• 106 results
#1 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

So, i watched this movie as a kid and fell in love.

But many years later I had lost track of this movie, didn't know what it was called or anything. But still had the image of a cartoon rabbit in my head.

Years ago I decided to place this movie into my VCR which I had used to record it off television, thinking it was a detective movie.

I had found my long lost love again, all all was perfect. But as VCR was not longer the norm I had to find this gem on DVD.

AND YESTERDAY I FOUND IT. So I've just watched this movie, at 20 years of age and it's still fantastic.

It's actually quite dark in some spots and is very heavy on the adult side for a cartoon.

So my question to you Giantbomb is have you seen it? And if not, you're missing out my friend, you truly are.

#2 Posted by Ksaw (343 posts) -

Just watched it agains after not having seen it for probably 20 years. Holds up quite well and, You're right, it gets pretty dark in some spots.

#3 Posted by Mystyr_E (1190 posts) -

I'm through with taking falls

I'm bouncing off the walls

Without that gun, I'd have some fun

I'd kick you in the...

#4 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -

I absolutely adore that film.

#5 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Well I sure have.

#6 Posted by Ksaw (343 posts) -

Also, I didn't figure out that Bob Hoskins was British until about a decade after this movie came out.

#7 Posted by mikeeegeee (1553 posts) -

Yes.

#8 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

I've got my VHS copy of it somewhere that I recorded off the T.V. I can't remember any specifics but it freaked me out a bit at the time. I must've been really young when I saw it.

#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18955 posts) -

Yes, I have seen it. It's been awhile though.

#10 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

I love every single one of you guys in this thread.

#11 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

I watched it alright-- in the theatre, when it came out. And it's still amazing after 22 years! :)

#12 Edited by Yummylee (21496 posts) -

A childhood favourite. Christopher Lloyd bloody scared the crap out of me as well... took me till I think I hit my early teens to realise that it was the same guy who played the lovable Doc Brown. Boy oh boy, whatta revelation that was.

I remember re-watching it fairly recently as well, pretty damn good movie.

#13 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1593 posts) -

One of my favourite movies

#14 Posted by xyzygy (9944 posts) -

It was terrifying as a kid. The steamroller part is one of my all-time horrifying scenes, along with basically all of Little Nemo.

#15 Edited by Yummylee (21496 posts) -

@xyzygy said:

It was terrifying as a kid. The steamroller part is one of my all-time horrifying scenes

Yes, oh my Lord, yes! That's the part that stuck with me for years. Those goddamn eyes, man... THOSE-GOD-DAMN-EYES.

#16 Posted by MetalBaofu (1372 posts) -

Literally about 10 minutes before I came on here and saw this thread I had thought that I need to watch that movie again, because It's been so long. I really loved/love that movie.

#17 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -
 Hell yeah, I did.
#18 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@xyzygy said:

It was terrifying as a kid. The steamroller part is one of my all-time horrifying scenes

Yes, oh my Lord, yes! That's the part that stuck with me for years. Those goddamn eyes, man... THOSE-GOD-DAMN-EYES.

Do you remember me Eddie!? WHEN I KILLED YOUR BROTHER, I TALKED, JUST, LIKE, THIS!!!!!!

I haven't seen it from beginning to end. But I have seen almost every part individually so I have seen the whole movie... just not at once.

#19 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Must have watched it 20 times as a kid. 

#20 Posted by AlisterCat (5531 posts) -

The animation is still impressive. The villain is still terrifying.

#21 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Yep. Still one of my favorite movies of all time.

#22 Posted by Brians (1460 posts) -

The wide breadth of cameos kinda amazed me when I re-watched it recently.

#23 Posted by wemibelec90 (1622 posts) -

Let me try this. *clears throat* Naked cartoon... No, I can't do it. It isn't right.

In all seriousness, I've never seen the movie, just heard the stories.

#24 Posted by makari (597 posts) -

@Claude said:

Hell yeah, I did.

She's not bad, she's just drawn that way.

#25 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Easily one of my favorite movies of all time. They need to make more cartoon-noir films like that.

Christopher Lloyd was fucking terrifying as the judge and Bob Hoskins was perfect as the downtrodden detective.

#26 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

I saw it back when I was a little girl... I can't remember a lot of it, almost nothing, but I remember that I liked it :)

#27 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Who framed Roger Rabbit? 

Was it Mr. Garrison? Jimbo? Chef?

#28 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

Doc Brown, Mario, and Bugs Bunny together at last. Fantastic movie. I seem to mostly remember thinking the ending scene was way too long and I have no recollection of the opening scene. I remember it made me think Bugs Bunny must be badass to have a girlfriend like that.

