"Heaven" or "Hell"? Where would you want to go?

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Edited By yagami

First off, I am an Atheist. I don't believe in irrational bullshit such as "god(s)", "heaven" and "hell". Why? No evidence, and loads of contradictions in respective books. Still I came to think about where I wanted to go IF "heaven" and "hell" existed.

I have this furious hatred for evil people. Evil people are... well, evil. But hold on, what makes a person evil? It is a matter of what YOU think is evil.

I tend to think that people who refuse to think logically and accept being wrong are evil. Why? Because they are intellectually dishonest towards themselves.

What is so dangerous about that? Being honest with oneself is the most important thing there is. To accept being wrong, and learn from it is equally as important.

Anyway, when it comes down to the point, there's no such thing as universally evil. Some find for example abortion as being evil, some see it as a good thing. Why? Well if X has been raped and doesn't want to have the child, she should have the right to not have the child. - No? No. Some people will say No. These people according to me (because there is no true universal evil) are evil. Why are these people evil? Because they try to limit a person's rights of her own body.

To me, if a person wants to smoke weed, LET THEM. Their body, their life. If a person wants to die.. LET THEM. (However, one may consider talking about it first. BUT, if the person seriously feels THAT bad about being alive, let them. It is their life.)

Now, if a person wants to blow herself up for the sake of Allah... LET HER! But at the same time, don't let her do it in public. If she wants to blow up, let her do it in private so that nobody else gets hurt. One can decide about ones own body, but not the body of anyone else's if it would harm that person in a bad way.

To get to the point... the biblical "Heaven" would be the biblical "Hell" to me, and vice versa. I can't stand people who deny thinking openly, I outright HATE such folks way of thinking.

So, if I could choose, I'd gladly go to "hell" (the fiery place) because to me, "heaven" would be a fucking nightmare. It would be Dead Island FOREVER... (zombies = folks who refuse to/can't think) ...Ok, that came out wrong because Dead Island is fun as fuck. Let me put it this way.. "heaven" would be like watching Rick Perry's "Strong" commercial for all time.

Rick Perry is a brainless CUNT who ought to be sacrificed to cats as food, minced meat. ...Ok, mean to the cats, sorry.. Just grind him up in a fucking meatgrinder... I'll be satisfied with that.

Religion is harmful, not only because of how people think, but how it affects other less intelligent people to also buy into it. It also is harmful when it is forced upon in schools. I wish it a quick death with all of my Spartan heart.

Please specify REASONS to why you would want to go to x. Thank you. ^.^

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By yagami

First off, I am an Atheist. I don't believe in irrational bullshit such as "god(s)", "heaven" and "hell". Why? No evidence, and loads of contradictions in respective books. Still I came to think about where I wanted to go IF "heaven" and "hell" existed.

I have this furious hatred for evil people. Evil people are... well, evil. But hold on, what makes a person evil? It is a matter of what YOU think is evil.

I tend to think that people who refuse to think logically and accept being wrong are evil. Why? Because they are intellectually dishonest towards themselves.

What is so dangerous about that? Being honest with oneself is the most important thing there is. To accept being wrong, and learn from it is equally as important.

Anyway, when it comes down to the point, there's no such thing as universally evil. Some find for example abortion as being evil, some see it as a good thing. Why? Well if X has been raped and doesn't want to have the child, she should have the right to not have the child. - No? No. Some people will say No. These people according to me (because there is no true universal evil) are evil. Why are these people evil? Because they try to limit a person's rights of her own body.

To me, if a person wants to smoke weed, LET THEM. Their body, their life. If a person wants to die.. LET THEM. (However, one may consider talking about it first. BUT, if the person seriously feels THAT bad about being alive, let them. It is their life.)

Now, if a person wants to blow herself up for the sake of Allah... LET HER! But at the same time, don't let her do it in public. If she wants to blow up, let her do it in private so that nobody else gets hurt. One can decide about ones own body, but not the body of anyone else's if it would harm that person in a bad way.

To get to the point... the biblical "Heaven" would be the biblical "Hell" to me, and vice versa. I can't stand people who deny thinking openly, I outright HATE such folks way of thinking.

So, if I could choose, I'd gladly go to "hell" (the fiery place) because to me, "heaven" would be a fucking nightmare. It would be Dead Island FOREVER... (zombies = folks who refuse to/can't think) ...Ok, that came out wrong because Dead Island is fun as fuck. Let me put it this way.. "heaven" would be like watching Rick Perry's "Strong" commercial for all time.

Rick Perry is a brainless CUNT who ought to be sacrificed to cats as food, minced meat. ...Ok, mean to the cats, sorry.. Just grind him up in a fucking meatgrinder... I'll be satisfied with that.

Religion is harmful, not only because of how people think, but how it affects other less intelligent people to also buy into it. It also is harmful when it is forced upon in schools. I wish it a quick death with all of my Spartan heart.

Please specify REASONS to why you would want to go to x. Thank you. ^.^

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By kingzetta

Well Heaven is the place where you don't get raped by demons in a pool of lava, so that place.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By TehFlan

I assure you there'll be just as many ignorant morons in hell as heaven.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@kingzetta said:

Well Heaven is the place where you don't get raped by demons in a pool of lava, so that place.

This. Have fun being penetrated by devil dongs, bro.

EDIT: Also I think it's kinda weird how being against abortion is evil yet grinding someone up in a meat grinder is chill.

PenguinDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PenguinDoctor

Sorry to break it to you man, but Heaven is a place on Earth. So you're already there, or in Hell, or whatever...

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Dagbiker

Ideas, including religion are nether good or evil, men and woman are. Also just because you don't like a guy dose not mean he should die.

roc_553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By roc_553

@Yagami said:

One can decide about ones own body, but not the body of anyone else's if it would harm that person in a bad way.

It seems that those two points contradict each other. Why is it wrong for a mother to harm her child after they have been born, but not before?

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think Religion is harmful....  Im Catholic but I can think rationally and Im not going to go out killing other people because they go against my religion.  In fact, I think my religion is helping me to help others and contemplate about the life that Im living.  Do I think religion is going to be a positive thing for everyone?  No but at least it helped me to develop my conscience and the way I treat others. 

Oh and another thing....  I dislike people that take Religion too far but I also dislike atheists that act elitist and think theyre the smartest people in the world just because they dont believe in a God.  Seriously, fuck off, I dont care about what you think about my religion and how you think I should live my life.  I made that decision myself and I know what Im fucking doing.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NekuCTR

Religion was the original law man, it's not harmful, it's a necessity. Sure more people have been killed in the name of religion than anything else, but at the same time order would be nearly impossible without it.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaChosen

I'd rather stay here. Sure we make a mess of it sometimes but it's our mess and our world. That is several orders of magnitude better to me than a place where we're endlessly tortured or a place that we no longer have control over(In simplest terms).

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mylifeforAiur

It's good to see that the OP is as rational and open-minded as he would like other people to be.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joker369

For one, calling religion irrational bullshit is just being an ass for no good reason. If you don't believe that, fine, but don't put others down if they do. Secondly, the Bible has no contradictions. Read it cover to cover and name one. There a lot of bad things to be said of atheists too, espically those who think they are so smart because they have no God. Video game forums are about the last place to be talking about religion but it really pisses me of when people put things down because they don't believe in it. I believe in Jesus Christ and you dont believe in a God, fine. Let's not put each other down and offend people and instead talk about the reason this website is here, video games.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By grilledcheez

To answer your question, I don't really think about it because neither place exists. Also, neither one as humanity has portrayed them to be interests me at all. I GUESS IF I HAD TO PICK I'D PICK HEAVEN BECAUSE CLOUDS

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Karl_Boss

I read the first two sentences and I can already tell this is just a thread for hating on religious views.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By coaxmetal

Duel 1.... LET'S ROCK!

this thread is about Guilty Gear, is it not?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Brendan

If we're talking about a a choice between a place that is supposed to be full of incredible happiness and a place that is full of horrific suffering then I'd probably take the first one.

Smart post, bro.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By coaxmetal

Guys this is a video game website, and sure, i'm an atheist, but whatever, i'd rather talk about guilty gear. Let's try to stay on topic.

Here's some silly guilty gear music:

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By icicle7x3

roc_553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By roc_553

@Riboflavin said:

Guys this is a video game website, and sure, i'm an atheist, but whatever, i'd rather talk about guilty gear. Let's try to stay on topic.

Don't try to force your pro-Guilty Gear agenda on me.

Guilty Gear is harmful, not only because of how people who play it think, but how it affects other less intelligent people to also buy into it. It also is harmful when it is forced upon in schools. I wish it a quick death. I mean, come on. Dr. Baldhead? Sol Badguy? I for one don't believe in this irrational bullshit!

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bananaz

I define good and evil as conscientiousness towards sharing a world with other people vs selfishness and acting like you're the center of the universe. Nature is unfair and plays by its own rules and society is our crude attempt to create a pocket of fairness on earth. Because fairness is good to us, while unfairness inevitably leads to dead people.

As for your question. Heaven is, I've been told, defined by being next to god for all eternity, while hell is defined by being denied the presence of god for all eternity. The implication is that earth is between them in that regard. In that case, the question becomes, how do you feel about god? Do you want more or less of that? I could understand either answer, but I say less. It's a personal preference. Do you want absolute security and order by a pretty draconian authority with a chance of damnation during the second-coming re-judging or uncertainty and the unknown with a chance at second-coming re-judged salvation?

BTW, I'm an atheist in case you care. I'm just a nerd.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheKramer89

@Brendan said:

If we're talking about a a choice between a place that is supposed to be full of incredible happiness and a place that is full of horrific suffering then I'd probably take the first one.

Smart post, bro.

Seriously. OP is kinda dumb and very close-minded. That's kind of the definition of atheism.

In hell you don't get to just roam the streets, sinning away, listening to Black Sabbath. You get fuckin' raped with tridents with that "Friday" song playing constantly. Hell isn't "cool". Moron.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Simplexity

We would not have had a society had it not been for religion it has it's place in culture, and the core of religion is in no way harmful. It's just misguided people doing misguided things in the name of religion.

That being said I have no interest in religion nor am I an atheist.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SuperWristBands

@Riboflavin said:

Duel 1.... LET'S ROCK!

This is what I wanted to see in here.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BisonHero

As long as it's exactly like this video, I think either one would be pretty awesome.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joker369

Religious gamers are really in the minority here. Makes me feel kinda sad

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Brendan

@TheKramer89 said:

@Brendan said:

Smart post, bro.

Seriously. OP is kinda dumb and very close-minded. That's kind of the definition of atheism.

In hell you don't get to just roam the streets, sinning away, listening to Black Sabbath. You get fuckin' raped with tridents with that "Friday" song playing constantly. Hell isn't "cool". Moron.

I should clarify that I'm not trying to press the christian view of heaven or hell here. However, the theoretical implications of heaven or hell are pretty common everywhere, so no matter what belief someone holds I think that this is one of the dumber discussions Giantbomb has seen.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Spoonman671

You're an idiot.

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By yagami

@Dagbiker:

I wish nobody dead, it was merely a joke. I don't see how one can not see that.

@Riboflavin:

Guilty Gear is awesome!

@Unknown_Pleasures:

No, it is about asking people where they want to "go" . I simply made my point about why I would prefer the fiery place rather than the braindead place. But yeah, I totally hate religious thinking, it is moronic, illogical and dumb so I see no reason to not hate it.

@Grilledcheez:

Hahaha yeah, true, absolutely. Clouds are fucking awesome. If it was just about going up into clouds instead of down to fire, i'd take clouds too. Man... clouds are awesome.

