Have you ever fired a real gun before in real life?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By BeachThunder

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Yes.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jams

I'm not a English Gentleman but I've also never fired a gun before. I do plan on doing it in a couple years though when I move.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By hollitz

@MariachiMacabre said:

Oh man, that was FAST.

'N Furious.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By imsh_pl

@Canteu said:

I'm English and not a hick or a member of the so called "upper class".

So no, and nor do I have any intention to.

How can you know if you've never fired one?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By toowalrus

Never. I got stuck with my grandfather in a god damn deer blind for a few hours before though, and looked through a scope for awhile- thought about blowing up a pumpkin with it, but he probably would have freaked out because I scared his deer away, or something. "I keep these pine branches in here so the deer don't notice my scent." "I've got this little propane heater here, in case it gets too cold." God damn, hunting is just about the lamest thing I can imagine- it's too bad my grandparents aren't into Dungeons & Dragons, or something, that's way cooler.

I'm considering getting a little detective special or something to mess around with. Can't really explain why.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Jams

I'm not a English Gentleman but I've also never fired a gun before. I do plan on doing it in a couple years though when I move.

Don't stoop to his level.

On topic: I've shot a gun. It's not a big deal, and I don't see how people can obsess over them so much but eh, to each their own.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

@TooWalrus said:

I'm considering getting a little detective special or something to mess around with. Can't really explain why.

Oh wait, yes I can:

No Caption Provided
Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rave

For a friends bachelor party we went to a gun range and fired 10 different guns at targets and skeets. It was a great afternoon. I'm Canadian, fairly liberal, and have never hunted anything. It was an experience I recommend people atleast try.
In movies and games its easy to think the actual proper use of a gun is an easy an trivial thing. Firing one will give you a new found respect for them, they are complicated and intimidating. Don't argue that shooting one is for hillbillies and stupid if you have never tried it yourself. Try to look at both sides of something before making a judgement on its worth.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fallen189

I'm British, and my grandfather was a huntsman (Things like pheasant/game etc). I used to shoot bottles/tins off stumps, it was fun as hell!

Voshterkoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Voshterkoff

Quite a few.

roland_d11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By roland_d11

Yes, I fired 10 shots with a rifle when I was forced into the army in Germany (thankfully they don't do that anymore). And I am happy I never have to do it ever again.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel

I've fired a low-caliber rifle at a turkey shoot when I was a kid, but other than that, nope.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Canteu

@MariachiMacabre: Stooping to the level of somebody who doesn't like things that serve no purpose other than to maim or kill.

Thats a pretty tall step my friend. Would you like a ladder?

No. I actually don't really like guns. But starting a thread with an attack on those who do is stupid.
AyKay_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AyKay_47

I live in Canada. My brother and I both have a safety license plus he has an owner's. We have a Baikal MP153. It sits under my bed. We have never fired it.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Not with live ammo, but yeah.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jams

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Jams

I'm not a limey cunt but I've also never fired a gun before. I do plan on doing it in a couple years though when I move.

Don't stoop to his level. On topic: I've shot a gun. It's not a big deal, and I don't see how people can obsess over them so much but eh, to each their own.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I'd imagine getting as excited about shooting a bow as I would a gun. I don't really know why people would obsess over guns. But then again I don't get addicted or obsessed with anything so it's hard to really understand.

roland_d11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By roland_d11

@MariachiMacabre: I don't think he did. He referred to the groups of society that usually own guns in Europe. And that is the 'upper class' who are members of 'hunting clubs' etc. It is the same here in Germany. The 'normal' people simply do not own guns.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By toowalrus

@Jams said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Jams

I'm not a limey cunt but I've also never fired a gun before. I do plan on doing it in a couple years though when I move.

Don't stoop to his level. On topic: I've shot a gun. It's not a big deal, and I don't see how people can obsess over them so much but eh, to each their own.

I'd imagine getting as excited about shooting a bow as I would a gun. I don't really know why people would obsess over guns. But then again I don't get addicted or obsessed with anything so it's hard to really understand.

Woah, how'd this get directed into my inbox?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Canteu

@Roland_D11 said:

@MariachiMacabre: I don't think he did. He referred to the groups of society that usually own guns in Europe. And that is the 'upper class' who are members of 'hunting clubs' etc. It is the same here in Germany. The 'normal' people simply do not own guns.

What this man said.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yes, few hundred rounds with assault riffle RK 62.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jams

@TooWalrus said:

@Jams said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

that's really weird. Let me look and see if I was going to reply to you and changed my mind. I doubt it but maybe it's a bug?

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jams

@Jams said:

@TooWalrus said:

that's really weird. Let me look and see if I was going to reply to you and changed my mind. I doubt it but maybe it's a bug?

Yup, I was going to make a joke about Vinny getting bored while hunting when you mentions shooting a pumpkin but I decided not to.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By toowalrus

@Jams: Ah, so if you hit 'reply', but then deleted it, the message still gets routed to that person's inbox, eh? That was always my guess but I never knew for sure. I wonder if they've fixed that in the new site launching next week.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Justin258
@Canteu

I'm English and not a hick or a member of the so called "upper class".

