Posted by Aegon (5419 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Have you ever cried tears of joy? (147 votes)

Yes 46%
No 38%
Maybe? Don't remember. 16%

Tears of joy seem like a rare thing. Not sure whether that's a normal reaction to a very happy occasion or something that only happens to certain people.

#1 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4167 posts) -

I guess if you have a kid, you would.. Or, a sobby TeamBrad moment..

So, no.

#2 Edited by Video_Game_King (36107 posts) -

Nope, because that would require joy.

#3 Edited by Aegon (5419 posts) -

Oh yeah, I guess I should add: If it's not too private, then maybe you can share the particular moment of joy.

#4 Edited by bitchypixels (67 posts) -

I know this is horribly cliche and corny but the last time I remembered crying tears of joy was when I graduated high school. I spent four years being told that I was never good enough to pass high school but I did and it felt great.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14590 posts) -

Um, nope. I don't think I have that I can recall.

#6 Edited by DetectiveSpecial (464 posts) -

I did recently when I found out that my soon to be born child is a girl. Boys are dicks.

I didn't think I really cared all that much, but when the technician told us it was girl I suddenly got a little teary. It was a completely strange and unexpected emotional reaction, thus.....tears of joy.

#7 Posted by probablytuna (3550 posts) -

I've cried tears of laughter, close enough right?

#8 Edited by zFUBARz (624 posts) -

Laughter plenty, outright joy, maybe once. When I saw my brother for the first time in 3 years when I went to visit him in Korea. (we're very close as I've said in other topics) It was more misty eyed that outright tears though.

#9 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

I did when I read I Kill Giants by Joe Kelly. Fantastic book that I fell in love with, I inexplicably cried tears of joy when I was finished reading it.

#10 Edited by mikethekilla (328 posts) -

No I don't think I've ever experienced that much joy.

#11 Posted by Clonedzero (4095 posts) -

uh, i don't know? maybe? probably? maybe not? i have no idea.

thats kinda weird to think just now. cus generally im a pretty happy-go-lucky guy even though my life kinda blows. so i could see myself crying joyful tears but i dont specifically remember doing it. i probably cried happy tears in one of those touching father-son drama movie moments, those always get me and they're not sad so joy i guess?

fuck it i dunno!

#12 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11498 posts) -

I'm dead inside and incapable of showing joy, so probably not.

#13 Posted by Milkman (16541 posts) -

Actual tears of joy? Not that I can recall. But crying from laughter? Tons of times.

#14 Posted by Chop (1995 posts) -

Nope, never.

I can't think of anything in my life that has made me experience the kind of joy. Kinda fucking depressing now that I think about it.

#15 Edited by TruthTellah (8576 posts) -

I think tears of joy are more common than people think; they just don't necessarily remember them next to the actual thing they're happy about. That kind of steals the tears' thunder.

I teared up a bit at my brother's wedding, and I'm pretty sure I shed some tears when I finally beat MRSA. I teared up post-surgery a few times, as well.

#16 Edited by hidys (1029 posts) -

@milkman said:

Actual tears of joy? Not that I can recall. But crying from laughter? Tons of times.

I voted no but if this counts then I should have voted yes.

#17 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

Yes I have, I like to joy.

#18 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (451 posts) -

Of course, when my Daughter and Son were born. Its like no other experience.

#19 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

Had an amazing vindaloo last night. First couple of bites brought a tear or two to my eye.

You can't beat a good vindaloo.

#20 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Nope, saving them tears for when my son is born.

#21 Posted by Pink_o_mat (203 posts) -

Yes, when my son and daughter were born. It was intense!

#22 Edited by donfonzie (206 posts) -

Real men dont cry. Sometimes devils may though.

#23 Edited by Tennmuerti (8014 posts) -

More times then I can count. No really, I literally couldn't remember all of those times there are so many. Then again I can be an emotional guy when it comes to certain wonderful things.

#24 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Yes usually after someone's sports dream comes true.

#25 Edited by Danteveli (1165 posts) -

No. Sadly I didn't have the opportunity.

#26 Edited by Jeust (10487 posts) -

that's a normal reaction to a very happy occasion

I think it's this. Personally tears of joy for me happen when I sense accomplished an objective after a great struggle. I think it's rare because people don't tend to believe in great struggles, they tend to avoid them.

#27 Posted by Winternet (8008 posts) -

I don't know if it can be considered tears of joy, but I have laughed myself into tears.

#28 Edited by Intro (1206 posts) -

Yes, multiple times, but usually under the influence of marijuana. I can recall once listening to music while sitting outside high and thinking to myself how amazing the Earth and nature are. I started to tear up and cried a bit with a smile on my face. I know what you're thinking, why am I not in jail learning my lesson?

#29 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

No, but man that sounds like a great experience.

Hopefully one day something will move me to cry tears of joy.

#30 Edited by Pudge (869 posts) -
#31 Edited by WasabiCurry (422 posts) -

Yeah, I did.

I cried when I got to see my mom out of the ICU. I lubs my mommy. :3

#32 Posted by JJOR64 (18916 posts) -

I have once in my life.

#33 Posted by Kepler (36 posts) -

Yes, but I can only remember one time. I love me some handball, so when Croatia beat France , if I remember correctly, 30:24 I cried my eyes out. Then we got humiliated against Denmark, but that is another story :(

#34 Edited by RedCream (704 posts) -

Yeah, just recently actually when I finished my undergraduate thesis.

#35 Posted by SMTDante89 (2552 posts) -

I'm almost certain I have, but can't remember any specific moments.

#36 Edited by Jimbo (9776 posts) -

No teary times of any kind since I was little. Stiff upper lip and all that.

Laughter doesn't count.

#37 Edited by notdavid (828 posts) -

I had a muffin a few weeks ago that got me pretty close, but no actual tears.

#38 Posted by Jace (1092 posts) -

I recently got a position at a firm in my industry that puts me way ahead of the curb. At my age, it's hard to find people who respect me. When I got out of the office and sat in my car I turned on some chill music and my eyes got watery. I didn't *cry* but I think it still counts.

#39 Edited by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

No i haven't, though i can tear up pretty good if you get me laughing hard enough, but i don't think that counts.

#40 Edited by Lysergica33 (518 posts) -

Yes ^_^
Mainly through meditation, although there have been other things that have made it happen :3

#41 Posted by indieslaw (333 posts) -

No. Now I'm questioning why that's the case. I don't think I'll sleep tonight.