#29 Posted by PenguinDust (12491 posts) -

@KillyDarko said:

I watched it alright-- in the theatre, when it came out. And it's still amazing after 22 years! :)

This. I also saw some of the post WFRR cartoons that ran before features that way. I remember one was shown before Honey I Shrank the Kids. The scene with Donald Duck and Daffy Duck on pianos is priceless. Cartoon ducks are insane.

#30 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -
@makari: Amazing

#31 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

Oh boy, did I love this movie! Jessica torpedoed me into puberty prematurely! I drew her all the time. I was age eleven at that time. Man, falling in love with a fictional personage... It's weird, even for a kid. I haven't seen it in a long time. And I don't want to see it again. I'm age thirty-five now. I'll leave it as a nice childhood memory.

#32 Posted by jonano (364 posts) -

Yeah I loved it first saw it when I was 7 and saw a few time after that .Seeing Jessica Rabbit was confirmation that I love the Women aaaawwww yeah.

#33 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Oh yeah. An awesome movie.

#34 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

Yes, I have seen it. Yes, it is a pretty good movie. And yes, for what is supposed to be a kid's movie it is quite dark.

But then some of the other kid's movies released around that time were quite dark compared to today's happy-go-lucky perfect world movies. You'd never see The Lion King made today because someone dies in it. THE HORROR!

#35 Posted by PulledaBrad (612 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Yes, I have seen it. Yes, it is a pretty good movie. And yes, for what is supposed to be a kid's movie it is quite dark.

But then some of the other kid's movies released around that time were quite dark compared to today's happy-go-lucky perfect world movies. You'd never see The Lion King made today because someone dies in it. THE HORROR!

You mean like in "Up" where the main characters wife does of what appears to be cancer in the first 5 minutes? Yep, never happens today.

Also dosent this movie have a shot of NAKED CARTOON PUSSY in it somwhere? (Sorry, I had to)

if you're looking for "cartoon noir" check out a comic called "Blacksad" Dark Horse has a trade hardcover of 2 of the stories. Adult detective stories but everyone is an animal. Animals in pants if you will. Amazing art by an ex-Disney animator makes it highly recommended.

#36 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

I remember it blowing my mind seeing Disney guys like Mickey and Donald in the same cartoon as Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny. The mere thought that those folks could be in the same universe was inconceivable to my child brain. Didn't really care for the movie though. I liked it a bit more when I watched it as an adult, but it's still not that interesting to me.

#37 Edited by LastNinja (281 posts) -

Patty cake, Patty cake ...

#38 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (533 posts) -

Yes, I have. Great movie. Christopher Lloyd scared the crap out of me at the end with the steamroller.

#39 Posted by newhaap (421 posts) -

I spent a good few days after watching that movie perfecting my "P-p-p-p-pleeaasse!"

#40 Posted by pyromagnestir (4291 posts) -

Yep. Not to long ago in fact. It was neat. Yeah, neat works.

I might've seen it when I was younger as well, but don't remember.

#41 Posted by NicksCorner (415 posts) -

Yes I saw it, but I didn't like it. I guess I was too young and got really scared by Christopher Lloyd.

Actually I've been researching this movie recently. Somehow I learned that Jessica was showing off more than skin in one particular scene.

Found the said vid on youtube, but quality was so low I dint get to verify if it did indeed contain ladyparts.

Oh Jessica Rabbit, you tease!

#42 Posted by Akyho (1597 posts) -

You all seem to forget one detail!

MICKEY AND BUGS BUNNY IN ONE SCENE!!! NEVER BEFOR AND NEVER AGAIN!!!

Disney and Warner Brothers came together to make this film!

#43 Posted by GunstarRed (5115 posts) -

First film I ever saw at the cinema, love, love, love it. It's amazing how much Roger feels like a classic cartoon character despite being created specifically for that film. Absolutely love the talking bullets.

#44 Posted by Illuminosopher (321 posts) -

Great movie.

#45 Posted by NTM (7335 posts) -

Yes I have, it's not exactly a rare movie. It was also on TV a while back. Also, it's not really one of those nostalgia shitty movies you think is great only as a kid, it's actually a good movie. Well, to other people it is, I didn't much care for it (meaning, I didn't dislike it, nor did I really love it).

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/who_framed_roger_rabbit/

#46 Posted by Hailinel (24383 posts) -

Yep.

#47 Posted by MocBucket62 (1196 posts) -

Yeah and its freaking awesome!

#48 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

Saw it so many times as a child. There was legendarily supposed to be this bit where when the car crashed if you paused the tape you would be able to see right up Jessica Rabbits skirt, me and my friends never managed to find it though.

#49 Posted by StarvingGamer (8135 posts) -

Just gonna leave this here...

#50 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@xyzygy said:

Yeah, that ruined me every time.

Also, absolutely one of my favorites.