• 100 results
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Now I don't know about you, but I hardly watch Television at all, the only shows I really watch on TV is when X Factor is on and Britians Got Talent and occasionaly Family Guy. I tend to need a pallete change when I stop doing somthing, so I can go to Games to my laptop cause I'm going to switch from playing somthing to watching somthing. (Most of my time on the internet is spent watching videos on You-Tube and Giant Bomb.) So because of this I can't go from Laptop to TV, that is not the only reason though, I may have a billion channels avaible to me at all times (In My Room) but TV kinda sucks.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Kjellm87

nope

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf

I woudln't say the internet has killed it. I would say that that the internet is forcing the TV industry to adapt though.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hizang

You-Tube allows you to watch alot of TV shows compleltey free on Youtube, Shameless is a good example, I've watched pretty much every episode You-Tube as its easier than watching it on TV.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By HadesTimes

All most but the monster is still gasping it's final breaths.  The internet needs to go in for the kill!

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MrKlorox

Definitively? Not yet. Though we would have dropped cable years ago if there was a decent ISP in our area.

In fact, I watch more "TV" (22 or 45 minute episodes produced in a series, not necessarily delivered through channels) than I ever have since Hulu and Netflix and BitTorrent have become common. Much like iTunes hasn't killed the record industry, but saved it.

flannelbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By flannelbeard

tv killed tv. tv is all reality shows that i can't stand and commercials. so i stopped watching tv.

the internet, and netflix in particular, just provides a way to actually watch the shows i want when i want and without the frustration of watching commercials 40% of the time.
HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By HadesTimes
@flannelbeard: preach on brother. Nice!
Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Surkov

If it wasn't for live sports, I wouldn't need cable.

The only shows I watch on a regular basis are The Daily Show and maybe The Colbert Report if I have time.  Both those I can watch on the web for free the next day. 
ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By ptys

No, the internet has killed society!!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By JJOR64

It has for me.  I rarely watch TV anymore.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Doctorchimp

It will....eventually....

Really the one thing killing cable tv's credibility and value....are the CABLE COMPANIES above all else.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By EVO

I typed this on a laptop in front of a TV.

Sprizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Sprizmo

I personally have no use for television. Between Hulu, Netflix AdultSwim.com and a variety of other sites, all of my viewing needs are covered. I don't need to spend 50 extra bones on 120 channels of cooking shows and Shark Whisperers. Cable depends heavily on sports for which luckily I have no interest.

Anyways, you'll find that Television and Internet are steadily merging into a singular entity.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Daveyo520

For me it has.

Hzaife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hzaife

I for one have no cable service in my home, i rely on the internet for all my TV now.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Not at all.

Maybe some people on here watch their shows on the internet, but I imagine most people still prefer to sit down and watch T.V. like they always have.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By grilledcheez

Pretty much. If I want to watch a tv show, I just wait to watch it on Hulu the next day.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By JJWeatherman

I hardly ever watch TV anymore, and I'm always online.

I say... kinda?
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iam3green

no, i still watch tv. i don't know what i would do if i didn't have tv. sometimes i'll turn it off because there is nothing on but still. yes, commercials are annoying to hear and watch but it gets money and more money to companies. one reason to have them is to get people to buy the product, like if you are hungry and see a commercial for taco bell. you are probably going to go to taco to buy some food there.

i watch the same shows over and over. i really only watch good shows after 6pm. i watch simpsons until 7 and then two and a half men. i'll play video games until 10 and then watch what ever is on, south park, tosh.0, auction hunters.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Quacktastic

The Internet is hurting TV, but since the cable companies also control your internet - they will probably throttle everyone before they let normal cable TV die.
I've been reading a ton of anti-netflix/pro-bandwidth cap stuff going around lately and I'm sure the sources are a lot rich people who are a little less rich right now.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pinworm45

No.

Will it? Yep.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By raviolisumo

I'm the same, but I think it's an incredibly specific thing to nerds.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By penguindust

No, and it won't if the cable and other internet service providers keep placing download caps on broadband service.  How can you watch TV over the internet when you've got a cap and then the cable company threatens to turn off your service for a year if you go over twice? 

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Sayishere

Yes and no, theres shows i can watch on TV, but watching TV at a certain time is dead. I just record shows and watch them when i have time (e.g when im eating dinner) i wouldnt say internet has completetly killed it of but i assume some change is afoot.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#26  Edited By Yummylee

Just need to wait for the ''Internet Killed the TV Star'' pop song, then we'll know for sure.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By lord_canti

well tv killed the radio star

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 1337W422102

Television killed itself.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Illmatic

Not for me. I still watch a good amount of television. I prefer plopping myself on a couch in front of my television to watch my shows rather than watching them online unless I absolutely have to. It is good for catching up on shows that I may have gotten into late, but the moment I'm all caught up to the point where I can watch the show on the television instead, I immediately make the switch.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vexxan

For me it kinda has. I didn't watch much TV before and even less now that I can access most things that I'm interested in online. 

JasonLeeson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JasonLeeson

The rate of growth of TV in the last ten years, compared with, say, video games and the internet, is so small that TV might SEEM like is being killed.

