• 147 results
#1 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
#2 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

I don't think so. I've never tried staying up as long as possible and I doubt I've accidentally stayed up over 24 hours.

#3 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

A couple of times.

#4 Posted by CornBREDX (5307 posts) -

many times

#5 Posted by JoMate (241 posts) -

regularly, I work a job with irregular shifts so sometimes I can't sleep at night so I just pull an all nighter and than the next night I will be tired enough to fall asleep

#6 Posted by Zidane_24 (739 posts) -

Yep, usually for computer science projects that are due the next day. 

#7 Posted by jbrader (32 posts) -

I've done two days without anything stronger than coffee and cigarettes. It was no fun at all. 

#8 Posted by Meltac (2002 posts) -

Yep, mostly because of assignments. 

#9 Posted by firewrkninja (227 posts) -

I've stayed up past 48 once :P

#10 Posted by Yummylee (21667 posts) -

Far too many times. I've also slept for around 24+ hours before too... and that never ends well.

#11 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

Kendal calling this year i slept once over the weekend, think i was up for 36hours straight, if i hadnt been drunk, i think i would have gone mad.

#12 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I think the longest I've stayed up was like 60, then I passed out on my keyboard while dreaming about tacos

#13 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
@jbrader said:
" I've done two days without anything stronger than coffee and cigarettes. It was no fun at all.  "
My record is three, that was when I was younger though. And no I've never touched drugs and have never had a sip of alcohol my entire life (I'm 26).   

I stay up 24 hours about 2 or 3 times a week. And then I usually will sleep for 14+. It often is the result of me staying up and into the next day to finish my work for that day and then sleeping and starting the process all over again in the evening for the day prior. It's pretty crazy but I cannot keep a solid or normal schedule for the life of me. I'm not working at Fry's Electronics, Denny's or Harkins Theaters anymore in part because of that. 
#14 Posted by IBurningStar (2173 posts) -

24? Try fucking 78. Shit starts to get weird around the 50 hour mark.

#15 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Me and my cousins playing Super Smash Bro's Melee at a sleepover for around 24 hours 

That was fun

#16 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" Far too many times. I've also slept for around 24+ hours before too... and that never ends well. "
Hahaha, I've done that too many times to count. I still remember "It's WHAT day?!" exclamations from my earlier years. :P
#17 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

12-11-12?

#18 Posted by coaxmetal (1620 posts) -

More than once. I think the first time was on a flight to Germany. 12 hours flight, and I couldn't sleep on it. Ended up staying awake for about 40 hours. Every time since then has been in order to get work done for classes.

#19 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -

Longest I stayed up was five days. I had intended to do it a full week, (school) but I started to get hallucinations. Every time I turned my head, something in the visual blur would jump out at me. And I could swear there were tiny men just barely diving out of sight behind every piece of furniture.

#20 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4679 posts) -
@IBurningStar:
Wierd how?
#21 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I have problems sleeping and there was this one time when I knew I had to be a wake early in a couple days to go do something important and I knew that I would need to be well rested or whatever it was I was doing would be impossible to do. So in order to get back into a regular sleeping schedule I stayed up all night the day before, then that way I knew I would be tired and could go to bed early the flowing night and get up nice and early the day I needed to get up.

Everything was going all swell and good, until it came time for me to go to sleep nice and early like I planned, and for some god dam reason I was wide a wake and couldn't get to sleep no matter how hard I tried. I ended up staying a wake until 2 or 3 in the morning, and had to be up at 5 or 6 that day. So not only did my plan backfire, it left me double tired and fucked up because I was now going on lack of sleep for two consecutive days in a row.

Dam that was a rough day.

#22 Posted by mordukai (7151 posts) -

Have you even stayed up for 78 hours straight? ?

#23 Posted by Jeust (10655 posts) -

Yep, I've done it. Still I end up feeling really awful, so I do it as little as I can. 

#24 Posted by Rehehelly (414 posts) -

I do it pretty often. 

#25 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

It isn't difficult

#26 Posted by NathHaw (2785 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" 12-11-12? "
Someone must've stayed up too late.
#27 Posted by PenguinDust (12522 posts) -

When I was in my late teens, absolutely.  I stayed up for 2-1/2 days without any sleep.  I used to go to RPG conventions and we'd play all night sometimes.

#28 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

yup did just that yesterday

#29 Posted by super2j (1698 posts) -

Yep, did it with out any caffeinated help for 36 hours, and in the morning i got a free copy of rog dolls kung fu that psn games that was free that one time. Funny thing is, b/c none of the depressent that is released to help u calm down when u sleep was in my system, when everyone woke up grouchy, i was crazy obnoxious happy.

#30 Posted by Surkov (992 posts) -

My friends and I stayed up many nights playing Red Faction 2. But that was a long time ago. 

#31 Posted by MancombSeepgood (335 posts) -

Yep. It's horrible.

#32 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1497 posts) -

Used to do it all the time when I was younger. Struggle to stay awake for 12 hours these days.
#33 Posted by toolus (118 posts) -

Yep. Used to do it all the time in high school.  Mainly because my friends were not the type of people you wanted to fall asleep around.

#34 Posted by Maotou (71 posts) -
Yep. Haven't slept in 3 days (can't really seem to sleep). So far so good though.
#35 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2721 posts) -

Yes, and it fucking sucks.

#36 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -

Insomnia is a burden. Current record stands at some 110 hours without sleep.

#37 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

Actually was up for like 40+ twice this last week.

#38 Edited by Soapy86 (2622 posts) -

Pffft, 24 hours is child's play. I had a goal once of staying awake for 100 hours. I know I made it past 72, but I don't think I made it to 80.

@IBurningStar said:

" 24? Try fucking 78. Shit starts to get weird around the 50 hour mark. "

Also this. 
#39 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

Yus I have a few times. Not something I'm too good at in me old age though! =p

#40 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1869 posts) -

yea. can't remember how many times, though.

#41 Posted by CaptainCody (1507 posts) -

Protip: Your body needs sleep not only to recharge, but to dream. Everyone dream's if you say you don't you're a douchebag, which is why if you stay up at least 2 days in a row you're bound to start seeing hallucinations because your body will essentially start dreaming while you are awake.
#42 Posted by sharma55 (458 posts) -

Yep, horrible crashes afterward. :(

#43 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Not often, about ten times or so. And I can't recall more than twenty-four hours straight. After sixteen hours of being awake my mind starts to protest, indicating it needs its R.E.M.
#44 Posted by DeF (4893 posts) -

it's called a LAN party and when you're young and excited you forget the value of sleep :D

"what's that pillow for? we're here to play games, dammit!" :)

#45 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2106 posts) -

Most definitely.  I have stayed up for some like 78 hours or something, that is when I was burning out in a ball of flames in college where I was just trying to push through as quickly as possible and was taking as many classes as possible and staying up for days on end because of it.  It was pretty terrible.  I felt like I was walking through a haze of fog every day where there was just no clearing in sight.

#46 Edited by mekon (285 posts) -

The longest I've been awake is:
7am: go to Uni.  6pm:  Part Time shift at local supermarket, all night working on University project 
no sleep in between
next day & night was the same as day one
third day:  hand in project and feel very light headed at part time job  in the evening
Crashed into bed at about 22:00. So about 63 hours.
Edited:  my maths was wrong

#47 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

This is bizzare to me that so many people have. The latest I've gone was like, 19 hours and that was because it was a late production issue for the newspaper I was writing for.

#48 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Try 42 hours, bro.

#49 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I almost did once, only made it 23 hours

#50 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

36 hours for me. Lots of traveling.