#1 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6310 posts) -

It seems like I just hopped on the bandwagon a month ago, but EDM supergroup Swedish House Mafia are breaking up after this next tour. I only recently stumbled upon the fucking bona fide classic known as Greyhound, and quickly discovered their incredible mix from Madison Square Garden after that. I still kick myself for not listening to them earlier as I would've seen them in NYC in a heartbeat if I were only aware. They've got a handful of tour dates for their last shows to be announced in August, but the chances of them going back to America are pretty slim...

There's the official announcement from them. They've all got their own music to make on their own but fuck they made some downright addictive tracks together. I still bang this shit whenever I need to get something done:

And of course they're responsible for this fucking BANGER:

Pay your respects, gentlemen. And enjoy their phenomenal set from Madison Square Garden:

#2 Posted by Fruitcocoa (490 posts) -

Fuck these guys, they compered themselves to the Beatles... As a swede I'm sorry for us letting these guys compare themselves to music.

#3 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

Who?

#4 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

They only had one good track anyway....get it?

#5 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6310 posts) -

I'm just gonna go ahead and ignore that post because I'm not a Beatles fan in the least but even I know I'm fighting a losing battle with this one...

But I'd rather see these guys live any day than the original Beatles line-up in their prime. There, I said it. I don't much care for the Beatles. Talented bunch of musicians for sure, but they could not be farther from my personal tastes. Working Class Hero by John Lennon is the closest I've come to enjoying anything any one of them has created, and I will admit it's a phenomenal song.

#6 Edited by believer258 (12186 posts) -

Sounds like the Wipeout soundtrack.

EDIT: I've listened to almost the entire first song, which doesn't mean I love it but it's faring better than most other electronic music to my ears. The video reminds me of what would happen if one mixed Stargate, The FIfth Element, and LSD.

#7 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (726 posts) -

they sucked. good riddance!

#8 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I personally don't care at all for their music, but one of my favorite bands broke up recently as well.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

#9 Posted by Jace (1094 posts) -

Sad to see them go, I thought they had a lot of potential. Oh well, I'll LIV. See what I did there? :).

#10 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

@RubberBabyBuggyBumpers said:

they sucked. good riddance!

#11 Posted by Ben_H (3430 posts) -
@Vinny_Says said:

Zing.
#12 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

One was the beginning of the end for them. Total charts crap.

I've listened to them for a long time and this is by far one of my favourite sets by any DJ (or group of them) ever:

#13 Posted by TheSlothKing (331 posts) -

Am I supposed to be sad or happy?

#14 Posted by Dexter_Morgan_ (314 posts) -

@Fruitcocoa said:

Fuck these guys, they compered themselves to the Beatles... As a swede I'm sorry for us letting these guys compare themselves to music.

You must sacrifice all your first borns before such a thing can be forgiven.

Seriously though... shitty music, shitty band, shitty shit shitters.

#15 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

Comparing yourself to the Beatles is hardly an intelligent thing to do.

#16 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Sorry for your less, I guess. I've never heard of them myself, but I just had the keyboard player and the drummer leave one of my favorite bands.. so I guess I know how it feels.

#17 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

Aren't these the guys that were accused of being fake like Milli Vanilli?

#18 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

Every time "Save the World" came on my favorite satellite radio station or stream I wished they had never formed. This will have to do.

#19 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

Maybe they'll do a Death From Above 1979 and reunite someday. Aaaaaand that's my segue to talk about DFA1979.

Aren't they just the sickest fuckin' shit? I think you would love them critic if you gave em a listen. That is if you haven't already. They're the dance punk version of Daft Punk and I hope to fucking god they put out some new material one day cause that one album is relentlessly erotic.

Anyway yeah, SHM breaking up is kinda a bummer.

#20 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

my life is oeuvre

#21 Posted by Toxin066 (3326 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

Internet high five. That was pretty good.

#22 Posted by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

I see what you did there!

#23 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I dont want to live on this planet anymore brah

#24 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1297 posts) -

These dudes sound terrible

#25 Edited by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

Maybe they'll do a Death From Above 1979 and reunite someday. Aaaaaand that's my segue to talk about DFA1979. Aren't they just the sickest fuckin' shit? I think you would love them critic if you gave em a listen. That is if you haven't already. They're the dance punk version of Daft Punk and I hope to fucking god they put out some new material one day cause that one album is relentlessly erotic. Anyway yeah, SHM breaking up is kinda a bummer.