However yes, for us gamers is really is going that way. I think we can all name people that weren't into gaming growing up as kids that have now been engulfed by it's wider reaching appeal.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Hizang said:

Now I don't know about you, but I hardly watch Television at all, the only shows I really watch on TV is when X Factor is on and Britians Got Talent and occasionaly Family Guy.

Ugh, God. Why would you admit that?
Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gregomasta

Not yet.   I still want a source of constant sound and light to fill the void in my solitude and pc doesn't do that, yet.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By laserbolts
I only watch tv for the hockey.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hizang
@MysteriousBob said:
@Hizang said:

Now I don't know about you, but I hardly watch Television at all, the only shows I really watch on TV is when X Factor is on and Britians Got Talent and occasionaly Family Guy.

Ugh, God. Why would you admit that?

I don't know if you know, but theres this guy who can hold multiple buckets on his head, thats what I call a talent!
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The television industry really has to adapt. Neilson ratings are awful, and they kill off potential money-making machines (not to mention quality programming), when in reality the same show may garner many times more downloads than live viewers (not to mention dvd sales).

Living in the UK, shows here air months afterwards (usually), so if you want to keep up your main option is the internet (saying that, I'll almost always buy the boxset on release). If they were to release episodes across the internet soon after release - even if it required subscription - I would happily pay. They'd also likely gather many more viewers.

Consider the MK machinima show; in that format, when you needn't watch at a specific time, something which may not necessarily have got over 6 million viewers now has the opportunity to.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By luce

I think its a "Digital killed Print" situation where thats not really true at all. There are people who still prefer print, just not nearly as much. Same with television. Both can co-exist

L4Dplaya19103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By L4Dplaya19103

CTFxC FTW

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By James_ex_machina

Not entirely. The DVR & Netflix killed LIVE TV for me and I'm sure it does the same for others.

I became so addicted to watching stuff without commercials and being able to watch it on MY time that I rarely watch LIVE TV. Football, the Phillies and the rare show that I can't wait for the DVD or streaming I will watch LIVE(ex: The Killing, Breaking Bad). My gf's cable bill is $120 a month and she watches TruTV, AMC, A&E, and (rolling eyes) QVC. 4 channels out of hundreds. WTF? Netflix plus my internet service cost me half that and I have more choices.

I'm not opposed to watching commercials but I hate the BLARING volume commercials and commercials for products that I don't care about. I would skip through commercials for  The Killing(ONDemand) but I actually watched every repeat of the Portal 2 commercials. If the advertisements were something I cared about I would watch. Guitar companies, music equipment, bands on tour, album releases,  Apple products, video games, wireless gadgets, hot sauces, and micro beers are products I care about. I only buy a car every 5 years and I like VW's so Ford, Chevy, etc etc mean nothing to me. Cleaning supplies - don't care. Processed foods - don't f'n care. 

The other great thing about streaming(and DVR service) is I can watch my TV shows when I want. I can stop to take a call, or watch it over two nights. I think peoples lives are so busy and technology has changed the way people watch TV and the Nielson ratings don't work anymore. 
RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By RobotHamster

I wouldn't say killed it but it has made it irrelevant to many people.  I don't have cable and haven't had it for months, the only thing i miss watching is sports, especially now during the playoffs.  Many things I do like watching end up on the internet anyway so thanks to hulu and netflix.  

Also, whenever I go to someones house and watch TV I realize, yeah I'm not missing out on much.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Meowshi

It's killed Live TV.  Honestly, with my DVR and Hulu, I never watch anything live.  

I honestly don't know how ratings work, but I know tons of my favorite shows on only popular online/recorded, and that they have abysmally low ratings otherwise.  They need a new way to calculate this shit, because I'm tired of good shows getting canceled because networks don't understand how modern audiences watches television.  
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By toowalrus

Well let's see.

Nope, there's still TV.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mracoon

These days I'm watching more TV on my laptop then on a television. With stuff such as iPlayer and other on demand services I can watch programmes when it suits me rather than when it's on a schedule.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gamefreak9

Video killed the radiostar!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WinterSnowblind

No.  Bandwidth caps and lack of availability of things like Hulu or Netflix in most countries will prevent it happening for a long time, probably not even in our lifetime.

But eventually?  Probably.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#46  Edited By natetodamax

I used to watch HOURS of TV each week. Now, it's rare that I watch more than five minutes in one month.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Scooper

I never watch TV anymore. Don't watch any news, all my news is available online so I don't need to read or watch about some twat stabbing someone, I pick what news is important to me and read or watch that.

Any TV I want to watch is available on demand.

T.V is dead to me. If you've got a PC you don't need to watch standard T.V.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Commando

TV is still huge. They're still breaking records.
The internet has not killed television, not even close.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only watch sport on TV.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TV is shit these days its mostly all brainless reality tv shows it's horrible Netflix is my tv these days I'm really enjoying movies alot more especially now that I dont have to deal with stupid commercials or censorship from cable and I have a choice of what I want to watch when I want to watch.But I still prefer good video games over movies any day.