#1 Posted by Commando (1878 posts) -

12/21/2012. That's the end of the world, remember? So how will you spend the last year of existence?

Will you lose your virginity? Will you pray? WIll you go on a rampage and hold your coworkers/classmates hostage? Or will you just laugh at the thought and keep on living your life?

I'll just keep living my life since the past "end of the world" days turned out to be nothing.

But happy one year until the end of the world! And look at the bright side, at least we'll get to play Halo 4 before the world ends!

#2 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I fear idiots are going to do some dumb shit and the media is going to cover it. This year is going to be the worst.

#3 Posted by BaconGames (3358 posts) -

Way to remind me how fucking stupid 2012 is going to be with that bullshit. Fuck.

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

The 00's where actualy a credible threat, why can't we have more out of date nuclear missle software

#5 Posted by Hailinel (24257 posts) -

@Dany said:

I fear idiots are going to do some dumb shit and the media is going to cover it. This year is going to be the worst.

This. It's not the end of the world. The Mayan calendar is just resetting. But hell, 2012's annoyances are going to make those idiots that really thought the Rapture was this year look like nothing.

#6 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

Haha I'm going to graduate college by the time the world ends. Wonderful, so no matter what my degree will be useless.

Luckily all of this 2012 stuff is horse shit.

#7 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

At least I'll get to play the Wii U by then. Do it right, Nintendo!

#8 Posted by Chalian (216 posts) -

Ima Fuck Bitches :)

#9 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

Disregard females, acquire currency

#10 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Hey, this time next year is a pretty good excuse to party....

#11 Posted by Herocide (440 posts) -

@Dany said:

Naw man. I've seen some things, maaaaaannnnn! Planet X is gonna crash into Mother Earth, MANNNNN.

#12 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5253 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite will be out by then, so it's all good.

#13 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2146 posts) -

I'll have watched The Dark Knight Rises and beaten Mass Effect 3, so I'll be able to die happily.

#14 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i'll be posting here. it's something that i will probably do even if i knew officially that it was my last day.

#15 Posted by Chris2KLee (2332 posts) -

@Dany said:

God I know, it's gonna be like that rapture thing this year, but probably 10 times worst because of all the bad jokes about it.

#16 Posted by Muerthoz (347 posts) -

It's the day after my birthday so next year we're planning a big "Birthday to End the World" party. I really shouldn't say WE since a bunch of co-workers came up to me today and said they were planning everything and I just need to show up next year.

#17 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that the only reason the myan calendar ends in 2012 is because they ran out of room to write more on where ever it is written. All the same its not ending its just resetting. I will just continue to live my life, but imagine some foor that actually does do something stupid, they are going to feel like dicks in 2013.

#18 Edited by Stonyman65 (2656 posts) -

Wasn't it originally May 6th, 2012 that was the End of Days until someone, fairly recently, said "no, its December 21st 2012"?

So which one is it motherfucker?

#19 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

@CptChiken said:

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that the only reason the myan calendar ends in 2012 is because they ran out of room to write more on where ever it is written. All the same its not ending its just resetting. I will just continue to live my life, but imagine some foor that actually does do something stupid, they are going to feel like dicks in 2013.

I burnt down my house because I thought the world was ending and it would be cool!

#20 Posted by Shirogane (3566 posts) -

Urgh, 1 year? Not...enough...time.

Plan is behind schedule. None of you guys happen to want to help me out here would you?

#21 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

In fairness, the Mayan doomsday prediction holds a bit more weight than some random guy claiming he's figured out a code in the Bible that tells him when the world is going to end.. especially after he was wrong twice before.

However, the Mayans never said the world was going to end, and these silly rumours need to stop. It began because of a mis-translation by a hack researcher and was spread pretty much as a joke, much like when people said the LHC would open up a black hole and destroy the planet. If you're taken it at all seriously, try doing some research on the matter.

At most, the Mayans said there would be some kind of "change" (which is vague enough to mean anything, but is likely as simple as meaning the new year is coming). But definitely nothing about complete and utter destruction. The Mayan calendar resets after each cycle, and 2012 is no different. The fact the calander hasn't been updated shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

#22 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

It came and passed and we barely survived.

