• 0 results
#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

I was mugged once. I went to a Killers concert with my former gf and on our way back 3 guys confronted us as we were waiting for the subway. I was terrified and gave them all the money I had, luckily I only had $20 on me. They didn't ask for cell phones or cameras, I think they just wanted to get some cash and get the hell out of there. Have you ever been mugged, jumped or whatever you call it?

#2 Posted by Mono_Listo (430 posts) -

Yes, once, attempted twice thereafter (I ran once, fought back the second). Grew up in a bad part of town.

#3 Posted by Daveyo520 (6681 posts) -

No, thank god. I don't really go to cities to often, so there really hasn't been much chance for it to happen. I know muggings happen outside cities, but not as often.

#4 Posted by cohmafia (13 posts) -

Don't live in a big city so no I haven't. 

#5 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

#6 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

3 times. London is a baaaad place XP

#7 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

No.  I haven't even been to the city in like 2 years.  And it's Salt Lake City so...

#8 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -
@JustTheDoctor said:
"
"
Is that picture illustrating how thugs are getting younger and younger? I can't believe that kid would shoot two adults and reach down for their wallets. What is this generation coming to...
#9 Posted by Yummylee (21506 posts) -

No, fortunately.

#10 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@cohmafia said:
" Don't live in a big city so no I haven't.  "
#11 Posted by Mikemcn (6980 posts) -

I wouldnt mind getting mugged if it meant i could go to a killers concert, but no, i live in a very low crime town with a very small urban area so mugging is rare.

#12 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -
@jadeskye said:
" 3 times. London is a baaaad place XP "
Did you ever get hurt? Did they only take cash?
#13 Posted by bombHills (632 posts) -

No. I live in a small town.

#14 Posted by ClaritySam (594 posts) -

Twice.  First time I got smashed over the head with a bit of wood and done for £20.  Second time I happened to have a knife on me and they seemed to lose interest when they saw it......

#15 Posted by ryoma122 (699 posts) -

only attempted but i did spend the week end in jail because i put the mofo in hospital for coming at me with a knife 
sucks to be the retard who trys to rob a man who is crazy

#16 Posted by theswoosh (162 posts) -

I pre-orded Halo:ODST this one time.

#17 Posted by limewizard (192 posts) -

I have been attempted to be mugged twice. 
Both times I've come out with my iPod in tact, and with a bruise one time. I smacked him one! Mancunians. We aren't nice people.

#18 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Thankfully, no.

#19 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Grew up in Jersey City, NJ and surprisingly I've never been mugged. 

I witnessed a grocery store hold-up before though

#20 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

I've heard of quite a few people being mugged around where I live but I've never been mugged myself, I have been chased before though.

#21 Posted by Jazz (2256 posts) -

I got held up for 25p (50c?) in Glasgow once...that was odd...but thats Glasgow for you. 
My nephew, who lives just outside Paris, got mugged a year or so ago..he's 17. He got jumped by 3 guys after his Ipod. 
He's a tall lad, and..according to him he beat the shit out of them.

#22 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @JustTheDoctor said:
"
"
Is that picture illustrating how thugs are getting younger and younger? I can't believe that kid would shoot two adults and reach down for their wallets. What is this generation coming to... "
>_>? Isn't that Bruce Wayne after his parents just got shot?
#23 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero: and mugged.
#24 Posted by RoboRobb (1051 posts) -

yeah 4 times. London is Tough, son! 

#25 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" @JustTheDoctor said:
"
"
Is that picture illustrating how thugs are getting younger and younger? I can't believe that kid would shoot two adults and reach down for their wallets. What is this generation coming to... "
>_>? Isn't that Bruce Wayne after his parents just got shot? "
umm Bruce Wayne is a fictional character from comic books. Thats a real picture with real people. 
#26 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@Gamer_152: hey are the buttons different like search and post reply and stuff?
#27 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Never been mugged. Mugged a few people, though. 

#28 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

I live in surrey, one of the richest areas in england so no.

#29 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

A hundred guys attempted to mug me once, but thankfully I beat the shit out of them.

Ehm, no. I live in a rural area.

#30 Posted by Bones8677 (3228 posts) -

I haven't, thankfully. 
Unfortunately, my younger brother was once. Some guy approached him on his way home, showed that he had a gun, and took the iPod he had. My guess is, he was trying to join a gang, and this was some part of the initiation as the guy had friends who were watching from a far. 

Terrifying, that pissed me right the fuck off. But my brother did the smart thing and did what the guy told him to do. The important thing was he was safe. But man, that aint right.

