#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

#2 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

No.  My mom does this all the time and it pisses me off.  

If I can't afford something I just don't get it.  I'd rather save up or not have it, than to buy some imitation product.  

#3 Posted by Jimbo (9872 posts) -

I had a pair of fauxkleys. They were pretty sucky.

#4 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Do you guys ever recommend buying fake products? My friend is selling fake Beats which inspired me to make this topic. I'm probably not going to buy them but I was curious.

#5 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

I said no, because I am guessing you mean a fake Rolex, pair of Nike's, or something of that nature. I buy the knock-off brand of cereals though, they taste just as good and are half the price!

#6 Posted by YetiAntics (1491 posts) -

I had large headphones that were knockoffs. They stopped working after a week and had a crackling noise every time i'd listen to music with them.

This was 4 years ago though.

#7 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1180 posts) -
@csoup: That's true. How come the cereals taste just as good but in 2011 their fake colas still taste like shit?
#8 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4643 posts) -

Does cereal count? If then so then I do that shit all the time.

Let's see, a 20 lbs bag of Cinnamon Toasters for $3 or a 2 oz box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch for $5? They taste exactly the same. There is only one acceptable choice here. Go cheap or go home.

#9 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

Okay, wait yeah.  I get cheap cereal sometimes.  

#10 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5278 posts) -

I want that fake Chinese iPad thing just because it's called and iPed.

Also yeah I buy those big ass bags of cereal. Sometimes I get generic store brand foods, but you quickly learn that most of that stuff is crap.

#11 Posted by Brendan (7845 posts) -

I consider off-brand cereal to be a fake product, and technically my parents are the ones who would always buy it. It burned my very soul, along with not doing much for my taste buds.

#12 Posted by playastation (221 posts) -

i buy stuff from dealextreme all the time. Literally iphone replacement headphones for a dollar. Free shipping.

Also, the stuff is horrible quality. The sound was great, but they fell apart within weeks.

#13 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

I've purchased knock-off Ray Bans. I'm to cheap to put down $100+ on sunglasses.
#14 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6305 posts) -

You mean like Chocolate Puffed Oats?

#15 Posted by Veektarius (4922 posts) -

I bought my Cowboy Bebop complete series DVDs knowing full well it was a bootleg.

#16 Posted by RobotHamster (4175 posts) -

Usually when it come's to food I'll buy the knock off brand, it still tastes pretty much the same to me and is a lot cheaper.

#17 Posted by SomeJerk (3305 posts) -

I bought bootleg post-its just because I was curious, it was like square bits of paper of a particular colour and that was it, nothing you could stick up anywhere so screw bootleg products.

#18 Posted by Jeust (10758 posts) -

Some pieces of clothing, and three games. 

#19 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2497 posts) -

I used to use knock off headsets for Xbox 360 after getting tired of paying $20 for the shitty ones MS sells. They sucked, but I could easily get more, and they worked for like a month.

Then I met the love of my life, Turtle Beach.

#20 Posted by CastroCasper (1302 posts) -

I have a small collection of knock off shit. Mostly sun glasses. I went to a car show and get like 6 pair of knock off sunglasses for 20 bucks.

#21 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -
@Veektarius said:

I bought my Cowboy Bebop complete series DVDs knowing full well it was a bootleg.

This is something I don't see the point of. You might as well keep your money and pirate it yourself if you're going that route.
#22 Posted by NickBOTT (481 posts) -

I have a pair of cheap $5 chinatown sunglasses that are supposed to be a knockoff of some brand.  I love those glasses, other than that I can't think of anything else.

#23 Posted by JJWeatherman (14560 posts) -

Knock-off Oakleys while I was in D.C. 

Shit be lookin' dope. ...Until they broke after one day.

#24 Posted by Turambar (6813 posts) -

Do you consider the generic brand of over counter medicine or the in-store brand of something a knock-off product? If so, I've bought a lot of those. Cheaper and just the same as the name brands considering they come from the same manufacturer.

#25 Posted by Matoya (416 posts) -
@louiedog said:
@Veektarius said:

This is something I don't see the point of. You might as well keep your money and pirate it yourself if you're going that route.
Unless he lives in a county where he can't do that with ease.
#26 Posted by Chris_Ihao (102 posts) -

I bought a pair of fake panties to my girl once. Turned out they werent panties at all but socks.

#27 Posted by Veektarius (4922 posts) -

@Matoya said:

@louiedog said:
@Veektarius said:

Unless he lives in a county where he can't do that with ease.

No, I'm an American. But at the time I did not have a DVD burner.

#28 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, i have a few things that are knock offs. i have a shamwow that is fake. some of them are good to have.

sometimes fake products are horrible and mind as well buy the real thing.

#29 Posted by Toxin066 (3304 posts) -

I got a Fauxlex in NYC.

#30 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

generic storebrand foods and other household products

cheap clothes, cus im poor and even if i wasnt i'd just buy whatever was most comfortable.

i also have doctor scrubs for pajamas if that counts lol, somehow i got like a big box of them and they're super comfy. plus a single wash can get ANY stain out, its CRAZY, though they do rip kinda easily, especially the ones that are too baggy so they snag on stuff and rip that way. still i'd highly recommend them.

#31 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Dude, no.

#32 Posted by BalrogsBain (87 posts) -

in the early 90's for a birthday present i was big into TMNT or TMHT as it was called here for a short time i was given a knock off " Ninja turtle" there were so many knock off toys during the 80's and 90's anything from knock of trolls to ghostbusters. I do like to watch videos on youtube of a guy who goes out and buys all these knock off toys its very intresting to see what they try and pass as the real product

#33 Edited by mnzy (2916 posts) -

I bought a Rolex in turkey. For 5 bucks.

#34 Edited by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Intentionally, no. But I was recently looking for a copy of Dragon Quest V for the DS and ended up with a bootleg.

Happened a few times when I bought GBA games from eBay too. Easy enough to get your money back though, they'll never argue it.

I also own this, which is mostly made up of fan/custom made parts and could technically be considered a bootleg. Official ones were only released in Japan, are incredibly rare and fetch ridiculous prices.

#35 Edited by ProfessorEss (7451 posts) -

I bought a knock-off Adidas hoodie at a bazaar in Turkey. 
It was of such questionable quality that it was obviously not authentic, but it was cheap and I was chilly.

#36 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

Nope, did buy a Tommy Hielfngr shirt as a kid once...but it was unintentional.

#37 Posted by Yamoto (111 posts) -

Yes when i was in china 4 years ago there was a vendor selling really wierd bootleg nes games one of them was Super mario bros 4 still have it its super crazy and pretty terrible