Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

This courtesy of G-Man on ComicVine:

Harrison Ford Ready For Indiana Jones 5
Added by G-Man on Sept. 15, 2009

We had to wait nineteen years between Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade and Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.  It looks like we won't have to wait as long for the next movie.  Crystal Skull might have had moments where the plot was a bit of a stretch, but I still found it entertaining.  The biggest complaint I heard was the inclusion of aliens.  I don't see how it's too far off when you think of events that happened in Raiders Of The Lost Ark.  There was also the Fate Of Atlantis video game to think about.  To me, it was just another adventure.

People reported that Harrison Ford, now 67, is ready for yet another adventure as Indiana Jones.  It turns out he's not the only one that's ready.  The plot for the next film is currently being worked on.   Ford recently informed France's Le Figaro:

The story for the new Indiana Jones is in the process of taking form. Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and myself are agreed on what the fifth adventure will concern, and George is actively at work. If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again.

What will that next adventure entail?  We'll have to wait to hear about that.  From reports, it sounds like Shia LaBeouf is still on board to reprise the role of Indiana's son, Mutt Williams.

What are your thoughts on another Indy movie?  Are they pushing it by making another one?  Do you want to see Indiana's son take over the spotlight?  Do you think we'll see how Indiana loses an eye and finger (as seen in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles).  What type of adventure would you like to see Indy take on next? 

ComicVine

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By EdIsCool

Oh Christ NO!!!!!!!!!!!
eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By eirikr

I hope it's a prequel to Crystal Skull so that Mutt Williams is nowhere near the film.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty
@Eirikr said:
" I hope it's a prequel to Crystal Skull so that Mutt Williams is nowhere near the film. "
I hope it's a sequel to Crystal Skull so the character of Indy can be old, but Mutt Williams dies at the start.
eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By eirikr
@Bigandtasty: I would be cool with that too! But I think that's less likely.

Go the Temple of Doom route, where the second movie of a trilogy is set a year before the first film. The inclusion of a family for Indy just for me kills a lot of the mystique and awesome badassness of the character. I don't care how old he is, there's still only one Indiana Jones.
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By GunstarRed

maybe he'll shoot someone in this one.  he seems to be completely incapable of firing a gun inthe last movie.

just watched crystal skull recently again... the film is actually brilliant up to a point... but as soon as  they leave that tomb after an overly long exposition scene everything good seems to be erased.  I think i'd prefer it if they just made something up like they did for doom... 

and short round  even if its just a cameo would be nice.
Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Yes. This. 

When Shia LeBeouf almost put on the fedora in Crystal Skull, I was screaming inside.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yes please, I don't care how people hate these movies like the new Indy, Rambo, etc. We need as many of them as possible while the actors are still capable, it's too bad we didn't get more while they were younger but they aint out of the picture yet, and nobody will fill their shoes better than they do. Can you imagine a new Indy movie without Ford and just Shia?! Too bad we didn't get more Arnie before he became a politician, I also hope we get more Jackie Chan too among others. We need more of these action greats before they're too old because none of the new ones are as good. Well, I 'loved' Diesel in the two Riddick movies but not in his later parts, I hope we get much more Riddick too :-)

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By GunstarRed
@Al3xand3r:
arnie was making absolutely terrible films  like collateral damage and that one about the clones .... I think it's best he stopped when he did.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ

Look, as long as they don't nuke the fridge again, I'm okay with another Jones movie

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eric_buck

Hopefully Shia LaBeouf becomes the new Indiana Jones, he's a good actor...

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lowbrow

Indiana Jones and the Search for the Ointment

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Crystal Skull was terrible. Please no more!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Willy105

Awesome!

If it's as good as Crystal Skull, I'm seeing this day one!!!

@Bigandtasty:
Mutt Williams is supposed to takeover the series when Harrison Ford leaves.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#15  Edited By citizenkane

They should just leave this franchise alone.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Lashe

Do. Not. Want.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Willy105

Why do people here are saddened by these news? Isn't this awesome? Did I miss something?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By AhmadMetallic

fuck that

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By teh_destroyer

Spielberg must really like Shia, like how Scott really likes Russell Crowe..........

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I'd be cautiously optimistic if it didn't have that turd pile LeBouf in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@marioncobretti said:
just watched crystal skull recently again... the film is actually brilliant up to a point...

When your film substitutes "jump the shark" with "nuke the fridge", I think you've lost any claim to brilliance.  

Crystal Skull was horrible. This is going to be the Attack of the Clones to Crystal Skull's Phantom Menace, if you catch my drift.
basal1sk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By basal1sk

maybe in the next one it will just be 2 hours of apology for the film prior
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iam3green

i hope that they come back to Connecticut to film another movie. back in 07 they came to CT to film a part of crystal skull. they filmed it at Yale university. they filmed the part where Harrison and leboaf left a dinner. they  rode a motorcycle down a road and entered a library.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Deusoma

Yeah, screw the popular opinion, I liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and think that Shia LaBeouf is a decent enough actor.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By WitchHunter_Z
@AgentJ said:
" Look, as long as they don't nuke the fridge again, I'm okay with another Jones movie "
Nah, the whole plot should center on finding where the Russians are keeping the magical nuke-proof fridge. Oh, and triple Shia LaBeof screen-time please, plus Hayden Christensen should appear as Indy's second son so the three can team up together.
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By Evilsbane

I thought Indy 4 was great it takes its side as my third favorite Jones movie. And if anyone cares i like em in this order:

Last Crusade - Raiders - Crystal Skull - Doom  (Love them all though!)