Ooh, I know this, I am listening to Black History Month right now ...... do I win anything for having DFA1979 on my iTunes? Am I cool at least?

I am not familiar with SHM, so I am going to move on, other than to say I ldo like a lot of Swedish music and not just ABBA or Ace of Base!

#26 Posted by CookieMonster (2448 posts) -

Both these guys and Pendulum break up? This is a good week for music.

#27 Posted by Nasharoo (61 posts) -

This news stills saddens me, Their album has been teh soundtrack to most of my summers since it's release. At least it's pretty certain they'll each be doing their own projects after. Bit of a strange week for EDM all in all.

#28 Edited by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

Well I think they are garbage but I feel sorry for the people that like this stuff.

@EuanDewar said:

Maybe they'll do a Death From Above 1979 and reunite someday. Aaaaaand that's my segue to talk about DFA1979.

Aren't they just the sickest fuckin' shit? I think you would love them critic if you gave em a listen. That is if you haven't already. They're the dance punk version of Daft Punk and I hope to fucking god they put out some new material one day cause that one album is relentlessly erotic.

Anyway yeah, SHM breaking up is kinda a bummer.

I went and saw Death From Above last year in Edmonton and it was the best show I have ever seen. I have been to a lot of concerts too. God I hope they make some new stuff.

#29 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1233 posts) -

I can't tell if you're trolling or not. Well played.

#30 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@Jace said:

Sad to see them go, I thought they had a lot of potential. Oh well, I'll LIV. See what I did there? :).

Nice try but no Swedish cigarr =P

#31 Posted by BlastProcessing (922 posts) -

GOOD RIDDANCE

#32 Posted by AlexW00d (6435 posts) -

I guess that sucks if you like mainstream electronica?

#33 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (497 posts) -

@CookieMonster said:

Both these guys and Pendulum break up? This is a good week for music.

I like you.

#34 Posted by TobbRobb (4841 posts) -

I was gonna say "WHO"? But I totally have heard of them, at some point.

I think.

Whatever, not my style of music, I won't shed any tears. My condolensces to the people who enjoy their stuff.

#35 Posted by masternater27 (920 posts) -

Eh. I saw them at Coachella this year and it was a great show. I don't really like their music as something I'd listen to outside of seeing them live though. There are much better edm artists for that.

#36 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Uh..ok..

#37 Posted by Popskinz (409 posts) -

As a swede I can safely say I never even listened to these guys.

#38 Posted by Svenzon (729 posts) -

Yeah, I heard. Good riddance!

#39 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5090 posts) -

@Landon said:

Who?

#40 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1212 posts) -

Never heard of them.

#41 Posted by blindisaac (141 posts) -

That is a shame. One less artist to play when I pregame.

#42 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6310 posts) -

@masternater27 said:

Eh. I saw them at Coachella this year and it was a great show. I don't really like their music as something I'd listen to outside of seeing them live though. There are much better edm artists for that.

Coachella's line-up this year seemed absolutely incredible. You west coasters get all the festival luck...

#43 Posted by BigChickenDinner (761 posts) -

Well I'm glad I saw them Live... Multiple times.... I think......

Rolling ballz gotta shuffle till' you puke

#44 Edited by Everyones_A_Critic (6310 posts) -

@BigChickenDinner said:

Well I'm glad I saw them Live... Multiple times.... I think......

Rolling ballz gotta shuffle till' you puke

I want to see them and bring my girl Molly because I'm missing the point of EDM completely and corrupting the scene with my womp drugs.

Nah, but for real, I fucking love that shit. Lucy&Mary&Molly&Bass.

Nah, but really, I fuck with all that shit. Every show. Lucy&Mary&Molly&Bass.

#45 Posted by aurahack (2289 posts) -

I'm considerably less heartbroken by this over Pendulum's breakup. And by "considerably", I mean I really couldn't give any fucks. 'One' is a pretty decent jam, but the rest of their tunes are generic EDM at its finest. Eric Prydz has done infinitely better music since he left, Steve Angello's solo stuff is way more interesting, and I can't even remember the two other members.

It's always sad to see a band go, but apathy is really all I can feel regarding their breakup. :T

#46 Posted by masternater27 (920 posts) -

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

@masternater27 said:

Coachella's line-up this year seemed absolutely incredible. You west coasters get all the festival luck...

Make your own luck. I drove from Seattle to attend. 3200 miles roundtrip! I actually thought the lineup when I went in 2010 was better, but this year was pretty amazing too.

#47 Posted by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

Never heard of them, but that first song sounds familiar.