Had a terrifying day,I almost died.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By teh_destroyer

To begin with,I have Diabetes Type 1 and have had it for almost 12 years now,but today i had the worst and most terrifying experiance with this damn disease.I only know what happend by hearing what the firemen told me and what my best friend and roommate told me what happend.I have had the first day off today in over 8+days so I decided to hang out with my dudes today and take advantage of my free time,we apparantly went to Subway for lunch and I got up to go to the bathroom but as I was told I instead bolted and ran out for the back door,which according to my friend after having a convo with the manager,was supposed to be locked.My 2 friends said they spent a good hour searching for me until they  finally decided to call 911.I woke up and gained concuisness in the back of an ambulance on a stretcher,my face hurt like hell and I had absolutely no idea why I was there.They were finally able to get me back onto my feet,I walked out and found my 4 closest friends waiting patiently and scared on the bench outside of a resturaunt on the other side of the street where we originaly were parked at.The firemen told me my bloodsugar level was below 25,they finally got it back into normal range 30 minutes later at about 120.

I just felt like sharing this to know if any of you giantbombers have gone through this before if you share my same disease,so go ahead and discuss,here is a pic of the aftermath:

look like shit,feel like shit.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By teh_destroyer

To begin with,I have Diabetes Type 1 and have had it for almost 12 years now,but today i had the worst and most terrifying experiance with this damn disease.I only know what happend by hearing what the firemen told me and what my best friend and roommate told me what happend.I have had the first day off today in over 8+days so I decided to hang out with my dudes today and take advantage of my free time,we apparantly went to Subway for lunch and I got up to go to the bathroom but as I was told I instead bolted and ran out for the back door,which according to my friend after having a convo with the manager,was supposed to be locked.My 2 friends said they spent a good hour searching for me until they  finally decided to call 911.I woke up and gained concuisness in the back of an ambulance on a stretcher,my face hurt like hell and I had absolutely no idea why I was there.They were finally able to get me back onto my feet,I walked out and found my 4 closest friends waiting patiently and scared on the bench outside of a resturaunt on the other side of the street where we originaly were parked at.The firemen told me my bloodsugar level was below 25,they finally got it back into normal range 30 minutes later at about 120.

I just felt like sharing this to know if any of you giantbombers have gone through this before if you share my same disease,so go ahead and discuss,here is a pic of the aftermath:

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Best of luck dude, must be tough

But what happened exactly?  Did you hallucinate because of it or was it just strictly a blackout?

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By teh_destroyer
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Best of luck dude, must be tough

But what happened exactly?  Did you hallucinate because of it or was it just strictly a blackout?"
thats the problem,I don't know what the fuck happend.I only know what happend by what they told me.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

Shit, dude, that's rough. I am sorry to hear about that and I know that Diabetes can have these serious effects on the one's affected.  I myself fainted in school about three months ago due to some stupid reason (don't worry, it was nothing serious...just a one-time thing), and I found myself in the middle of the hallway about a few minutes later on my back, where the hall monitor picked me up. It was one of the weirdest things that ever happened to me, and I almost suffered from a concussion from it. My lip was bust and my nose was almost broken. I am glad I didn't get more hurt. Still, it looks like your case was worse. Good luck healing up.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Karmum

So, the red marks on your face are from the low blood sugar or...what? Sounds pretty crazy, regardless.

Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Bonesofwar

What kind of sandwich did you order? I hope you got a BLT with extra mayo, mmm my favorite.

Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Superchris129

You! So you're the guy! You ran up to me screaming something about blood sugar and tried to swipe my mountian dew! Then I had to kick the shit out of you.

OK sorry I'm an asshole. That sucks man. A dude rear-ended me at the college the other day. I know it's not the same, but my neck still hurts...

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By teh_destroyer
Karmum said:
"So, the red marks on your face are from the low blood sugar or...what? Sounds pretty crazy, regardless."
They found me flat on my face next to a resturaunt across the street,thats where the blood came from.
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Dude
teh_destroyer said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:

But what happened exactly?  Did you hallucinate because of it or was it just strictly a blackout?"
thats the problem,I don't know what the fuck happend.I only know what happend by what they told me."
With Diabetes, or hypoglycemia, it is not uncommon (if the person lets their blood sugar get bad enough) for them to black out almost as if they were drunk. They can either pass out, seize, heart attack, or wig out. I have hypoglycemia and I have passed out from it, fortunately nothing to bad happend. However I have heard stories of people (without knowing) ripping off their clothes and running around, or crazy things like that, that they never recall, they are just told in the hospital.
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Dude