#31 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

Almost once.  I was on my way from Alabama to New Mexico in my car and my parents gave me $300 in cash to pay for the trip (food, gas, lodging).  On my first gas stop, I went into this gas station to buy something.  It was only a dollar, but the guy behind me saw the cash wad in my wallet and walked away.  When I got to my car, I noticed him and 2 other guys walking toward my car really fast.  I've never gotten a car from parked to on the road so fast

#32 Posted by rateoforange (403 posts) -
@Jazz said:
..according to him he beat the shit out of them. "
I like the implicit incredulity. I'm not a member of your family so I'll just come right out and say that, unless cuz is some stripe of martial artist, it probably didn't go down precisely like that.
#33 Posted by Jazz (2256 posts) -
@rateoforange said:
" @Jazz said:
..according to him he beat the shit out of them. "
I like the implicit incredulity. I'm not a member of your family so I'll just come right out and say that, unless cuz is some stripe of martial artist, it probably didn't go down precisely like that. "
He's closer to Edward Cullen if he was French and constantly pissed off. 
So I'm thinking no. 
But at least he doesn't sparkle in the sun...much
#34 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" @JustTheDoctor said:
"
"
umm Bruce Wayne is a fictional character from comic books. Thats a real picture with real people.  "
where did you get that that pic of me, now im gonna have to kill you all for knowing what happened on march 10
#35 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @jadeskye said:
" 3 times. London is a baaaad place XP "
Did you ever get hurt? Did they only take cash? "
yeah got mobbed by 3 guys. got away with just bruises luckily. other two times i just handed over the cash and they left.
#36 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" @JustTheDoctor said:
"
"
umm Bruce Wayne is a fictional character from comic books. Thats a real picture with real people.  "
It's a pic from the movie.
#37 Edited by larryrules138 (142 posts) -

Yep, like five years ago. I was drunk as shit with some friends hanging around out front of this girl's house. Two weird guys go walking past us, I didn't really pay it much mind aside from thinking they looked shady. A couple minutes later they come back again, and the one guy pulls a gun. The other guy tells the four of us to get up against the car we were standing near. The guy with the gun goes on the other side of the car and has it pointed at me for the majority of the time. His accomplice starts rifling through our pockets, and puts all the stuff he finds there up on the roof of the car. He puts my cellphone up near me, and I cup my hand over it while I wasn't being watched (I didn't lose the cellphone; I only lost a borrowed $2). They were using the rouse that they were undercover cops, and they went so far with it that they denied frisking our female friend, saying that they'd need a female officer for that. After all our shit's on the roof of the car, the guy with the gun starts pulling it all into an open backpack. After it's all loaded up, they scurry off.

Now here's the awesome part: our overlooked female friend. While we were being frisked, she was on the phone with a friend. She played it totally cool and while being robbed, without moving the phone from her face, she hangs up on the person and calls 911. She reports the robbery as these guys are still in the process of doing it. As soon as they scurried away, they walked right into a couple of gigantic cops with shotguns who took 'em down. A while later I got a letter in the mail saying the guy who had the gun was sentenced to seven years in prison, the other guy (who was doing the frisking) got three. And the ridiculous thing is this shit happened in a nice neighborhood. I've hungout in some shitholes in my time, but the one time I'm robbed is in a high-end suburb.

#38 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

No, I live in a small town.

#39 Posted by Miningguyx360 (325 posts) -
@RE_Player92: i guess you didn't get road head......
#40 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -
@miningguyx360: lol naw I still got lucky that night, I paid $120 for those tickets so that made up for me being mugged by 3 guys :P
#41 Posted by Miningguyx360 (325 posts) -
@RE_Player92: POWER OF THE KILLERS!
#42 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Nope. Mugging is such a cowardly act... 

#43 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -
@theswoosh said:
" I pre-orded Halo:ODST this one time. "
lol
#44 Posted by mosespippy (4117 posts) -

Never been mugged but have gotten in street fights with bad drivers. It is unavoidable when you walk the city streets as often as I do (roughly 4km a day).

#45 Posted by ATrevelan (606 posts) -

Back when I was in high school and it was one of the strangest experiences of my life. I'm walking with a friend to his house near our school and a dude comes alongside us on a street corner and puts his arm around my friend, pulling a knife out so only we could see it. He then asks me for my money while we wait for the light to turn so we can cross. I only had a few bucks so I figured it'd be best to just give it up. We're still waiting for the light to change. 

Instead of leaving, the dude starts telling us why he did it and gives me a cell phone number to call. He said he needed to pay for his mom's hospital bills, etc, etc, and started telling us his life story. When the light turns he keeps talking. After about 5 minutes, he's done, and he just walks away. Me and my friend are wondering what the hell just happened. We try to call the cell number, but it'd been disconnected for a long time, as we though. 

Why the hell would he keep standing there, with a knife, looking all out of place in broad daylight for 5 minutes?

#46 Posted by Taborlin (177 posts) -

Once, well kinda, two biggish lads went after my friends iphone in blackburn at about 1am  and they just brushed me aside and started laying into my mate, so I chinned one and started kicking him and he stopped but the other completely gobbed me and I just staggered back, he hit so fuckin hard D:
he got the iphone and cracked my friends ribs. ><

#47 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

No.

#48 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

I was almost abducted when I was little, if that counts. (Don't worry, some dude was just following me on my bike.) I mean, technically they would be mugging my parents.

But no, never. I don't want to die, so I'd probably just give 'em all my money. I don't ever carry more than 20 or so dollars at a time, so who cares. If they didn't have a knife or anything, I'd probably beat the shit out of them, though.

#49 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

Yeah, I got mugged during broad daylight at an elementary school park. Bunch of shady people in my town now.

#50 Posted by KinjiroSSD (694 posts) -

I've been held at gun point but I had nothing on me