• 120 results
Edited 9 months, 12 days ago

Poll: Have you ever been in love? (351 votes)

Yes 61%
No 25%
I'm not sure 14%
#1 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

Yeah.

If there was a pill/shot to take so you couldn't "fall in love" I would get it in a heartbeat, though.

#2 Posted by edsone (222 posts) -

Gotta love cookies!!

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36110 posts) -

I don't think so. I've had self-hating crushes, though. Do they count?

#4 Posted by JayEH (521 posts) -

Not sure. I had a girlfriend senior year of high school/ first couple months of college and I said "I love you" but I don't know if I really did. I think I was just in that lovey-dovey stage of my life.

#5 Edited by ViciousBearMauling (897 posts) -

Well.... I have this thing called a wife and I love her i guess, when she DOESN'T speak....

Honestly joking!!!! I love the gal. She's great. (Except when she doesn't scrape her plate after dinner and puts it in the sink, so I have to dig food out of the sink strainer.... -_- )

#6 Posted by AgnosticJesus (542 posts) -

Yes, but your mom broke my heart

#7 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

(Except when she doesn't scrape her plate after dinner and puts it in the sink, so I have to dig food out of the sink strainer.... -_- )

I fucking hate that so much.

And, yes.

#8 Posted by ViciousBearMauling (897 posts) -

@viciousbearmauling said:

(Except when she doesn't scrape her plate after dinner and puts it in the sink, so I have to dig food out of the sink strainer.... -_- )

I fucking hate that so much.

And, yes.

I KNOW RIGHT???!?!?!?!?

That is my biggest pet peeve in the entire world and every now and again she'll forget and I just wanna grab the strainer and dumb the fucking food on her head ARGH!!!!!!!!!

#9 Edited by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

I fell in love with life a long time ago bro.

#10 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5272 posts) -

Sure, but I think the better question is "Do you believe in life after love".

#11 Posted by ajamafalous (11871 posts) -

Yep.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

No.

#13 Posted by spraynardtatum (2631 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan: I can feel something inside me sayin that I really don't think it's strong enough no

#14 Posted by Clonedzero (4096 posts) -

Yup.

It sucks, i wouldn't recommend it.

#15 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3197 posts) -

No.

#16 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

What is love?

#17 Posted by Warfare (1632 posts) -

Yup.

#18 Edited by Vuud (1943 posts) -

I thought I was once, but it was just gas.

@nekusakuraba: Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

#19 Edited by BaneFireLord (2913 posts) -

Yeah, and it fucking blows. If I was given the option to be asexual, I'd take it.

#20 Posted by The_Ruiner (1021 posts) -

Yep. Greatest feeling in the world. Until it isn't..then you want to die....

#21 Edited by laserguy (439 posts) -

I'm in love, so hopefully she will pay my rent. I cant wait for Bad Grandpa.

#22 Edited by TruthTellah (8577 posts) -

We're talking about love here on Giant Bomb?

http://www.lilybellephoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Enchanted.gif

I've been in love a few times before.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzgvwjjbdf1qcddlw.gif

At times it's like you and another person have gone crazy together...

http://static.tumblr.com/4karzlf/OIEm69m6e/tumblr_lqhuxsezqd1qmpkul.gif

And you can have a lot of memorable moments...

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/5043/lpjw.gif

But then things can go wrong. You realize you don't really want to be with them, or it all just falls apart...

Or they find someone else.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4013395/sad-giselle-o.gif

And you can struggle to love again.

It can be difficult to trust anyone else like you did before, and really, if I'm completely honest, that's still how it is for me.

But someday, I'll probably be in love again.

#23 Edited by Coafi (1481 posts) -

I kinda wish GB didn't allow gifs. To answer the question, I'm not sure.

#24 Posted by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

Yeah, she passed away before her time though. This thread is much more of a bummer than it should be. Can we get more Amy Adams gifs?

#25 Posted by Clonedzero (4096 posts) -

@truthtellah: I'd really like to know if you put effort itno searching for appropriate gifs for all that or if you had them all on hand. either way....yeah....

#26 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5272 posts) -

This thread is getting super depressing. I think we need to see this come back.

#27 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Yes, unfortunately.

#28 Posted by TruthTellah (8577 posts) -

@truthtellah: I'd really like to know if you put effort itno searching for appropriate gifs for all that or if you had them all on hand.

You already know.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4347/kgmx.gif

#29 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11498 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan said:

Well, I figure that's @wrighteous86's territory now, since he's the one with the podcast. Also this may be my favorite GBXGAL image. Having Sara in it is just too good.