By the way, its good that you are okay now.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Superchris129 said:
 A dude rear-ended me at the college the other day. I know it's not the same, but my neck still hurts..."
Dude did you just come out of the closet ! 
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince

Your story confused me, but best of luck dude. Hope it doesn't happen again.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By teh_destroyer
The_Dude said:
"teh_destroyer said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:

thats the problem,I don't know what the fuck happend.I only know what happend by what they told me."
With Diabetes, or hypoglycemia, it is not uncommon (if the person lets their blood sugar get bad enough) for them to black out almost as if they were drunk. They can either pass out, seize, heart attack, or wig out. I have hypoglycemia and I have passed out from it, fortunately nothing to bad happend. However I have heard stories of people (without knowing) ripping off their clothes and running around, or crazy things like that, that they never recall, they are just told in the hospital."
From what the firemen told me,other witnesses said that they thought I was really drunk,thank God I didn't rip off my clothes as another user mentioned >_>
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac

If your face weren't beat the hell up, you'd be a pretty handsome dude. Just an observation.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Arkthemaniac said:
"If your face weren't beat the hell up, you'd be a pretty handsome dude. Just an observation."
another one coming out of the closet :P

That makes 2 today .....
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I might be gay . . .

Betta watch out.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By teh_destroyer
LiquidPrince said:
"Your story confused me, but best of luck dude. Hope it doesn't happen again."
Like I said,I am only going by what they told me what happend.I am as confused by it as you are.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422

Sounds pretty shitty dude, best of luck that it doesn't occur again.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By JoelTGM

Wow that's nuts.  So you just lose control and then wake up like that later?  Damn.  I didn't know diabetes was like that.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By serbsta

Esshhh, thats not good. Good luck with that man. Glad youre ok.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Red

Ouch. The closest I came to death was choking on an icecube, which thankfully melted enough so I could cough it out.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By c1337us

Wow thats fuckin' rough man. I havent had any sort of diabetic (other ailment) issue before. So I dont really know what its like living with that. 

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Sorry to hear this, dude. My mom actually has diabetes as well, it's a pretty serious thing. I'm glad you're okay. They have blood sugar meters so you can check the range, but you said you've had it for 12 years, so I imagine you have one. Maybe you should start carrying one around with you at all times. My mom has to check hers pretty often and watch what she eats. She's never had any instances where she's passed out like that, though, but yeah, it can totally get deadly. Also, there are symptoms people experience that kind of lets them know if their blood sugar is too low or high. It might also be wise to educate your friends on your condition, so in the case of an emergency, they can help you out.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheFreeMan

Damn man, that sounds pretty rough. I hope you have the luck to not go through something like it again.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I am really sorry to hear that , looks like you have to be more careful about your blood sugar

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RetroIce4

Sucks. Sorry to hear that. I hate bad days...

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gunswordfist

I'm just glad to hear that you are okay, my friend. How are you holding up now?

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By TomA
ZombieHunter said:
"Superchris129 said:
 A dude rear-ended me at the college the other day. I know it's not the same, but my neck still hurts..."
Dude did you just come out of the closet ! "
lol
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By End_Boss

Is it bad that I want to know what you did to fuck your face up? I mean, don't get me wrong: huge bummer. But still, the morbid curiosity in me remains unsatisfied. =(

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wolverine
teh_destroyer said:
"To begin with,I have Diabetes Type 1 and have had it for almost 12 years now,but today i had the worst and most terrifying experiance with this damn disease.I only know what happend by hearing what the firemen told me and what my best friend and roommate told me what happend.I have had the first day off today in over 8+days so I decided to hang out with my dudes today and take advantage of my free time,we apparantly went to Subway for lunch and I got up to go to the bathroom but as I was told I instead bolted and ran out for the back door,which according to my friend after having a convo with the manager,was supposed to be locked.My 2 friends said they spent a good hour searching for me until they  finally decided to call 911.I woke up and gained concuisness in the back of an ambulance on a stretcher,my face hurt like hell and I had absolutely no idea why I was there.They were finally able to get me back onto my feet,I walked out and found my 4 closest friends waiting patiently and scared on the bench outside of a resturaunt on the other side of the street where we originaly were parked at.The firemen told me my bloodsugar level was below 25,they finally got it back into normal range 30 minutes later at about 120.

"
Wow that is tough man, feel better. How did you get hurt though. I don't get it?