn't really buddy cop, quippish, material).