#1 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

How is it?

Also I have a question. This probably sounds really dumb but is beef tongue good for your tongue? After all the saying goes "you are what you eat" so I figure that eating tongue is good for tongue health?

also check out what I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sandwiches

yes, wikipedia has a LIST OF SANDWICHES, it has all your favorites including "Bacon"

What is your favorite notable sandwich?

#2 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2911 posts) -

@egg: Pretty sure it's not good for your tongue, but it does taste good. In a taco or something especially. It's not hugely different from beef really.

I like AAA pure 100% Alberta beef.

#3 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

I never had beef tongue but, my favorite sandwich is called a Medianoche. It is a Cuban/ Puerto rican sandwich and it contains roast pork, ham, mustard, swiss cheese, and dill pickles.

#4 Posted by Laurentech (127 posts) -

I plan on cooking beef tongue sometime. It's inexpensive and tasty, I hear.

I don't really have a favorite sandwich. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

#5 Posted by Raven10 (1724 posts) -

I'm not a huge fan of tongue. It has an odd texture to it I find. But my Dad and brother love it. I think it is one of those polarizing foods. Either you like it or you don't. Not much middle ground. No harm in trying it I would say. I don't think it is good for your tongue but a lot of people I know like it.

#6 Posted by audioBusting (1477 posts) -

Beef Tongue Sate Padang is one of the most delicious human invention. It's really fatty, though.

Bánh mì with barbequed pork is probably my favorite notable sandwich, but the sandwich I like to make at home is white toast + strawberry jam+ cornflakes.

#7 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

I've never had tongue, but for some reason I imagine to have a similar taste and texture to liver.

My favorite sandwich is a Reuben.

#8 Posted by Grimhild (721 posts) -

No.

Muffuletta.

#9 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2195 posts) -

My mother used to make beef tongue and I remember it being quite good.

#10 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Monte cristo is so goddamn delicious. And it's so goddamn bad for you.

#11 Posted by myketuna (1651 posts) -

A Mexican torta is my favorite sandwich. Telera/bolillo with avocado, a meat (ham, al pastor, etc), Mexican sour cream, beans, queso fresco, and some salsa (real salsa, not Tostinos chunky stuff).

But I'm Mexican, so I'm biased.

#12 Posted by Downloaded (173 posts) -

Don't really have a favorite sandwich, but I fucking loves me some burritos.

Never had beef tongue. Pork snout is pretty delicious.

#13 Posted by OldGuy (1511 posts) -

Beef tongue is pretty good.

The BLT is the best sandwich ever (particularly if you use home grown tomatoes that actually taste like tomatoes)...

#14 Posted by _Chad (963 posts) -

I've only had tongue once and it's pretty good. My favorite sandwich is a pulled pork there's one barbecue place where I live and they make a fantastic pulled pork sandwich.

#15 Posted by Cheesebob (1231 posts) -

Corned beef and mustard.

#16 Posted by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -

1. Cheese and pickle
2. Bacon
3. Cheese and chocolate chip cookie

#17 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

I haven't had tongue, but would like to try it. It's available at a market nearby, I just don't know what to do with it.

As for favorite sandwich, how does anyone choose? There are so many good sandwiches. I think the classics are usually the best, as long as they are made well and with great bread. Reubens are an old standby of mine. Club sandwiches can be heavenly when done right.

There is a deli near me that makes a grilled cheese that is better than almost any other sandwich I've had. Asiago, provolone and jack on Zingerman's sourdough, grilled in butter on a panini press. Then it's rubbed in garlic. It's bonkers.

There is a place down the street from there that makes something they call a tenderfoot. It's turkey, ham and herbed cream cheese grilled on pumpernickel. Also terrific.

To sum up: sandwiches! Eat 'em!

#18 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

I demand more images, less descriptions!

Soup did not suffice for lunch and I require aesthetic nourishment.

#19 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

Beef doesn't have a tongue. Cows have tongues.

Peanut Butter and Jelly on pumpernickel. My grandma used to make it for me.