Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

Edited By KaosAngel

So I was watching this fat kid talk about the legend of KaosAngel and it got me thinking,

No Caption Provided

Long time no see, huh? I guess I've been away. Dunno what to really say.

I'm in the USAF now as a Linguist. Studying one of the Middle Eastern languages I don't know, the USAF decided they rather me stay in the area of the Middle East so they shot-down my request for Chinese/Korean. Anyways, what I miss?

A lot has changed, or has a lot not changed?

PS. I fucking hate PT.

PS2. Being a Linguist in the military is the hardest fucking thing I've done with my life and that's a fuck ton harder than what I did for Aircrew training.

EDIT: I have a TS Clearance so the "bat-shit-crazy Kaos posts" are a 100% no go, I had to fork over my online aliases during my TS interview because one of my smart-ass friends decided to tell the FBI that I was a "popular" online ID. Yes, the FBI interviews all your family and friends and enemies when you are on TS Clearance.

EDIT2: Ask me anything about military life, anything I can say. I've done Aircrew training, currently in beautiful Monterey, and haven't done SERE yet. I'm studying 2 Middle Eastern languages and I get paid a lot to study and PT.

EDIT3: To all the new guys...nice to meet you.

Hell...it's about time.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

So I was watching this fat kid talk about the legend of KaosAngel and it got me thinking,

No Caption Provided

Long time no see, huh? I guess I've been away. Dunno what to really say.

I'm in the USAF now as a Linguist. Studying one of the Middle Eastern languages I don't know, the USAF decided they rather me stay in the area of the Middle East so they shot-down my request for Chinese/Korean. Anyways, what I miss?

A lot has changed, or has a lot not changed?

PS. I fucking hate PT.

PS2. Being a Linguist in the military is the hardest fucking thing I've done with my life and that's a fuck ton harder than what I did for Aircrew training.

EDIT: I have a TS Clearance so the "bat-shit-crazy Kaos posts" are a 100% no go, I had to fork over my online aliases during my TS interview because one of my smart-ass friends decided to tell the FBI that I was a "popular" online ID. Yes, the FBI interviews all your family and friends and enemies when you are on TS Clearance.

EDIT2: Ask me anything about military life, anything I can say. I've done Aircrew training, currently in beautiful Monterey, and haven't done SERE yet. I'm studying 2 Middle Eastern languages and I get paid a lot to study and PT.

EDIT3: To all the new guys...nice to meet you.

Hell...it's about time.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Oh wow, it's you.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

@FluxWaveZ said:

Oh wow, it's you.

Where's the avatar with the breasts?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

And here I thought you were banned. Kaos is back!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

@KaosAngel said:

This is easily the funniest thing I've read in ages.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@KaosAngel said:

Where's the avatar with the breasts?

...What.

I'm not sure when you "left", but I'm not sure if you missed much or not. There was a 3rd Giant Bomb Endurance Run of Chrono Trigger; Whiskey Media exploded and now this site as well as Comic Vine is owned by CBSI; Brad had a breakdown so he left and that's about it.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BraveToaster

Dude, I forgot you joined the Air Force. Your job is a hell of a lot better than mine was. And your TS clearance is not in jeopardy because of the shit you post in a video game forum. If that were the case, me and a fuck ton of people would be in trouble.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Strife777

I don't really know you, but I do seem to remember your avatar and name. Either way, welcome back.

I feel like I should ask a question so, what languages are you studying exactly?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CaLe

Paid to study languages? Lucky bastard!

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

@Claude said:

And here I thought you were banned. Kaos is back!

Can you ban an idea? Can you ban integrity first? Can you ban excellence in all you do? Can you ban service before self?

@Hailinel said:

@KaosAngel said:

This is easily the funniest thing I've read in ages.

The worst part is being drilled for 2 hours because you went to Keio University and have family in the Middle East. Apparently having people you keep in touch with in many places of the world will raise flags.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KaosAngel

@BraveToaster said:

Dude, I forgot you joined the Air Force. Your job is a hell of a lot better than mine was. And your TS clearance is not in jeopardy because of the shit you post in a video game forum. If that were the case, me and a fuck ton of people would be in trouble.

There's more to it than that, I can't really talk about it.

What I can talk about is Monterey! Weather here sucks.

@CaLe said:

Paid to study languages? Lucky bastard!

Tax dollars expense too!

@Strife777 said:

I don't really know you, but I do seem to remember your avatar and name. Either way, welcome back.

I feel like I should ask a question so, what languages are you studying exactly?

