• 79 results
AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AcidBrandon18

One of the main ads that gets presented during the bombcast is for NatureBox. The most recent bombcast actually sold me on a subscription, mainly because I was hungry and have always entertained the idea of a lootcrate like system. The idea of getting random snacks sent to my house, healthy snacks to boot, sounds pretty awesome. Has the bombcast sold any of you guys on Naturebox.

P.S. Yes I know about the Premium bombcast without the ads, but I like my bombcasts long and content rich even if it's an ad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I would but I don't know if I should use Giant Bomb's, Stone Cold Steve Austin's, or Comedy Bang Bang's promo code. I also just get almonds and other healthy snacks for a hell of a lot less money at Trader Joe's. Though I got to admit it seems more legitimate than Stamps.com or Luminosity.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Hunter5024

It seems cool, but I think it's kind of expensive for just snacks.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

The Bombcast offer doesn't seem to work for the Canadian Nature Box site. Tried to sign up, but page always error'd out.

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By thebatmobile

I would totally sign up for it, but they are not currently sending anything to Europe. Perhaps in the future!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Hell no. I can just buy a granola bar on my way to work it's not that hard.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I can make my own healthy snacks much cheaper and have more of them throughout the month rather than waiting on the box. Also I don't live in the US and shipping would probably cost a bunch and I'd be liable to import tax.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Who does the ads now? I haven't listened to the Bombcast for ages, but the Small Business Man stuff was actually pretty good.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My girlfriend used to get Graze boxes which are basically the same thing. Nothing she got was particularly satisfying or particularly tasty, so it seemed like a poor deal. She doesn't get them any more.

Although obviously it's not exactly the same so maybe naturebox is better...

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would if I didn't have a negative bank balance!

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: I hear the same handful of companies advertised on like every podcast I listen to, so get used to it if you start listening to a lot of podcasts.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By fattony12000

Nope.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I would if there was like some sort of larger size available (NatureCrate. son). Looking at the pictures available online, I could legit see myself destroying a whole box in an afternoon if for some reason I couldn't scrounge up a proper lunch/dinner instead.

It seems like it could be a good deal for certain people who live their lives certain ways, but I just fuckin eat whatever whenever until I'm about to burst then later regret decision when I'm working out.

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I really the only one here who decided to plop down the ten bucks to try it for the bombcast? I've heard naturebox advertised on many of the podcasts I listened to so I decided to try it. There was a sampler pack for "free" (2 dollars in shipping) or get half off (10 bucks) for a standard pack in which you would pick what you wanted. Truth be told, I didn't enjoy it at all. I got some dried fruits and fruit chews which I really didn't care for even though they were pretty well recommended on the site. I've liked dried fruit before but didn't care for these. I will say the Coconut cashews were really good. Can not recommend the service especially at 20 dollars a month for one pack of five.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

If they shipped to Norway I would probably try it out. Sadly, they don't.
It would be kinda neat if they got one Europe-based ad now and then as well. Not sure how that would work though.

undrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By undrey

I usually just listen to ads for the humour, or just ignore them, because I live way far out from the US and most ads are for things in the US.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By BBAlpert

I'm currently trying it. Seems alright, though a bit pricey.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No, most of their stuff sounds like hippie crap filled with nuts and seeds that I can't eat, even if I wanted to.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By VierasTalo

I would love to sign up for Nature Box. I'm Finnish though and they don't do international delivery, so sure, I'll sit out.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably would if they would send stuff here. There is a UK equivalent site which also sends snacks but I haven't seen a free code for that yet.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I ordered the sampler box and the stuff was very very good.

I spend about twenty bucks a month on healthy-ish snacks that don't taste nearly as good. Pretty jazzed about getting my first full size box.

If you've got a nut allergy, steer clear though.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Choi

If it came to Europe I would probably give it a try...

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put in an order to try it out last month, and it turned out to be pretty good. Can't hurt to have some healthy snacks around, if for nothing else than munching away on something.

Was well worth the 15 bucks, even if the Canadian selections aren't quite as good as the US, but I'm sure that will change.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@bmccann42@ley_lines How much do you get for the price? I'm interested to know if you get a good amount or are they like small bags of dried fruit and nuts that you'd probably eat in one sitting? How long did they last you? For the cost of it, I could by my own dried fruit and nuts and just throw them into some containers and probably have it last me a month.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By s-a-n-JR

You guys are making Naturebox very happy right now.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's too expensive but this is my first month with it. They haven't arrived yet. The sample stuff tasted great though.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I tried the sampler and every tasted like ass, this is the first month I get to pick stuff so we'll see after that.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I'm pretty sure I can't sign up because I don't live in North America.

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: In my opinion, for $20 the bags are pretty small. There are five bags in a box and I believe each one of my bags was 4 oz.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By hatking

A buddy of mine did it, he heard it through a different podcast we listen to. I haven't asked him for his thoughts on it, but I am really curious.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I signed up but don't think I'll keep going. The bags are small. For the $20/month plan, it's like $4/bag and I can get snacks from a store that are somewhat healthy that are also way bigger. They have a good selection. But man, it's expensive.

