#1 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -
#2 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -

I have heard scattered reports of people receiving phishing scam emails and am curious if any of us have experienced this yet, and especially where they are.

Its possible they are only targeting specific countries or specific regional PSN's.

Remember to stay safe and be super cautious of all your emails everyone, if you get an email from Sony or somebody, don't click the link, open google and navigate to their website yourself.

#3 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -

Isn't it going to be pretty hard to tell if it's because of PSN or not? Phishing is common and there is a large amount of people on PSN. It's likely that some have gotten scam e-mails, but those could be from anywhere.

#4 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -
@Slaker117:

Yeah, but because of the nature of the data that was stolen, the phishing scams will be very directed at gamers, so it'll be from Sony or Kotaku or something. I've heard someone got one from Limewire as well. So its possible to get a false positive, but I think it'll probably be pretty obvious if its a result of our data being stolen.
#5 Posted by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -

I got a email from

playstation-email.com
but turns out it is legit.
#6 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

No not yet, but I do get phishing emails from "Blizzard" and other stupid things, so, I kinda know what to look for where email is concerned.

should have been an option as well, or you should have put "PAL" as a region...other than that. blue balloon...

Hopefully that’s all that happens with that information, otherwise…jaysus

#7 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

No not yet, but I do get phishing emails from "Blizzard" and other stupid things, so, I kinda know what to look for where email is concerned.

should have been an option as well, or you should have put "PAL" as a region...other than that. blue balloon...

Hopefully that’s all that happens with that information, otherwise…jaysus    

#8 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

I've heard US account holders have gotten real emails from Sony about the breach...nothing about phishing though. Is it only the US database that's been compromised?

#9 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4504 posts) -

As someone who spends absurd amounts of time on my PC and whose job it is to use one, I don't think I'm allowed to fall for a phishing scam...

#10 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

Not yet. I did get an email from a "Microsoft Executive" who had an AOL email address but that was before the whole PSN debacle. I've also been checking my credit card payments more frequently and luckily everything seems fine--for now...

#11 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1115 posts) -

Nope, nothing aside from the usual spam.

#12 Edited by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -

This sucks for me because I can't access the email account that I used to register to PSN. Back then, I had a Hotmail account, and since then I've switched to Gmail, so I haven't used the Hotmail one for a really long time. Now when try to sign in there, it just says it's blocked.

E: Oh, I think I can actually access it. Hmm.