HD "Che" trailer.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By artofwar420

Not quite new, but only recently has it shown up in much better quality.

It's directed by Steven Soderbergh, starring Benicio Del Toro (aka wolfman) as Che. It will be released 24th of January of 2009.  However it was given a special showing in New York and L.A. in Dec 12, to qualify for the Oscars.

In its final release it will even have an intermission, remember those?

EDIT: I THINK I GOT IT TO EMBED IN HD.IF NOT CLICK THE VIDEO OR LINK TO VIEW IN HD.

Here's a link to the 720p youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjKzLKj6B0k
Here are higher resolutions: http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/che/
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By artofwar420

Not quite new, but only recently has it shown up in much better quality.

It's directed by Steven Soderbergh, starring Benicio Del Toro (aka wolfman) as Che. It will be released 24th of January of 2009.  However it was given a special showing in New York and L.A. in Dec 12, to qualify for the Oscars.

In its final release it will even have an intermission, remember those?

EDIT: I THINK I GOT IT TO EMBED IN HD.IF NOT CLICK THE VIDEO OR LINK TO VIEW IN HD.

Here's a link to the 720p youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjKzLKj6B0k
Here are higher resolutions: http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/che/
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow, Benicio looks the part. I hope this isn't a complete romanticization of him and shows some of the choices he made which really shouldn't be heralded as much as they are.
Maybe all these stupid kids will finally know who the guy on their t-shirt is.
I remember a few years ago, this idiot wore that stupid Che t-shirt and had no idea who it was.
He thought he was some Colombian cocaine dealer. My buddy subsequently punched him in the face.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_
TeflonBilly said:
"Wow, Benicio looks the part. I hope this isn't a complete romanticization of him and shows some of the choices he made which really shouldn't be heralded as much as they are.
I remember a few years ago, this idiot wore that stupid Che t-shirt and had no idea who it was.
He thought he was some Colombian cocaine dealer. My buddy subsequently punched him in the face."
They are attempting to base as much of the movie as possible on rock-hard fact. Not that I care, really. I have a buddy who is obsessed with Guevara. He won't shut up about this movie.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By artofwar420

I got it to embed in HD, give that a shot.

Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rorschach

Hopefully this flick causes more people to investigate his extraordinary life (for or against Che, its undeniable), and not to start another ton of hippies vs fascists internet debates.

oedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oedipus

I mean, I can't predict what Che would've done now, but I think he'd be throwin' gamers in prison (just like he threw people who liked rock & roll or who had AIDS in prison). That dude idolized Mao (who was an especially not cool dude). But I'm pro tyranny, and I think people with Che shirts should be thrown in prison. Am I right or am I right?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead
Rorschach said:
"Hopefully this flick causes more people to investigate his extraordinary life (for or against Che, its undeniable), and not to start another ton of hippies vs fascists internet debates."
It'll never happen. People just know him as the face on the t-shirt to signify you're against The Man. I'm sure it's a good film, but at a running time of 4+ hours, I can't see myself ever getting round to it.
Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rorschach
HandsomeDead said:
"Rorschach said:
"Hopefully this flick causes more people to investigate his extraordinary life (for or against Che, its undeniable), and not to start another ton of hippies vs fascists internet debates."
It'll never happen. People just know him as the face on the t-shirt to signify you're against The Man. I'm sure it's a good film, but at a running time of 4+ hours, I can't see myself ever getting round to it."
You don't sound like an optimist, huh? :p
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
Rorschach said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Rorschach said:
It'll never happen. People just know him as the face on the t-shirt to signify you're against The Man. I'm sure it's a good film, but at a running time of 4+ hours, I can't see myself ever getting round to it."
You don't sound like an optimist, huh? :p"
Yeah, something like that.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By artofwar420

I'm actually more excited that it's that long.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Death_Unicorn
Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Otacon
HandsomeDead said:
"Rorschach said:
I think that is why more people should know the story behind the man. It really is an amazing life that Guevara had. Wonder if Benecio Del Toro didn't wash to truly deserve the nickname Che himself!
drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By drakesfortune
TeflonBilly said:
"Wow, Benicio looks the part. I hope this isn't a complete romanticization of him and shows some of the choices he made which really shouldn't be heralded as much as they are.
He thought he was some Colombian cocaine dealer. My buddy subsequently punched him in the face."
Here here, well said.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead
Otacon said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Rorschach said:
I think that is why more people should know the story behind the man. It really is an amazing life that Guevara had. Wonder if Benecio Del Toro didn't wash to truly deserve the nickname Che himself!"
I know. The story does deserve to be known, I just don't think people are going to want to hear it.
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Megalon
Death_Unicorn said:
"If Che was alive right now, he'd cut himself, he was against capitalism and he has become a symbol o f it. Sort of funny if you ask me."
Yeah I always wondered how he would react to seeing his face on a shirt being sold at hot topic. I'm guessing "not pleased" :

This movie looks awesome, can't wait to see it.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By artofwar420
Megalon said:
"Death_Unicorn said:
"If Che was alive right now, he'd cut himself, he was against capitalism and he has become a symbol o f it. Sort of funny if you ask me."
Yeah I always wondered how he would react to seeing his face on a shirt being sold at hot topic. I'm guessing "not pleased" :

This movie looks awesome, can't wait to see it."
He'd probably help these guys:

Burn.
Burn.
SaintLReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SaintLReviews

looks interesting