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I signed up for it and I'm regretting it. Most of the snacks are a bit weird. I really liked the various figgy bars and the honey dijon pretzel pop, but everything else I've tried is just kind of... bad.

Also, I live in Texas and it takes more then a week for the nature box to get to me. last month it took it almost 2 weeks because it seems like Fed Ex just forgot I had this package incoming.

I think I'm gonna cancel the subscription soon. I went with this for 3 months and it's just not worth it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By monkeyking1969

It seems cool, but I'm not into soy snacks or non-gluten snacks, so I figured 1/4 to 1/3 of the stuff I would get would be stuff I would not like.

You would think GB could do well with 'Loot Create' or 'Nerd Block' advertising. Then again it is sort of impressive that the Bombcast gets Stamps.com and NatureBox.com money because that must mean the podcast is getting some solid 30-50 middle-income demographics; i.e. the small business person demographic.

No Caption Provided

I know this is not how is works...but wouldn't you flip is they had Ronco advertising (i.e. Mr. Ron Popeil). Imagine Jeff selling Ronco knives, rotisserie ovens, Veg-o-Matics, and Pocket Fisherman. I mean right off the bat I think Dan could use every single Ron Popeil kitchen gadget every made...a chicken rotisserie was MADE for Dan.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the sampler and just got my first box so I'll see how this goes

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Corevi

@monkeyking1969: I just want Jeff to sell me knives. Since the Gamespot days that's seemed to be his true calling.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried it out and like other people I don't think its a great deal value-wise. ~$20 a month is a bit much for the size of the bags. Also, I was disappointed by the Kung Pao Pretzels.

katimanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried it for the first time a couple of months ago and it was pretty expensive(I live in Canada) and I was a bit disappointed. It was all ok but I can buy a lot more for the same amount at local stores. Not worth it at all, at least if you live in Canada.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can go out and get the food yourself for like half the cost, so no, don't think I'll sign up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I really the only one here who decided to plop down the ten bucks to try it for the bombcast? I've heard naturebox advertised on many of the podcasts I listened to so I decided to try it. There was a sampler pack for "free" (2 dollars in shipping) or get half off (10 bucks) for a standard pack in which you would pick what you wanted. Truth be told, I didn't enjoy it at all. I got some dried fruits and fruit chews which I really didn't care for even though they were pretty well recommended on the site. I've liked dried fruit before but didn't care for these. I will say the Coconut cashews were really good. Can not recommend the service especially at 20 dollars a month for one pack of five.

If by recommended you mean Giant Bomb receives a small sum for each person who signs up and uses the promo code. I don't know if podcast advertising is still purely commission or if they now pay you a paltry amount upfront. Basically podcast are desperate for advertisers because running a successful podcast is surprisingly expensive and companies know this so podcasters get royally fucked. Giant Bomb would be better off pimping their merchandise, memberships, and just simply asking for donations.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Nope. Zero interest here.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#42 riostarwind  Moderator

I tried it and I only really liked the Tomato flavored Almonds. The rest of the snacks were okay but not enough to pay 20$ a month.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea of random loot box of food but I'd rather it be, say, weird Japanese snacks than healthy snacks.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The snacks sound terrible. If they had a JunkBox service though fuck sign me up right away. Just pack as much trashy junk food into a box and mail that shit straight into my mouth.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cornbredx

I haven't because I didn't really find the ones they give on the free trial appealing. However, My brother my brother and me are pressuring me to so I may eventually fold. I don't know.

@bartok said:

I would but I don't know if I should use Giant Bomb's, Stone Cold Steve Austin's, or Comedy Bang Bang's promo code. I also just get almonds and other healthy snacks for a hell of a lot less money at Trader Joe's. Though I got to admit it seems more legitimate than Stamps.com or Luminosity.

Lumosity is legit. I've used it before, and while the games seem pretty simplistic they aren't bad and do seem to help me feel less tired and my brain feels more active when I did them on a regular basis (which takes very little time each day).

That being said, though, I wouldn't pay their asking price for that. It's basically an MMO subscription for brain excercises which may be worth it, I don't know, but it's too much for me to afford just for that. If they lowered the price a few bucks I'd be more likely to get a monthly subscription.

You can do some of what Lumosity offers for free, though. The problem with the free one is it starts to feel repetitive as you see the same stuff a lot.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Nope, seems neat though.

It's the one product I hadn't heard of previously that I was glad I did through bombcast ads.

Don't have the budget for it right now though.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably would but none of the podcast codes (Jericho and SCSA's podcasts also have ads for them) work in Canada.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: I could just play the Brain Age games on my 3DS for a fraction of the price or even cheaper just keep doing Sudoku, crossword puzzles, and reading.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bartok: You could. Again, I don't think their price is worth it.

Just pointing out, though, that it's legit as you brought that into question.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I was on the site ready to check out, but went to sleep instead.