Currently Farsi for about a year, and then Dari. After that I'll be around...can't say.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Claude

Lay off the ladies Kaos. Don't fuck this up. Use the discipline that you have learned. You're an officer now. You represent.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BraveToaster

@KaosAngel said:

@BraveToaster said:

There's more to it than that, I can't really talk about it.

No shit.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Hizang

I also thought you were banned, welcome back dude!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Animasta

I like how you're studying them yet you just say middle eastern languages

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KaosAngel

@Hizang said:

I also thought you were banned, welcome back dude!

Where's your avatar brony?

@Animasta said:

I like how you're studying them yet you just say middle eastern languages

America! Generalizing is the way to go! Plus it's Air Force, we work smarter not harder. Easier to say Middle Eastern instead of Farsi and Dari...plus who even knows what those languages are!

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deathstriker666

So videogames? They let you play any?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By crusader8463

I cant remember if you were one of the ones I liked or not. If I liked you then welcome back! If I hated you....

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KaosAngel

@deathstriker666 said:

So videogames? They let you play any?

Hell yeah! At Lackland for Aircrew stuff I bought myself a 3DS, got a stack of games. Haven't beaten a single one. Got the Alienware once I got stationed at DLI here in Monterey.

Holy shit, I just beat Alan Wake today and god damn that ending sucked. Played a shit-ton of Diablo III, dunno if you guys heard of that. Got myself a sexy little 54 Demon Hunter.

No Caption Provided
Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20  Edited By Giantstalker

When I was in Afghanistan, we just got a local interpreter to say things in Dari/Pashto/Arabic/whatever. I never realized there were uniformed (commissioned, no less) people doing the same thing.

Probably more reliable than relying on locals, but also way more expensive. I've never seen a linguist in the field.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KaosAngel

@Giantstalker said:

When I was in Afghanistan, we just got a local interpreter to say things in Dari/Pashto/Arabic/whatever. I never realized there were uniformed (commissioned, no less) people doing the same thing.

Probably more reliable than relying on locals, but also way more expensive. I've never seen a linguist in the field.

The way they make it sound is less than 1% of military is linguist. Even rarer is an Aircrew with linguist. It's hard man, DLI. Fail rate is way too high and I'm lucky enough to pass my DLPT in 2 different Middle Eastern languages so if I fail Farsi I'm safe, I hope.

DLI is hard man. It's hard.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea who you are, but a shitload of people have (maybe that was just Claude?) talked about you a lot, so you've got to be a cool duder. Welcome back!

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Toxin066

WB duder. The only thing you missed is that Brad is leaving.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By Cincaid

Here I was, thinking you were living your astronaut/spy-life.

I still remember the crazyness of the weeks before (and after) Gran Turismo's release...

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By ajamafalous

Holy shit I thought you were banned.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KaosAngel

@Toxin066 said:

What.

@Cincaid said:

Here I was, thinking you were living your astronaut/spy-life.

I still remember the crazyness of the weeks before (and after) Gran Turismo's release...

I miss not having my car. It's too expensive for me here in Cali and not worth it. The bus system here is only a dollar round trip for military so I passed on buying a car.

Speaking of Gran Turismo, what's the scoop on COD?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CaLe

@Toxin066 said:

That and Vinny spawned a real life baby.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KaosAngel

@ajamafalous said:

Trust me man, when I decided to post for the first time in 8 months...it was the first time I logged into the site since before I left for the military. For a split second I thought it wouldn't let me post.

Then I posted. Kinda sucks the Chaotic KaosAngel is a no-go. :(

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Claude
@Zacagawea said:
No idea who you are, but a shitload of people have (maybe that was just Claude?) talked about you a lot, so you've got to be a cool duder. Welcome back!
Kaos is the worst troll ever. Don't let my love for him fool you.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ajamafalous
@KaosAngel said:

@ajamafalous said:

Trust me man, when I decided to post for the first time in 8 months...it was the first time I logged into the site since before I left for the military. For a split second I thought it wouldn't let me post.

Severely disappointed this thread didn't start with "Hello gentlemen (and ladies)." 

What does TS clearance get you access to, and why do you have it, being a linguist?
Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By Cincaid

@ajamafalous: Or started with "so today as I watched this fat kid stuff his face...[etc]"

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KaosAngel

@Claude said:

@Zacagawea said:
Kaos is the worst troll ever. Don't let my love for him fool you.

Hey, let's define the word troll.

Is it a troll if he hyped up the best selling racing game of this generation? Is it a troll if he loves America? Is it a troll if he wanted to make out with a man in a luchadeer mask?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ajamafalous
@Cincaid said:

@ajamafalous: Or started with "so today as I watched this fat kid stuff his face...[etc]"

Ah yeah, totally forgot that one until you mentioned it.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By toowalrus

I'm pretty sure I made up a bunch of crazy shit when people asked where you went... Welcome back!

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KaosAngel

@ajamafalous said:

@KaosAngel said:

@ajamafalous said:

Severely disappointed this thread didn't start with "Hello gentlemen (and ladies)." What does TS clearance get you access to, and why do you have it, being a linguist?

Fixing that stuff now.

On a serious note, I can't talk about the TS stuff but the "official" description of my job is I supervise transmissions on a plane. Basically I work with radios, that's what I tell everyone who asks what I do. My GF hates that, she says I do more but I can't tell her what I do nor can I tell others.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I don't know you.... Something tells me that might not be such a good thing.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Claude
@KaosAngel: In truth, no. You're doing what you do. And that's be you.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ajamafalous
@KaosAngel said:

@ajamafalous said:

@KaosAngel said:

@ajamafalous said:

Severely disappointed this thread didn't start with "Hello gentlemen (and ladies)." What does TS clearance get you access to, and why do you have it, being a linguist?

Fixing that stuff now.

On a serious note, I can't talk about the TS stuff but the "official" description of my job is I supervise transmissions on a plane. Basically I work with radios, that's what I tell everyone who asks what I do. My GF hates that, she says I do more but I can't tell her what I do nor can I tell others.

Ah, new title! That's better. (EDIT: Oh man and the first line too. Now it's a Kaos blog for realsies)

Not to inquire too much more, but you supervise plane radio chatter, or you supervise radio chatter from a plane?
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KaosAngel

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I'm the mods worst nightmare. Was, can't do any of the inane stuff anymore...yes inane. Once I boosted a load of hentai games to the top games on the site. Can't do that anymore. Nope.

Nice to meet you buddy.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KaosAngel

@ajamafalous said:

Ah, new title! That's better. Not to inquire too much more, but you supervise plane radio chatter, or you supervise radio chatter from a plane?

Supervise stuff that plays on the radio. Music and stuff. I'm a DJ, yo.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ajamafalous
@KaosAngel said:

@ajamafalous said:

Ah, new title! That's better. Not to inquire too much more, but you supervise plane radio chatter, or you supervise radio chatter from a plane?

So what's your hot summer jam?
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KaosAngel

@ajamafalous said:

@KaosAngel said:

@ajamafalous said:

So what's your hot summer jam?

Inside sources say that the Bieber is big this summer, also you might have heard of a song called:

Represent yo. The official song of this thread.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Claude
@KaosAngel said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I'm the mods worst nightmare. Was, can't do any of the inane stuff anymore...yes inane. Once I boosted a load of hentai games to the top games on the site. Can't do that anymore. Nope.

Nice to meet you buddy.

Your pictures about Hamz was pretty funny. Trolling real people in Japan was a blast. And than there were these.

No Caption Provided
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KaosAngel

@Claude: All that hair. Gone. :(

I'll take a picture tomorrow of me in my PT gear after PT, I'm bald as...well damn, can't make that joke either. Oh young Kaos, goodnight sweet prince.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Claude
@KaosAngel said:

I'll take a picture tomorrow of me in my PT gear after PT, I'm bald as...well damn, can't make that joke either. Oh young Kaos, goodnight sweet prince.

Thanks for serving Kaos.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KaosAngel

@Claude said:

@KaosAngel said:

Thanks for serving Kaos.

I can't believe I did it man, still look back time to time. Was talking to my girlfriend about it this weekend, she's back on the East Coast. Memorial Day for the first time in my life meant something. On Friday we had the DLI Memorial Day ceremony and I teared up.

The biggest impact lately was having texts from my father saying he's proud of me and saying that today meant something for him instead of BBQ.

Greatest Reading Material Since Aircrew Manuals!
Greatest Reading Material Since Aircrew Manuals!
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ajamafalous

Was posting on Memorial Day planned or coincidental?

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By ColinWright

You really liked Gran Turismo 5, right?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Claude
@KaosAngel said:

@Claude said:

@KaosAngel said:

Thanks for serving Kaos.

I can't believe I did it man, still look back time to time. Was talking to my girlfriend about it this weekend, she's back on the East Coast. Memorial Day for the first time in my life meant something. On Friday we had the DLI Memorial Day ceremony and I teared up.

The biggest impact lately was having texts from my father saying he's proud of me and saying that today meant something for him instead of BBQ.

That means a lot to me. More than you know. Or maybe you do.
zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50  Edited By zyn

Welcome back!