#23 Posted by CrunchbiteJr (113 posts) -

It's going to be a long year.

#24 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@Skytylz said:

@CptChiken said:

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that the only reason the myan calendar ends in 2012 is because they ran out of room to write more on where ever it is written. All the same its not ending its just resetting. I will just continue to live my life, but imagine some foor that actually does do something stupid, they are going to feel like dicks in 2013.

I burnt down my house because I thought the world was ending and it would be cool!

well i bet you feel foolish dont you.
#25 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Well it's about damn time.

#26 Posted by Ksaw (342 posts) -

@Chalian said:

sure you are...

#27 Posted by dudeglove (7719 posts) -

You mean we'll all get to finally have one big orgy together?

#28 Posted by RJMacReady (346 posts) -

Remember all the infrastructure damage adn societal chaos unleashed by Y2K ? Neither do I.

#29 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

@Chalian said:

Aw yea

#30 Posted by CoolYetiDance (72 posts) -

Turn on my swagger and party every night! (or eat steak. steak's good....)

#31 Posted by Daroki (709 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Dany said:

This. It's not the end of the world. The Mayan calendar is just resetting.

I think the Mayans are going to do what I do when their calendar runs out. Get a new calendar. :)

#32 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

The world was going to end, but then it took an arrow in the knee.

That's right motherfuckers. I was first. Remember this shit. REMEMBER THIS SHIT!!!

I would like to think I will have gotten laid before that point, but I'm antisocial as fuck and can't talk to ladies for shirt. So, yeah.

Occupy Loneliness 2012! We can be Forever Alone - Together.

#33 Posted by OtakuGamer (1226 posts) -

I like the laugh at the thought and keep on living my life option.

#34 Posted by Ramone (2960 posts) -

I wonder what stupid excuse people are going to use when the world doesn't end.

#35 Posted by TobbRobb (4587 posts) -

@Dany said:

To be fair, thats every year.

#36 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3131 posts) -

Boning.

#37 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I've already done all those things! Damn!

I suppose if you've been confined to your house, and been watching nothing but The History Channel every day, you probably would be dumb enough to believe this shit. I, however, enjoy using my brain.

#38 Posted by thevigilanteoflove (504 posts) -

I can't believe people are still trying to deny that the end of the world won't happen in 2012. All of the signs are there and the evidence is crystal clear.

#39 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -
@thevigilanteoflove said:

I can't believe people are still trying to deny that the end of the world won't happen in 2012. All of the signs are there and the evidence is crystal clear.

You're right, with the Antichrist (Obama) in power it's a matter of when not if.
#40 Posted by 1337W422102 (1009 posts) -

@Dany said:

As long as they kill themselves in the process, I'm all for it.

#41 Posted by Akeldama (4244 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

Bioshock Infinite will be out by then, so it's all good.

is it sad that that was all I was thinking about next year?

"At least I can play Infinite by then"

#42 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

I like to think that the guy making the calendars for the Mayans just got tired of making calendars...

#43 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

The prophecy was set into motion when JFK shot Lincoln. Remember to put on your tinfoil hats and pray to the Sun God for forgiveness. Maybe we'll all be saved when The Chosen One eats the Taco of Destiny (TM) and wins the final battle against Mark Harmon. It was foretold, and so it shall be.

You can read all about it in L. Ron Hubbard's book "Douchebaggery (and you can too!)"

...Seriously, why do people think this is such a huge deal?

#44 Posted by beckley205 (310 posts) -

One week to watch the Hobbit. Im good.

#45 Posted by Ben99 (1135 posts) -

really? gotta get laid, buy a Porsche and umm skateboard.

#46 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

The Mayans sucked at telling time.

#47 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

People should be more concerned about this year, I just went and checked my calendar and there's nothing beyond December...

#48 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Sandwich-board time.

#49 Posted by Christoffer (1786 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

However, the Mayans never said the world was going to end, and these silly rumours need to stop.

Yup I agree. People mistranslating old stuff is a sickness in our culture.

#50 Posted by Chemin (632 posts) -

I would love to see some shitheads fuck things up a bit over the year. I would make for interesting arguments against superstitious bullshit.