On topic: Maybe? I thought I loved someone once, and then that sort of turned into one of the more regrettable moments of my life when she shut me down.

#30 Posted by TruthTellah (8577 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan: @hunter5024: Yeah, love is great for the time you have it; it's a very special thing in life. Though, there's a lot more to life, as well, and no matter how sad things can be any one time, there will be new joys in the future.

http://media.tumblr.com/e5c44d8315529897c1c59652eccfec08/tumblr_inline_mq56tye5b41qz4rgp.gif

#31 Posted by GunstarRed (5047 posts) -

@truthtellah: Did a Disney princess cheat on you? Was it with that talking candlestick...he seems like a girlfriend stealing piece of shit.

#32 Posted by TruthTellah (8577 posts) -
#33 Posted by Flappy (2143 posts) -

Uh-huh. Hurt pretty bad, but I learned a lotta stuff from the experience.

#34 Edited by MrCaptain (364 posts) -

I'm in love right now, and we have been together for four years! you depressed people who fail at love can suck it, haahaa!

#35 Edited by Itwongo (1132 posts) -

I answered maybe and then immediately regretted it. It's like that thing about flipping a coin to find out what you really want. Of course I've been in love.

#36 Posted by MikeFerrari7 (183 posts) -

Of course. Love is awesome, until it isn't anymore. I recently left a girl I was with for four years. Was close to popping the big question and all of that fun stuff. Just didn't work out though. I'm trying not to let this gap in between sour me of it. I definitely consider the possibility of it not existing sometimes too though.

#37 Posted by falserelic (5334 posts) -

Afew times I had a crush on some girls in high school, but when I think about It I really wanted to fuck em.

#38 Edited by Verendus (348 posts) -

Yes and still am. 3 year together with my girlfriend. Thinking about her smiling makes me smile.

#39 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1846 posts) -

Not since I wised up a few years ago. Now I just wonder if I'm even capable of feeling it at all anymore... emotions do weird things when they've been played with too many times.

#40 Posted by Ravelle (1198 posts) -

In Elementary School, then I moved to schools without girls , I don't come in contact with girls a lot really.

#41 Posted by 34f3ecwdc3 (162 posts) -

Usually, girls likes to watch fluffy puppy playing around. I like to watch men talking about love, it melts my heart ! only when it's raining outside.

I never felt in love but I imagine how ultra-mega-amazing can be. I barely have crushes..

#42 Posted by SgtSphynx (1273 posts) -

Once, and I guess technically I still am, but that ship has sailed.

#43 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

Yes. I've been with my husband 12 years, and married for 3, and things are going great still, so I really hope this lasts a good long while.

#44 Posted by gokaired (490 posts) -

No, and vice versa.

#45 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3749 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan said:

Well, I figure that's @wrighteous86's territory now, since he's the one with the podcast. Also this may be my favorite GBXGAL image. Having Sara in it is just too good.

On topic: Maybe? I thought I loved someone once, and then that sort of turned into one of the more regrettable moments of my life when she shut me down.

We stopped getting questions, so we stopped recording, unfortunately. We were getting a pretty decent number of downloads though.

We're talking about love here on Giant Bomb?

I've been in love a few times before.

At times it's like you and another person have gone crazy together...

And you can have a lot of memorable moments...

But then things can go wrong. You realize you don't really want to be with them, or it all just falls apart...

Or they find someone else.

And you can struggle to love again.

It can be difficult to trust anyone else like you did before, and really, if I'm completely honest, that's still how it is for me.

But someday, I'll probably be in love again.

Preach.

#46 Posted by DazzHardy (670 posts) -

Yes, and it was the best of times.

Then it ended. That was the worst of times.

After 3 unsuccessful swings at this whole looking for love and making it happen, I figure I've struck out, so if love wants to come and find me, it's welcome to, otherwise BAH to it.

#47 Posted by pyromagnestir (4253 posts) -

I've never been in love, but I have suffered from love like symptoms once. Though perhaps my definition of what love is is a bit more strict than how the term is generally used.

@truthtellah:

...Are you a Disney princess?

#48 Posted by gokaired (490 posts) -
#49 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Yeah. It kinda wears off after awhile. Until you don't have it anymore. Then it's suddenly the most important thing ever.

#50 Edited by LoveSpuds (114 posts) -

Been with my other half since we were 17, we are now 39 years old and married with 2 kids! - I am very lucky I guess :)