Enjoy. :3

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ramone

Can someone explain to me how this isn't youtube spam? I know Hamst3r is a valued member of the community but surely that doesn't mean he break the rules that the rest of us have to follow.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By kindgineer

@Hamst3r: Very neat stuff. Also, at the risk of sounding awkward, you have a very pleasing voice. It's easy to listen to you and enjoyable. Keep up the good work!

@Ramone said:

Can someone explain to me how this isn't youtube spam? I know Hamst3r is a valued member of the community but surely that doesn't mean he break the rules that the rest of us have to follow.

I don't know if it holds, but it's a blog-post so maybe it doesn't matter. Also, a respected member of a community generally get's write-off's and deserves them as well. It's like a reward for hard-work to not be instantly questioned or flagged.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By crazyleaves

@Ramone:

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Ramone said:

He's not linking you to some random video - he created it. So the next time Hamster creates a Giantbomb community video and posts that on the forums - is that considered youtube spam as well?

I think it's fine. There's a clear difference between "Hey guys check this video out!" and "Hey guys, I just made this and wanted to share it with you".

PS: This game looks awesome.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ramone

@Castermhief117 said:

@Ramone said:

He's not linking you to some random video - he created it. So the next time Hamster creates a Giantbomb community video and posts that on the forums - is that considered youtube spam as well?

I think it's fine. There's a clear difference between "Hey guys check this video out!" and "Hey guys, I just made this and wanted to share it with you".

PS: This game looks awesome.

OK, but I'm fairly sure that I've seen people with a lot less GB fame get their threads locked when they do the exact same thing with a video they created.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Ramone said:

Hamst3r is the unofficial Giant Bomb sound guy. His work has been stapled to the front page of the site by the staff for almost a year. While this would normally constitute youtube spam, Hamst3r is an exception because his work is exceptional. You can call that favouritism or hypocrisy or whatever you want. It's still happening.

Also, we have always tried to leave open threads for people to showcase their work as long as it's being posted for the Giant Bomb community and not just to score easy youtube hits. So, really, there is already a strong precedent for this to remain open.

EDIT: Please send any replies regarding this matter to me by PM so we can keep this thread on-topic. Replies posted in this thread will be removed.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Brunchies

Nice game but I wait for the day that you find another game like octodad.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Hamst3r

PART 3!

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers