• 87 results
#51 Posted by Jared (557 posts) -

Oh yea, I cannot wait! I may have to though since I don't have HBO, may just hold off on watching them till I can buy the set on Blu Ray.

#52 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" Can't wait to watch it tonight at 9 PM EST. According to my dad, the critics say the first 2-3 episodes are kinda slow but if you can make it past those it's great. "
aw! i really hating boring war shows. but i guess you gotta tread through the shit to get to the gold
#53 Posted by natetodamax (19206 posts) -

One hour to go!

#54 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

damn you americans. i don't have HBO :( 

#55 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Is it on at 9?

#56 Posted by natetodamax (19206 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" Is it on at 9? "
9 EST, yep.
#57 Posted by Babymauler (46 posts) -

I really wish Tom Hanks would shift his focus to the Korean war. No one remembers Korea and its veterans. It would be refreshing to see some light shown on their sacrifice. Not to mention it was a large tech war when the jet age really dawned. Yep lets send B-29s on bombing raids like we did in WW2, oh shit MiG's! Queue end of American piston engined bombers. Also I want to meet the genius that had P-51s go in and do A2G when they were well known for catching bullets in their radiators and crashing. We had plenty of P-47s in the ANG in the states. Oh god rambling about the air campaign in Korea I should stop now.

#58 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Thanks you! Gonna watch it. in 9 minutes!!!
#59 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

IT'S ON!!!!!!!
#60 Posted by natetodamax (19206 posts) -
That was really fun to watch. This series has great potential
#61 Posted by Wes899 (2114 posts) -

Seems off to a good start. It's paced WAY quicker than BoB was. Didn't it take 2-3 for that to actually get rolling?

#62 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

I like the main characters so far; all seem pretty likable.  
"How fucked are you now, how fucked are you now?" 

#63 Posted by lucas_kelly (769 posts) -

Looks super awesome.

#64 Posted by Jeffsekai (7032 posts) -

I WANT TO WATCH THIS

#65 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@Gearhead said:
"I like the main characters so far; all seem pretty likable.  "How fucked are you now, how fucked are you now?"  "

That was hilarious. 

But, who was the the douche who was playing with the jap solider who was crying?

#66 Posted by SSully (4186 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @Gearhead said:
"I like the main characters so far; all seem pretty likable.  "How fucked are you now, how fucked are you now?"  "

That was hilarious. 

But, who was the the douche who was playing with the jap solider who was crying?

"
It was a few of them, but that was kind of the highlight of the episode for me. Seems like it might be much darker compared to band of brothers. There was a lot of messed up stuff in the pacific theater, even though band of brothers touched on concentration camps, there is a lot they could do with the pacific.
#67 Edited by wrecks (2256 posts) -

So the kid from Jurassic Park has a heart murmur and can't go to war... But then he does go to war? And then the guy traveling through time with Bruce Willis in 12 Monkeys goes to war.. But then he comes back.  
1st episode was pretty good. Has my interest.

#68 Posted by Jeffsekai (7032 posts) -

Anyone know where to watch this online

#69 Posted by evanbrau (1162 posts) -
@Gearhead said:
"   "How fucked are you now, how fucked are you now?"  "
"You are surely fucked now"

Just got finished with the first episode. Really impressed by it so far, the characterisation could have been more extensive but I think it did a great job in other areas. The script seems good which is something I was worried about after hearing it was produced during the writers strike. One thing that strikes me is that this show is really trying to show how savage the pacific theater of war was.  Really looking forward to episode two.
#70 Posted by DjTann3r (214 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: hbo.com
#71 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

Pretty good so far.

#72 Posted by natetodamax (19206 posts) -

I feel the need to bump this because Part Two has left me speechless. Just sayin'.

#73 Posted by DavidPalmer (343 posts) -

Really enjoyed it. They really executed the shell shock storyline well and there were some badass parts to that one.

#74 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

i hope there is some one like Lt spiers in this

#75 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

If only this was a work of fiction and Cpt. Winters could make a cameo. ;)
#76 Posted by Marz (5652 posts) -
#77 Posted by YoThatLimp (1908 posts) -

Man, what a shitfest. What is with all the melodramatic love stories? Ugh, stopped at 6 and can't go any further.

#78 Posted by Megasoum (354 posts) -

I liked all episodes so far and I will continue to watch it (there is 2 episodes left) but I still prefer Band of Brothers by far. I think I must have watched Bob at least 10 times and I doubt I will rewatch Pacific.

#79 Posted by Chyro (353 posts) -
@Metalideth: 

Basically this.

I just can't seem to get into this show.  There's so many damn characters that it's feels really spread out.  I will probably finish this show but so far BoB was way better. 
#80 Posted by YoThatLimp (1908 posts) -
@Chyro said:
" @Metalideth:   Basically this.  I just can't seem to get into this show.  There's so many damn characters that it's feels really spread out.  I will probably finish this show but so far BoB was way better.  "
I am not feeling any of these characters, none of them feel very close to each other. I still can't tell one character from another (sans sledge and lackey). Man I LOVED BoB, but this is terrible, I shall never forgive tom hanks. 

haha
#81 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2486 posts) -

No thanks. There's too much America Fuck-Yeah in that show for me to enjoy it without cringing.

#82 Posted by Mansemat (21 posts) -

Its pretty good but it's not Band of Brothers even though it ofcourse looks like it.
I'm currently on episode 4 and I'm afraid that one of the things that made Band of Brothers great (ie the relationship of the people) will be lacking in this series as the casualty rate is pretty high.
But it's too early too tell, it will most likely become another classic however.

#83 Posted by Zen313 (94 posts) -

Wow, The Pacific was one of the most inspirational shows Ive ever watched. I couldn't imagine going through what those boys had to go thru at such an early age. My favorite scene either had to be the Pelielu attack or the peach John Basilone gave to the new recruits before Iwo Jima.

#84 Posted by FakePlasticTree (449 posts) -

I watched the finale yesterday. It was a decent show, but in my opinion it was nothing compared to Band of Brothers. Although, John Basilone's final battle was incredible. 

#85 Posted by gla55jAw (2689 posts) -
@FakePlasticTree said:
" I watched the finale yesterday. It was a decent show, but in my opinion it was nothing compared to Band of Brothers. Although, John Basilone's final battle was incredible.  "
I agree. It was a pretty good show but nothing compared to Band of Brothers. They just didn't handle character development that well, especially in the beginning. Guys were dying and you didn't care because you had no idea who they were. I did enjoy some of the downtime stories with Lucky and Basilone. I didn't really care about Sledge and the Cajun guy was my favorite and I don't even know his name or anything about him.
#86 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -

I'll be getting this once it's out on DVD. I have Band of Brothers and it is by far one of the best pieces of cinematography I've seen. I also picked up John Adams (also by HBO), and that is great too. I highly recommend it. HBO does well with its mini series.

#87 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I teared up in the last episode.