• 178 results
#1 Posted by Brianofthewoods (26 posts) -

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

1UP Yours, 1UP Show and other podcasts following the 1upocalypse. The 1UP Show is what introduced me to these, and I was sad to see it go.

#3 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Wait I answered no then realized what a slow painful thousand cuts death Retronauts either had or is going through, I can never quite tell.

#4 Edited by Phazon (69 posts) -

TalkRadar had died a slow and painful death. That show was the fucking bomb, man. Well, not *the* bomb.

#5 Posted by bokchoi (30 posts) -

TalkRadar or TDAR for short, great podcast up til about the 70's then kinda peters out, then brings it back for a beautiful 100th thats 10 hours long and then most of the hosts leave except for Hank (who no one cares about) and it just has a slow drawn out death til 199. 200 can be found on lasertimethepodcast.com and thats a pretty great podcast as well.

#6 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

1UP Yours, 1UP Show and other podcasts following the 1upocalypse.

This.

#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Possibly SatDish last week. I really hope not though. I really fucking hope not.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

tippingforties but they had a nice run so whatever

#9 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (461 posts) -

Rest in piece, 1UP :(

#10 Posted by MetalBaofu (1440 posts) -

Diggnation. And, most recently, The Totally Rad Show.

#11 Posted by captain_clayman (3328 posts) -

Idle thumbs, but then they came back!!

#12 Posted by AgentDanger (31 posts) -

GFW Radio was great - but, unfortunately, 1up wasn't meant to last :(

#13 Posted by pyrosim (4 posts) -

The Cort and Fatboy show. </3 The wounds are still fresh! It went for ten years and the last show just got posted five days ago.

#14 Posted by CaptainFake (28 posts) -

@AgentDanger said:

GFW Radio was great - but, unfortunately, 1up wasn't meant to last :(

I still miss GFW Radio. Nearly everyone who was ever on that show moved on from games journalism, too.

#15 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

The Joystiq Podcast went from awesome to awful over the span of about one week, and never recovered. An attempt to be super-serious and stifle all personaily and humor just murdered it.

#16 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

@Kerned said:

The Joystiq Podcast went from awesome to awful over the span of about one week, and never recovered. An attempt to be super-serious and stifle all personaily and humor just murdered it.

It's slightly less formal now than when they went all NPR on us, but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

#17 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -

1UP, and of course The Hotspot once everyone left.

#18 Posted by pleasedaddyno (87 posts) -

Good Movies Gone Bad. it was/is the one funny movie podcast, but had zero publicity and no-one knew about it. and early 1UP.

#19 Posted by Hashbrowns (662 posts) -

Screened, I suppose.

#20 Posted by AFTERLIFEJOSH (23 posts) -

1Up, TalkRadar, Gamespy Debriefings, and Three Red Lights. All awesome podcasts that sadly ended.

#21 Edited by C0V3RT (1380 posts) -

TalkRadar. The core crew of Chris, Brett, Mikel, and Charlie were amazing. I didn't mind Hank as much as some. Tyler hit his stride when he stopped trying so hard. I stopped listening shortly after Hollander Cooper came on board. He was just...awful. I listened to their new podcast Laser Time for a while but it never felt the same. The high point of TDAR was Chris' story of some random dog shitting on it's own balls story and their 100th episode.

#22 Posted by mcopes1 (3 posts) -

Feedback was GOAT before it got cancelled.

#23 Posted by Ares42 (2795 posts) -

Not exactly a podcast, but I used to watch NooBTooB. Pretty great and funny (those guys never held back), and had the most insane revelation in the last episode.

#24 Posted by jking47 (1247 posts) -

The Oddcast =(

#25 Posted by InternetJames (87 posts) -

Less we forget 'Gamespot presents the HOTSPOT'. I loved that podcast, even after Rich Gallop left, even through and after the Gerstmann-gate. I even liked the Tor Thorsen and Brendan Sinclair years! I listened to almost every episode through my teenage years and without it, I would not be the person I am today.

#26 Posted by RPGee (763 posts) -

Ah fuck, I hit the wrong button. Shit.

I witnessed two different kinds of death, even. The first was the Screened podcast, which was quick and almost painless. It was on the downward spiral anyway, what with Alex suddenly in New York, but still, it left a hole. At least Rorie seems back on his feet now.

The other was what I thought a slow, agonising death with the Three Red Lights podcast at IGN. That shit used to be amazing, and then the 4 main people who kept it amazing left. Made it incredibly hard to listen to after that. It died that day, to me.

#27 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

Choo choo

#28 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2222 posts) -

I didn't get into podcasts until 2009, so Behind The Screened Door was the only death I bore witness to.

#29 Posted by kkotd (319 posts) -

Like 20 World of Warcraft Podcasts... all at once. But seriously, the good ones I miss, WoWPodcast with Laike (no idea where she ran off too), Epic Dolls (though Lela Turkey and her husband still do alot of off and on shows and interviews), 1UP (because it's fucking 1UP) and ofcourse... The best podcast of them all, Arrow Pointing Down.

#30 Posted by PattyOFurniture (35 posts) -

Can someone inform me as to what's the deal with robert ashley's "a life well wasted?" that one was pretty good for the 10 episodes there are.

#31 Posted by haffy (674 posts) -

Thenakedscientists stops in January which sucks. So that I guess.

#32 Posted by RetroVirus (1491 posts) -

@Phazon said:

TalkRadar had died a slow and painful death. That show was the fucking bomb, man. Well, not *the* bomb.

@bokchoi said:

TalkRadar or TDAR for short, great podcast up til about the 70's then kinda peters out, then brings it back for a beautiful 100th thats 10 hours long and then most of the hosts leave except for Hank (who no one cares about) and it just has a slow drawn out death til 199. 200 can be found on lasertimethepodcast.com and thats a pretty great podcast as well.

Yep, TDAR was pretty special while it lasted. The Norwegian King on Names will never be forgotten.

#33 Edited by ExiledVip3r (95 posts) -

1UP Yours and GFW Radio will be forever missed. They introduced me to podcasts, and GFW Radio to this day remains my all time favorite.

A Life Well Wasted was great too, really wish Robert Ashley didn't stop making those.

Irrational Game's podcast Irrational Behavior is great, I don't know if that ones "dead" or not though, I'm hoping they'll get back to it around BioShock Infinite's launch.

#34 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2173 posts) -

Tdar is probably the only one. But I have Laser Time to replace it so I'm all good. The Mass Effect erotic fan fiction episode is fucking amazing.

#35 Posted by DarthOrange (3892 posts) -
@C0V3RT said:

TalkRadar. The core crew of Chris, Brett, Mikel, and Charlie were amazing. I didn't mind Hank as much as some. Tyler hit his stride when he stopped trying so hard. I stopped listening shortly after Hollander Cooper came on board. He was just...awful. I listened to their new podcast Laser Time for a while but it never felt the same. The high point of TDAR was Chris' story of some random dog shitting on it's own balls story and their 100th episode.

I always liked the story Chris gave in the episode where they revisited the superman getting an atom bomb in the ass topic. Chris talked about getting into a fight with his dad and how he could never get hit him. "Come on and hit me! I fuck your mother!" That shit was the best! I didn't mind Cooper all that much but I thought Henry was just such a dick sometimes. Like when I said my game of the year was inFamous 2 Cooper was the only one that agreed that it was a fantastic game. Henry said I was full of shit. I figured someone like him would be able to appreciate a superhero game, but he always seemed to dislike the PS3.

The best thing about TalkRadar was that they always had the community in their mind, and they never forgot about why they were recording a podcast in the first place. They always included fan art in their posts and they encouraged community activity. Hell, a third (usually more) of each podcast was dedicated to the community. The biggest reason I stopped listening to the bombcast and watching quick looks is because the staff here doesn't seem to give the first shit about us. They will occasionally rush through some emails and other then that will almost always just mention people on this site as being assholes on the internet who write shitty things because they are assholes on the internet. The community here is 100 times more vibrant and active then it ever was on gamesradar and yet the staff never seems to appreciate it. 
#36 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

Three Red Lights on IGN was pretty funny but some of that was because they would rather talk about Lost than games. The shitshow dedicated to the 360 Ign replaced it with was awful.

#37 Edited by Manhattan_Project (2173 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

@C0V3RT said:

I always liked the story Chris gave in the episode where they revisited the superman getting an atom bomb in the ass topic. Chris talked about getting into a fight with his dad and how he could never get hit him. "Come on and hit me! I fuck your mother!" That shit was the best! I didn't mind Cooper all that much but I thought Henry was just such a dick sometimes. Like when I said my game of the year was inFamous 2 Cooper was the only one that agreed that it was a fantastic game. Henry said I was full of shit. I figured someone like him would be able to appreciate a superhero game, but he always seemed to dislike the PS3. The best thing about TalkRadar was that they always had the community in their mind, and they never forgot about why they were recording a podcast in the first place. They always included fan art in their posts and they encouraged community activity. Hell, a third (usually more) of each podcast was dedicated to the community. The biggest reason I stopped listening to the bombcast and watching quick looks is because the staff here doesn't seem to give the first shit about us. They will occasionally rush through some emails and other then that will almost always just mention people on this site as being assholes on the internet who write shitty things because they are assholes on the internet. The community here is 100 times more vibrant and active then it ever was on gamesradar and yet the staff never seems to appreciate it.

The guys are always mentioning the awesome stuff people do on twitter. At one point all of them changed their avatar to the Mega Man art someone did of them. Why do you think they get Dave, Vinny, and Drew together for every flight sim game? Why do you think they had a QL of Farming Sim 2012? Or how about Vinny and Jeff suddenly becoming the "sports guys?"

