#1 Posted by mikeeegeee (1562 posts) -

I know it was just released today, so I don't expect many of you have, but I'm really curious about it. Everything I've read about it says that it's slow paced and incredibly grim but with some very striking messages. I've also heard that the movie produced some of the best acting of the year. I love stuff like this, but lots of people have also said that after one viewing, you probably won't want to see it again on account of its grim nature.

Can anyone weigh in on this? It may be one of those I end up going to see by myself.

#2 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -

Dave saw it recently. Via his Twitter:   

Saw the road while in palm springs for tg. Excellent. 

I trust his opinion in films so I'm gonna say it's at least decent. It looks pretty cool so I'll probably watch it eventually as well.

#3 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

While the road is a smooth ride at the beginning, the farther you drive  the more potholes become noticeable, and this road could definitely use some construction.

I haven't actually seen it.

#4 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

I saw it on Monday thanks to a preview showing and my GOD is it ever good. Yes, it's grim, no, it's not an action movie, and yes, easily best acting of the year.  Go see it.

#5 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

It looks like a very interesting film. Not the typical "end of the world" movie. *cough*2012*cough*

I'm probably gonna check it out. That is if they are showing it here. I've heard that they aren't showing it in many cinemas and people are having a hard time watching it.

#6 Edited by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

The book is a fantastic read. I'm confident The Road has to be the best movie based on a book in theaters now.

#7 Posted by Zicdab (388 posts) -
@EpicSteve: I read the book too and it apparently won a pulitzer prize.  I expect the movie to be great.
#8 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@Twilight said:
" It looks like a very interesting film. Not the typical "end of the world" movie. *cough*2012*cough*  I'm probably gonna check it out. That is if they are showing it here. I've heard that they aren't showing it in many cinemas and people are having a hard time watching it. "
Yep, apparently not a theater within a hundred miles of me is showing it.  Shame, I was really looking forward to it.
#9 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6299 posts) -

It's hardly playing here in Massachusetts so I'll probably be forced to wait until DVD...unless it gets a wider release. I definitely did not expect the release to be this limited after the amount of advertizing it's gotten, but I guess the Weinstein Company really has seen better days. It's a shame, really.

#10 Posted by TurkeyFuckinSandwich (1 posts) -

Anybody saw the topless scene?

#11 Edited by TheKittenMaster (22 posts) -

I read the book a few years back, and was excited for the movie. I guess I lost interest eventually and never saw the movie. I need to watch it, though.

#12 Posted by Xolare (1284 posts) -

@TurkeyFuckinSandwich said:

This is what you bumped a 2 year old thread for? Really? Are you eight?

#13 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

@Xolare said:

Pretty sure that name is technically against the TOS, too. How were you bumming around for the scene and this is where you showed up? Also, probably the worst first post ever.

#14 Posted by Strife777 (1581 posts) -

@Xolare said:

Isn't the internet great?

#15 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

@Strife777 said:

@Xolare said:

Why yes it is.

#16 Posted by Dexter_Morgan_ (314 posts) -

#17 Posted by OperationPrometheus (78 posts) -

Hahahaha did he seriously make an account JUST to bump a two-year old thread.

@Redbullet685 said:

@Strife777 said:

@Xolare said:

Why yes it is.

Yes, the interwebz are just a blessing upon us all. The intelligence here makes Stephen Hawking look like a dumbass.

#18 Posted by Begilerath (175 posts) -

Anyway...Yeah The Road is great I saw not long ago and loved it. Also anyone else got the feeling that The Last of Us is inspired by this movie?