#1 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

I am trying to find one in my size, it's had to communicate with the sellers, but at somewhere between an american L, and XL because of my arm length I am hoping that one of these XXXL's in Chinese sizes will fit me fine, based on the size chart it would seem they should fit like a glove, but one seller said based on my height and weight I may not fit.

I know it's random, but I can't find much info on this.

#2 Posted by Brodehouse (9598 posts) -

Like the ones with the buckle or whatever at the top and the two rows of buttons?

#3 Edited by big_jon (5709 posts) -
#4 Posted by Brodehouse (9598 posts) -

I don't know shit about that!

Just buy the really big one and then get your mom to stitch it up to fit.

#5 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

Under no circumstances buy that or anything from a korean or chinese ebay seller, go to a store instead. The shirt in the picture wont ever be the one you get and wont ever be well made or fit well. Try american apparel or other well known retailers, even though you pay more than double what that one costs, it will last at least twice as long and look better I guarantee it.

#6 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

I just roll my sleeves up when they're too short. There's no such thing as a shirt that fits my torso but also has the right length arms.

#7 Edited by McShank (1629 posts) -

That shit looks like it would be worth the effort. Try for the larger size and go from there, hell its only 15$.

#8 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Well in the end I went to a local store and saw that they had what I wanted in the 'Slim fit' thing, here is what I ended up with. 75$ for the pants, 85$ for the shirt.

Casual
And dress

I really like what I ended up with, the shirt will also be tailored to fit me a bit better as in the picture it is just pinned up to look like it's tailored.

#9 Edited by altngr (49 posts) -

Shirt looks pretty good!

I have similar troubles finding slim fit dress shirts. I ended up finding a local tailor that does made-to-measure shirts at a decent price. Maybe you could find something similar for the future?

#10 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

@altngr: That's pretty much what I ended up doing, I am really happy with the results, it is great to have a shirt that really fits you, you know?

#11 Posted by altngr (49 posts) -

@big_jon: It is definitely great! My issue with shirts is that I'm too skinny for my height (looking to change this), so even slim fit shirts sometimes have too much fabric around the middle.

The place I ended up at took my measurements and made shirts from scratch, rather than tailor an existing shirt. If you find the right place it's a bit cheaper, even.

#12 Edited by big_jon (5709 posts) -

@altngr said:

@big_jon: It is definitely great! My issue with shirts is that I'm too skinny for my height (looking to change this), so even slim fit shirts sometimes have too much fabric around the middle.

The place I ended up at took my measurements and made shirts from scratch, rather than tailor an existing shirt. If you find the right place it's a bit cheaper, even.

Huh, that's actually pretty neat, good that you found a place that works for you.

I really hate how puffy standard dress shirts are, I don't see why people want to walk around in parachutes.

#13 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

$75 for pants and $85 for a shirt? Good grief... I don't even pay that much for shoes or clothes combined! I must be living in the stone age or something because that's too damn high priced for me. I hope you have a good job or something to afford expensive things like that.

#14 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -
#15 Posted by B_Heart (180 posts) -

You look sharp! Nice colors as well. It feels good to actually wear something that is custom fitted to you. Nice!

#16 Edited by big_jon (5709 posts) -

@b_heart: Thank you very much, and yeah it really does, it actually feels like it's yours.

@tireyo643: It's only for special occasions and I wanted nice clothes that looked particularly good. After all, what is the point of the amount of effort I put into my body both diet and exercise wise if I don't get to look good at my best dressed, having tailored clothes that fit my 'style' are something that I have always wanted, so I went and did it finally. Higher quality shirts and pants are more money but they will last a long while too. These can also be machine washed and dried, and are anti wrinkle.

@jasonr86: The key is to smoke cigarettes while looking like you don't care, while being Asian.