#38 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -

All the 1up podcasts. GFW and the 1up Show are some of my favorites and I still like to listen/watch them on occasion.

#39 Posted by DarthOrange (3892 posts) -
@Manhattan_Project said:

@DarthOrange said:

@C0V3RT said:

I always liked the story Chris gave in the episode where they revisited the superman getting an atom bomb in the ass topic. Chris talked about getting into a fight with his dad and how he could never get hit him. "Come on and hit me! I fuck your mother!" That shit was the best! I didn't mind Cooper all that much but I thought Henry was just such a dick sometimes. Like when I said my game of the year was inFamous 2 Cooper was the only one that agreed that it was a fantastic game. Henry said I was full of shit. I figured someone like him would be able to appreciate a superhero game, but he always seemed to dislike the PS3. The best thing about TalkRadar was that they always had the community in their mind, and they never forgot about why they were recording a podcast in the first place. They always included fan art in their posts and they encouraged community activity. Hell, a third (usually more) of each podcast was dedicated to the community. The biggest reason I stopped listening to the bombcast and watching quick looks is because the staff here doesn't seem to give the first shit about us. They will occasionally rush through some emails and other then that will almost always just mention people on this site as being assholes on the internet who write shitty things because they are assholes on the internet. The community here is 100 times more vibrant and active then it ever was on gamesradar and yet the staff never seems to appreciate it.

The guys are always mentioning the awesome stuff people do on twitter. At one point all of them changed their avatar to the Mega Man art someone did of them. Why do you think they get Dave, Vinny, and Drew together for every flight sim game? Why do you think they had a QL of Farming Sim 2012? Or how about Vinny and Jeff suddenly becoming the "sports guys?"

I guess I spoke to broadly. I mean they don't give a shit about non-subscribers. I don't follow them on Twitter so I don't know what happens there but here we regulars don't get any love. The community action that is TNT is subscriber only. The Flight Club is subscriber only. Jeff answers question that are asked to him by subscribers, for subscribers in Jar Time. Why is there shit even behind a pay wall anymore? The original reason they gave was because they wanted to remain independent, and it was helping keep five sites a float. What reason is there now for them to not just open up the content to everyone like a normal website? 
#40 Posted by RecSpec (3926 posts) -

1up Yours allllll the way to the bitter end. Even after the name change and then to Rebel FM and...yuck. Could've died more gracefully.  

#41 Posted by Zleunamme (704 posts) -

OPM Radio, The 1UP show, 1UP Yours. After 1UP demise, I went to Rebel FM, the Geek Box and Area 5. Eventually those podcasts got me to Giant Bomb. The saddest moment was the last 1UP Yours podcast with Garnett Lee, John Davidson and David Ellis. It was an emotional three hours to listen to. I miss those shows.

#42 Posted by clstirens (847 posts) -

I listened to TalkRadar through most of it, started at 20, went all the way to the final episode, 198.

#43 Posted by SerHulse (687 posts) -

Three Red Lights was the only IGN podcast I listened to for a long while, it was magnificent at times. Then everyone involved left IGN, podcast over, new one sucks.

Also, tippingforties, I was sad to not only see the podcast end, but also their entire run of LP's as a group.

#44 Posted by deerokus (567 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

@Manhattan_Project said:

@DarthOrange said:

@C0V3RT said:

I guess I spoke to broadly. I mean they don't give a shit about non-subscribers. I don't follow them on Twitter so I don't know what happens there but here we regulars don't get any love. The community action that is TNT is subscriber only. The Flight Club is subscriber only. Jeff answers question that are asked to him by subscribers, for subscribers in Jar Time. Why is there shit even behind a pay wall anymore? The original reason they gave was because they wanted to remain independent, and it was helping keep five sites a float. What reason is there now for them to not just open up the content to everyone like a normal website?

TNT isn't subscriber only.

#45 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -

Anyone remember Screened? Another podcast that particularly comes to mind is Adam & Joe on BBC 6 music. It isn't entirely dead but in the deepest hibernation, so I have some hope that it will pop up here and there.

#46 Edited by Wampa1 (742 posts) -

@clstirens: I forgot how amazing the King voice was, that's the only talk radio bid I've ever seen.

@WalkerTR77: I think they'll come back but with both of them off working on separate projects (Isn't Joe doing Antman?, It's crazy that they went from the bedroom to that)

#47 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -

@Wampa1: Yea it seems the main reason they stopped was that Joe was working on Attack the Block, and his directing career has subsequently heated up significantly. Maybe we shall see them again in the Summer, I particularly miss their 12 podcasts of Christmas - and special Xmas day extravaganza around this time of year :( .

#48 Posted by Wampa1 (742 posts) -

@WalkerTR77: I just go back and listen to this stuff... wuzza wuzza.

#49 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -

@Wampa1: It was very charming and human; not unprofessional at all.

#50 Posted by JustKamToo (724 posts) -

Giant Bomb April 2011 RIP