@Joker369:

Religious views are irrational bullshit. I put down stupid views. Therefore... I put down religious irrational bullshit views. If you somehow can justify daft thinking... for all that is "good", lay it on me, bro.

Kay, a contradiction start at Genesis. "god" (one of them...) makes adam and eve at the same time. Next (chapter 2) "god" makes adam, time passes, then eve, from adam's RIB. Hello...? No FUCKING? Oh well, "GOD DID IT!!"

That's one, out of... a whole damn lot.

@mylifeforAiur:

Why thank you...

@NekuCTR:

You are absolutely right, and it is such a shame that you are. Sanity has to somehow break through the insanity. However, in some parts of the world (Sweden for one, the landmass where I live.) religion is frowned upon, and our society is pretty darn healthy. But back in the day I surely do think that it had its positives.

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG:

Jon Stewart is awesome. - You somehow think that for thinking critically in most times, I somehow am more logical than you?!

...Well i'd say that's ABSOLUTELY true. - Elitist? Yeah, probably, atleast when considering that you go by faith, which is defined as "belief without evidence", which is idiotic.. (Feel free to justify how belief without evidence is a sane thing.) Whereas I go with actually learning things, finding things out, looking for facts and so on. - Now, are Atheists the smartest in the world? Probably. I'd say that is indeed HIGHLY probable. - As for me telling you how to live your life, i certainly am not doing that. I am merely pointing out how ridiculously dumb it is for you to believe in something for which there is no evidence for. - Nothing personal towards you, that goes out to ALL people of religious faith.

@roc_553:

Before concievement the child has no feelings, and no emotions. It is not aware. A sperm is not a human primate, it gradually evolves into one after a few months, but it is not a child of primates yet and has no emotion and no awareness. As such, it feels nothing once removed.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Afroman269

@kingzetta said:

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By shivermetimbers

I agree. Fuck psychology, let's let all of those mental patients kill themselves. \

...No...

roc_553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By roc_553

@Yagami said:

Before concievement the child has no feelings, and no emotions. It is not aware. A sperm is not a human primate, it gradually evolves into one after a few months, but it is not a child of primates yet and has no emotion and no awareness. As such, it feels nothing once removed.

What exactly do you mean by "concievement"? Are you referring to conception? Birth? Or some point in between during a fetus' development? At what point does a child develop the requisite feelings, emotions and awareness that makes it wrong to harm them?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MikkaQ

If it's a choice between eternal painful torture on the Hellraiser levels, or being in some deity's kingdom set up for his favorites, well hey... anything that isn't torture is fine by me.

Also OP isn't very open-minded if he just calls religion irrational bullshit. Think what you want to think, but by the same logic you use to justify your weed-intake and suicidal thoughts, let people do their religion thing and don't bother passing judgement. Seems hypocritical to me otherwise.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By shivermetimbers

Your post doesn't make much sense either. If people chose to follow a religion, then they are free thinkers too because they chose to adopt a lifestyle that they feel best suits them. Just because they are against abortion or mass suicide doesn't make them any less of a freethinker than you.

Just because someone has a differing opinion on abortion or weed smoking doesn't make them evil. You yourself are limiting someone's rights if you wish to abolish religion.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I just remembered that this is the kid who wants the Amazing Atheist to be president, and also talked about how he had something stuffed up his own ass.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sodapop7

Your posts follow the same interesting trail as those guys who stand on street corners yelling and handing out bibles. Well done.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BraveToaster
  1. All dogs go to heaven.
  2. Dogs are awesome.
  3. I want to play with the dogs in the afterlife
  4. I'm down for my dogs, dog.
Devoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By Devoid

@Riboflavin said:

Duel 1.... LET'S ROCK!

Looking for this was the only reason I clicked on this thread. I thank you sir.

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By yagami

@bananaz: I like the way you put forth all that. I'd definitely want less of the "god" character considering "his" actions in the books and the retarded laws "he" puts forth.

