#1 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -

November is home to both Premature Awareness and Diabetes month. (And I'm pretty sure my English said it's "Write a Novel Month" as well.) I'm not saying that these aren't serious issues, of course they are, but do you really need a month dedicated to them? This goes for just about everything that has a month dedicated. I don't know, it just seems silly to me. What you do guys think?

#2 Posted by SlowHands (347 posts) -

I'm diabetic, so obviously I'm biased.  It would have helped me greatly during the time before my diagnosis if the symptoms and whatever were repeatedly mentioned in various places.  So... I agree with it really.

#3 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

What you need, is a month dedicated to moustaches. Which November is. Diabetes and premature awareness can find some other period of time to increase this socalled awareness.

There's only room for one. NOVEMBER IS TAKEN.

#4 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

I'm too busy growing an awesome beard for prostate cancer while writing a novel and wearing breast cancer awareness brooches to handle diabetes and premature awareness this November. 

Check back January.

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#6 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6988 posts) -
#7 Posted by teh_destroyer (3566 posts) -

I am a type 1 diabetes, it is silly, they don't need to remind me that I am stuck with a shitty disease. Although, I get a insulin pump next week :)