So no, and nor do I have any intention to. Guns are fucking retarded.

GODDAMN.
Yeah, it was fun, I have decent aim. More than fun, though, it taught me to respect the potential that was in the palm of my hand. I don't believe that anyone can have a good conversation about guns at all until they can say that they've gained that respect.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26  Edited By natetodamax

Pistols, shotguns, bolt action rifles, a crossbow, and an M4. I come from a family of hunters. Shootings guns are fun.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Chop

I grew up on a farm, so yeah, plenty of em'.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By McGhee

Every single thread that mentions guns has that one person saying "I'm British and guns are dumb." It's becoming its own meme. You should change it up like, "I'm British and we love our knife crime."

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By McGhee

@TooWalrus said:

@Jams said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

There seems to be a bug that does this. Happened to me a couple times recently.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AlexW00d

@McGhee said:

Every single thread that mentions guns has that one person saying "I'm British and guns are dumb." It's becoming its own meme. You should change it up like, "I'm British and we love our knife crime."

Knife crime is no more prevalent here than it is anywhere else, we just can't ignore it by focusing on gun crime.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jams

@AlexW00d said:

@Jams said:

You might not be a 'limey cunt' but you definitely do seem like a regular cunt.

You know what they say? You are what you eat.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By 49th

No, guns are illegal here so I've never had the opportunity, I'd like to try it though.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I've fired handguns, shotguns, and rifles. It's pretty fun and my younger brother is an avid collector of older guns. I also own a revolver and a shotgun myself, and I have no regrets with my purchases.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Only an M16.

graf1k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By graf1k

Nope. I have nothing against recreational gun usage or even responsible, limited gun ownership (I absolutely despise the NRA for the record) but I have no need of one or a real urge to fire one. If I ever were to own a gun, it would probably be mostly for aesthetic reasons, i.e. a "pretty gun". Probably a revolver because loading the bullets one by one is gangster as fuck IMO.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By John1912

@Canteu said:

Not sure where the attack was. Care to point it out? Is hick offensive? Is Upper Class offensive?

These are people who in my country often own guns, and more often than not, nobody else does.

You should probably go make a cuppa or something, calm yourself down a bit.

Actually yea, hick is offensive.

http://www.rsdb.org/slur/hick

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@Canteu said:

@McGhee: I guess I should apologise for having an opinion then.

Alright, let's pretend I'm Armenian, or Chinese or American.

Guns are still fucking dumb.

Wait, i've got it. Here's my new meme, you ready? Ok:

I'm a sane, smart, non murderous human being, and gun are retarded.

I don't think owning firearms makes you a murderous human being any more than video games makes you violent.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Canteu

@SathingtonWaltz: I never said they did. I just said that's what I am.

I honestly don't have anything against people who own guns either. I just hate guns themselves, same as tobacco. Shoot and smoke all you like, but those things should simply not exist.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@Canteu: I didn't mean to put words in your mouth, but simply stating what you are and then saying guns are retarded right after that can sound like you are heavily implying something.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#40  Edited By Svenzon

I have. My hometown has a pretty sizeable home guard (also known as "old farts playing soldier") and for a small fee you can use their firing range. I went there a few times back in my teens and fired a .22 training pistol and a bolt-action rifle of some kind. Pretty fun, and you learn how important it is to have respect for weapons.

My dumb friend didn't though and fired his rifle while the attendant was walking up to the targets, because he realised he "had one bullet left". He's not welcome there anymore.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By John1912

@Canteu said:

@SathingtonWaltz: I never said they did. I just said that's what I am.

I honestly don't have anything against people who own guns either. I just hate guns themselves, same as tobacco. Shoot and smoke all you like, but those things should simply not exist.

Lol kill that plant! You should not exist!

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By abendlaender

Nope, and I don't intend to do

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By Bollard

I'm British and I've shot shotguns and smallbore.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Canteu

@John1912: Yes, yes very clever. You know what i mean.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#45  Edited By beargirl1

yup i shot some rifle one time but that's about it

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By swoxx

@Jams said:

@TooWalrus said:

@Jams said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Jams

I had this exact thing happen to me in another thread earlier today.

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SuperCycle

I've fired Rifles and Shotguns. I've never fired a handgun before, I'd love to try one out though, mainly because I'm curious about the kick.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48  Edited By Seppli

Didn't serve in the militia, because of a sports-related knee injury *insert arrow to the knee joke here*, so no. Did use a bow and a crossbow though, and that was quite rad. I'm so very far from the *10,000 hours to mastery* mark, it doesn't even count.

I'm a believer of being *armed to the teeth* though. Why would I ever want a gun, if I can't bite a foe to death with my teeth in the first place? Always go with the basics first, and escalate from there.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dezztroy

A 9mm automatic pistol, a .22 rifle, a .44 revolver and a 12ga shotgun, in that order. Only fired SABOTs with the shotgun, so I dunno if the kick would be different with 00 or something, but man, that thing bruised my shoulder after just a couple shots.

Revolver was pretty fun. Hand was definitely sore after the 50 rounds though.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Bane122

I own a few so yeah, pretty often.