For the people offended by this thread, do know that I am not sorry at all. As for people who think it is a bad post, that's completely fine with me, one can't please everybody. I put it in off-topic so that it wouldn't interfere with gaming discussions.

@roc_553: I laughed. XD

@TheKramer89: You seem to have gotten the wrong definition. :3 How is it less sane to find things out rather than just believe things are true? - Enjoy explaining that one. ^.^

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Turambar

I do enjoy the OP's fervent declaration of secularism, but lets his image of heaven and hell be dominated purely by the descriptions of one specific religion.

On topic, everything I want to say is already said. The idea that "everyone is sheep except those that abide by my ideology" remains ever so popular it seems.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Yagami: You think all people that believe in a religion put both rational thought and faith into logical thinking?  Dude, youre just stereotyping.  People have faith because they simply want to believe in something ideal compared to the life that theyre living.  Now, I dont see whats wrong with believing in a god or a state of tranquillity if it helps you out emotionally.  Thats why most people believe in a religion.  Not because they think they should take the oath of Chastity for God or because they think the Pope is divine.  Its because it helps ease peoples minds and we are living at a point where most Christians know that the world wasnt created in 7 days or that Jesus actually walked on water.  Its not a matter of being dumb, its just a matter of people looking for a higher meaning in their lives.  
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By VisariLoyalist

this just reads like a angry rant... what was your original question?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dany

How old are you? 15 or 16? You sound like a crazy person preaching on things beyond your understanding. Stop talking about things you don't know about, makes you look foolsih, and learn some fucking respect on other religions.

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Clinkz

You sound extremely childish. And really? Wishing death upon someone because you don't agree with them? Please delete your account.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By McGhee

Valhalla.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Joker369
@Yagami God created Evefrom a piece of Adam's rib then then Adam and Eve had children and all humanity originated from them. God can do anything, that is one of the main themes of the Bible. Putting Christianity down only makes you look dumber and discredits what you say.

And just to show some of the messed up things about what you believe, I pose a few questions to you. What created the beginning of time? How did all the universe come to be? What made we humans the most intelligent species here on earth? What is going to happen to us when we die? Will the world go on forever? If there is no judgemental force in the universe then what is difference between a cold blooded killer and a monk?
roc_553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By roc_553

Say what you will about Yagami, at least his post is trying to create a discussion. All the people who come in here simply to insult the OP, and add nothing of value, deserve their own special part of hell.

I just wanted to get that out before going to bed, because I know that by the time I wake up in the morning, Sweep will have locked this thread.

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By yagami

@roc_553: With concievement I mean when the child is readily produced, has feelings and emotions, as well as some sort of awareness. I may have picked the wrong word, i'll blame my Swedish nationality for that. :p When that happens is around 6-8 months if i recall correctly. - The point is that you can't really harm a non-finished child as it has no feelings or awareness, as cruel as that may sound, the creature feels nothing as it is not yet "alive" (for the lack of a better word). So you do not kill the fetus, as it is not yet aware of life, you simply make it not to come alive.

If the child was delivered and so on, and a person killed it, then it would of course be a case of murder as you take the life from an already living creature.

(Sorry it takes long to answer, answering many posts in one.)

@MikkaQ: I call it what it is. It is fairytales, mixed with horror fiction. If you think that's to not be open minded, that's fine with me. - When I think "Hell", I think torture and suffering in the worst way possible. From being burned "alive" to massacrated to "death" with thin needles.

@shivermetimbers: I can't remember mentioning freethinker anywhere in my main post. Let me know when you find it. - If people are drawn to something, good for them. However, irrational beliefs should be ridiculed for the very sake of sanity. Making fun of irrational belief is very important in this stage of humanity as Atheism is growing ever-so-strongly worldwide. The harmful things that may happen is that people of faith (read insanity) enters politics and makes their religious belief part of how they run the country, the entire planet may be in danger. Especially if the US elects a braindead moron such as Rick Perry, Michele Bachmann or Herman Cain. - My problem isn't with the religion, it is with the people who misuse the religion. The religion itself is really bad comedy books which has a few good things in it, and a fuckload of bad things.

@PeasantAbuse: The very same. TJ (TheAmazingAtheist) is a very rational person. And me sticking my fingers upp to my ass is also true, so what? You do it too, everytime you wipe your ass. Unless... you don't wipe...

Sorry that this all went so damn off-topic so fast, keep on giving reasons to WHY you wanna go to X.

pixieface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By pixieface

You seem to have a very nearsighted view of what evil is. It's disturbing. People who refuse to listen to the other side of the argument are committing willful ignorance. People who refuse to understand the other argument, even one they don't agree with, for the sake of learning and enrichment are committing a refusal to compromise and a certain degree of pig-headedness. These things are not good, but they are not "evil".

Evil is the sex trafficking industry; the kidnap of sisters and mothers and daughters, reducing the whole of their being to objects, controlling their bodies by means of threat, of force-feeding them addictive drugs and of systematic starvation and dehydration, while offering customers the delightful opportunity of raping them to sometimes ten customers an hour. Evil is the comfort women of Japan in World War II, where girls of all ages, some of whom haven't even had their first period, were subject to rape from soldiers sometimes twenty to thirty times a day, every day, for years upon years, while the government refuses to just say, "We're sorry," to this very day. Evil is the mass slaughter of millions upon millions of jews, homosexuals, blacks, and other groups of people who's only crime was not being in the majority. Evil is slavery, whether that's indentured servitude, the slavery of old that is uncomfortable for us to think about, and modern day slavery in China and Africa. Evil is gunning down droves of children in Norway attending a summer camp because they do not conform to your distorted political ideals, or fit within the paradigm of your schizophrenic, technicolored glasses.

Make no mistake: Evil shadows the face of man, but evil is not made manifest in things that annoy you. Willful ignorance and an objection to sympathize with an argument you do not agree with may lead to heinous crimes, but they are not heinous in and of themselves.

I am agnostic. Much like you, I would imagine, it is impossible to have faith. It is not within the boundaries of who we are and we just cannot change that, no matter how much we may try. Personally, I would love to just accept a God. I understand the appeal. It must be infinitely comforting to feel for certain that you will be reunited with those you love in the very end and it must be so nice to have an immediate and guaranteed community that supports you by virtue of being a club member. But to force myself to believe these things would be disingenuous to who I am. Likewise, you cannot expect people who have a deep-seated faith to stop having faith because you think it is not logical enough. It is as much ingrained within them as it is not within you. They cannot stop being who they are, even if you think that would make the world a better place.

Be wary of hatred on a massive and unfocused scale. Hate begets hate, and is as unhealthy for you as it is unproductive to all. Seek to understand those that are different even if they don't seek to understand you.

For the record, I would choose heaven.

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By yagami

@roc_553: Thanks man, that's very kind of you to say. You know what? Back at you. Atleast you don't go on a rampage (unlike some, including me) as soon as the opportunity shows up. ^^

@pixieface: Sorry that i didn't want to mention ALL of the things I deem as evil. I'll get a list going juuuuuust for you.. Or maybe not. :3 Thanks for your contribution though. :3 I admire you for not hating anything at all whatsoever.

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By yagami

@Clinkz said:

You sound extremely childish. And really? Wishing death upon someone because you don't agree with them? Please delete your account.

I have no idea about what you are talking about.

@Dany said:

How old are you? 15 or 16? You sound like a crazy person preaching on things beyond your understanding. Stop talking about things you don't know about, makes you look foolsih, and learn some fucking respect on other religions.

Age isn't relevant. Religions deserve no respect at all whatsoever. If anything, certain religious folks may deserve respect.

I seem to know more about religion than you, which doesn't surprise me as I study it a lot on free time as well. - Now you tell me, why should I respect religions? Why should I respect homophobic, racist, discriminate, downright hateful, illogical, vile, violent texts? Sure, there are some neat things in, but the "bad" succeeds the "good" by far.